+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application has been lost by Canada Post

Annamurzik

May 26, 2020
Hi guys! I have had some stressful times. I have sent my spousal application package over 3 weeks ago from Vancouver to Mississauga by Canada Post. I used express shipping with tracking number. Not only did the lady who sent my package messed up and gave me the wrong tracking number but also the package has never arrived to the destination and now nobody can tell me where it is. I would have waited patiently because I understand the current delays, however, my work permit extention was also inside the parcel and I only have 3 months left on my current one, so I am really stressing out. My question is if I could send another identical application with the letter attached to it explaining that my previous one was presumably lost during shipping and if they could disregard one of the copies if the second one ever arrives. Because I really don't know if it will ever arrive. I would use different mailing service and send it with the courier and correct tracking number this time. Please let me know what you think about this.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
happened with me for my citizenship application. I'd say be safe, send the entire package again. In the beginning please add a cover letter explaining the situation in detail and you should be fine. Try using UPS, i found them to be safest in my opinion.

Annamurzik

May 26, 2020
happened with me for my citizenship application. I'd say be safe, send the entire package again. In the beginning please add a cover letter explaining the situation in detail and you should be fine. Try using UPS, i found them to be safest in my opinion.
Thank you for your advice! I'll start printing everything and send it again. So frustrating though. Did you have to send your citizenship application twice then?

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Thank you for your advice! I'll start printing everything and send it again. So frustrating though. Did you have to send your citizenship application twice then?
Pretty much yea. They won't process applications twice though(You only get 1 citizenship.. lol). Same with your case, It's 100 times better to be safe than hoping it makes it. It's matter of our lives basically.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hi guys! I have had some stressful times. I have sent my spousal application package over 3 weeks ago from Vancouver to Mississauga by Canada Post. I used express shipping with tracking number. Not only did the lady who sent my package messed up and gave me the wrong tracking number but also the package has never arrived to the destination and now nobody can tell me where it is. I would have waited patiently because I understand the current delays, however, my work permit extention was also inside the parcel and I only have 3 months left on my current one, so I am really stressing out. My question is if I could send another identical application with the letter attached to it explaining that my previous one was presumably lost during shipping and if they could disregard one of the copies if the second one ever arrives. Because I really don't know if it will ever arrive. I would use different mailing service and send it with the courier and correct tracking number this time. Please let me know what you think about this.
If you are 100% sure that it’s lost, then you should send another package using a courier service. Just remember to stay calm while creating another package so that you don’t mess up anything.

Reactions: IkOnkar