+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for PR while visa is pending

Pemaktitkis

Aug 15, 2018
I'm about to send my application for PR as a Quebec-selected skilled worker. The only problem is that my wife is currently in the process of obtaining new TRV. She has valid work permit though. I consulted an immigration lawyer at my office and called Citizenship Canada Client Support center, and i was told everywhere that as long as my wife actually has a legal status in Canada, we don't have to wait until this situation with her visa is resolved. But document checklist clearly says that "if i live in a country other than my country of nationality i have to include a photocopy of my visa for country in which i currently live ".
My question is: can we apply for PR before my wife gets her new TRV, or at this point we have to wait?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm about to send my application for PR as a Quebec-selected skilled worker. The only problem is that my wife is currently in the process of restoring her Canadian visa, since Canada Post lost her passport several months ago. She has a new passport already and valid work permit. I consulted an immigration lawyer at my office and called Citizenship Canada Client Support center, and i was told everywhere that as long as my wife actually has a legal status in Canada, we don't have to wait until this situation with her visa is resolved. But document checklist clearly says that "if i live in a country other than my country of nationality i have to include a photocopy of my visa for country in which i currently live ". So at this point i'm confused and not sure what i should do - send my application as it is or wait until they stamp a new visa in my wife's passport. Or may be i could just include an explanation letter with my app?

Sorry, i think i posted this in the wrong forum before.
Please correct your post. As discussed in your other thread, your wife has valid status in Canada and is not restoring her status. This is an extremely important distinction that impacts the answer you will be given.

Carol19

Aug 15, 2018
Hello,
I just to ask if the sponsor person is on aish is she can sponsor someone?& is aish is a part of social asistance?thanks

Pemaktitkis

Aug 15, 2018
Please correct your post. As discussed in your other thread, your wife has valid status in Canada and is not restoring her status. This is an extremely important distinction that impacts the answer you will be given.
I edited the post, it should be correct now.