+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application go beyond the normal time (12 month)

hasmikan

Oct 6, 2017
Hi,

Me and my husband submitted our application last august (I am the main applicant). soon after we were requested to submit additional documents in September..
our medical exam passed soon after we submitted our application last October maybe.
now after more than 1 year, his medical expired in July and yesterday (October 5th) he was requested to re-do the medical exam.
My question is if this means that they finally come close to finalize our application? or they asked him to re do it only because the first one is expired and they do not work on application in this situation...i.e. the medical should be valid at all time...

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Our timelines are pretty close. I submitted in Sep 2016 and also got a request yesterday, but not for redo the medical, it's for re-sign the representative form. I was so excited yesterday because after a year finally there is an officer checking our application. I don't know why they haven't asked us to redo medical coz our medical also expired.
Have you ordered GCMS notes? What status is your application under?

hasmikan

Oct 6, 2017
No we did not oreder notes...
In my account it says background check and eligibility is under review...and now the medical is under review again...
So not sure if there is a sequence or not? for example they are completing the eligibility and background so they need the medical to be valid?
Or they are not related to each other as each (eligibility, background and medical exam) are done by separate offices I assume, ...so we cannot relate one's action to another...?
I have no idea,....I was excited as you said that after a year someone looked at our application!!!!
In the past, I know one was requested to do the medical exam when the application was almost done...but i dont think that is the case here...
The fact that your application got touched (considering we were in same timeline) maybe they just started to look at the applications from that time?

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hopefully this is good sign. I wish both of our cases will have a conclusion soon!! Good luck friend!

hasmikan

Oct 6, 2017
Thanks for your response.
I understand that. Just because they asked for a renewal after almost 2 month after expiration (expired on july 16), so I thought maybe there is a reason...or they just are super slow...so that s why they are asking now...

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Order GCMS notes ASAP. Apps taking longer than 6-months is due to some hiccups on the way as far as I know. The GCMS notes will shed some light on the same. Do not wait any longer. Good luck.