+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICATION GOT REJECTED, WHAT TO DO? PLEASE HELP!!!

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Hi guys,

I got an email from Ottawa today. After waiting for almost a year, they finally answered my email. I don't understand why, because I am pretty sure I checked my english test results prior to sending out my application. Did they change the english requirements since last year?

This is my timeline:
Application filed: March 4, 2013
Application Received: March 15, 2013
AOR Received: April 18, 2013
e-CAS Received: March 11, 2013
Bridging Open Work Permit Received: April 26, 2013
Bridging Open Work Permit Expires: April 25, 2014
no medical

On top of that my bridging open work permit is about to expire. Please can anyone help/guide me what I should do next? I'm assuming reapplying is the only effective way?

Here is the email:

Dear xxxxx:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· temporary resident status during the period of work experience in Canada and any period of full time study or training,

meeting the minimum language proficiency threshold in either English or French, and
qualifying Canadian skilled work experience.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada (NOC 2141)

I am not satisfied that you meet the official language proficiency requirement because you did not obtain the required score on your language test.

You are required to have Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) of at least 5 for NOC B occupations and a CLB of at least 7 for NOC 0 or A occupations. As your individual scores indicate that you have not met the CLB in the profession you were assessed in, you do not meet the official language requirement as defined in section 87.1(2)(d) of the Regulations.

We invite you to review the equivalence of the individual scores with the CLB at the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language-testing.asp

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Yours sincerely,

Case Officer

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa | Centre de traitement des demandes – Ottawa - MP03299
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
Ottawa ON K1L 1L1
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail | Courriel : OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case.

+++++++++++++++

Désistement : En fournissant votre adresse électronique, vous établissez une communication par voie électronique avec CIC et, par conséquent, CIC est autorisé à utiliser l'adresse électronique fournie à cette fin, y compris pour la transmission de renseignements personnels au sujet de votre dossier/cas.

Thank you guys. Any help is appreciated.

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
Sorry to hear that. But if your language score is less than the required score you are not qualified as per the CEC criteria.

Applebite

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
12-03-2014
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
Hey !!! sorry to hear that application rejected.
However the reason given is very simple "Language test score".

You have two options now...
1. Apply for a new application with better and required score while in Canada, and once you get AOR apply for another Bridge permit.
However timelines seems pretty tough.
2. Go back to your home country and file an application again.

In both cases you will require better score in your Language exam, so first book the test date and start prepration to get good score.

Don't worry it's just matter of time you will get it approved soon.

All the best.

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Hi guys,

First of all thank you for all the responses so far. I just got home and checked all my documents. I am not sure if the mistake was made on my side or CIC but as far as I can see I should be eligible with my test results, unless they changed the requirements sometime between December 2012 to March 2013. I attached a picture to support my statement, which was printed out on 24 December 2012. Please have a look and let me know what you guys think.

Here are my IELTS test results:

Listening: 6.0
Reading: 5.5 (this is the one they are probably complaining about)
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 7.5

As you can see from the picture or the link (http://www.morristager.com/forms/5609E.pdf) the IELTS chart states that with
NOC 0,A,B I should be able to past the test and that is what my reference was before I applied for PR.
I know that the link or my picture is not up to date no more, however I would like to know if the change was made prior to my application or after. The only thing I can see on the current website is that it was modified on 2014-02-06.

Please help me guys :) Thanks a lot

SweetDreams

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
SweetDreams said:
I forgot to mention that I am NOC A (2141)
this the reason
as noc a you need minimum 6. get new ielts exam and try to score each 6 minimum than apply for pr.

inayatH

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
SweetDreams said:
Hi guys,

First of all thank you for all the responses so far. I just got home and checked all my documents. I am not sure if the mistake was made on my side or CIC but as far as I can see I should be eligible with my test results, unless they changed the requirements sometime between December 2012 to March 2013. I attached a picture to support my statement, which was printed out on 24 December 2012. Please have a look and let me know what you guys think.

As you can see from the picture or the link (http://www.morristager.com/forms/5609E.pdf) the IELTS chart states that with
NOC 0,A,B I should be able to past the test and that is what my reference was before I applied for PR.
I know that the link or my picture is not up to date no more, however I would like to know if the change was made prior to my application or after. The only thing I can see on the current website is that it was modified on 2014-02-06.

SweetDreams

Sorry to hear about your rejection.
From jan 2013 minimum band of 6 is needed in all modules for noc 0,a. Which is clb 7 in all modules

shan989

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 June 2013
AOR Received.
26 AUG 2013
IELTS Request
submitted with app
Med's Request
14 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2014
Passport Req..
5 march 2014
VISA ISSUED...
submitted PP on 31st march and visa issued on 2nd April
LANDED..........
18th April 2014
SweetDreams said:
Hi guys,

SweetDreams
You are good with your score. I dont know why they have rejected. Better email visa officer to reconsider your file and explain all scores(attach photo copy of your ielts). You know what better hire a good lawyer they know how to do exactly.

July_CEC

Jul 29, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
24-09-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
Passport Req..
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
SweetDreams said:
Hi guys,

SweetDreams
Sorry to hear your rejection.

For NOC A, you should have minimum 6 in all four categories. This requirement is since Jan 2013.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language-testing.asp

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
SweetDreams said:
Unfortunately you've relied upon really old info. If you look closely at that document it's from 2009. It's for this reason that CIC recommends checking their website periodically to stay up-to-date on changes to selection criteria.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/cec.asp
If the link throws up an error, copy and paste it into your browser.

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone for replying. I guess my only option now is to reapply for PR with better scores. My next concern is that my working permit is expiring April 25.

Questions:
1. If I reapply for PR can I remain in Canada?
2. Is there any other options to remain in Canada even just for a little longer so that I can have time to receive an AOR. For example can I stay as a visitor or do I automatically receive visitor status after my work permit expires because I am from Germany and when I travel to Canada I am not required to apply for a visitor visa.

I really only need a little more time, because I am under work and residence contracts.

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Hi Everyone,

Can someone please advise me all the options I have to stay here for a few months longer? I am in desperate need for help.

:(

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Also, I wrote my IELTS test December 7, 2012, which at that time my scores were above the requirements. Is it fair that the requirements have changed a month later?