+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for PR from Canada

Amra A

Mar 13, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am Bosnian citizen married to Canadian citizen and we have two kids (also Canadian citizens).
I have tourist visa with multiple entry valid until 2025.
We are planing to move to Canada soon (my husband is waiting for job application reply) and he will sponsor me.
My question is: Is it possible to apply from Canada? We are thinking to go to Canada with my visitors' visa and apply from there. I simply cannot be left alone with kids in Bosnia and apply from here :-(
I have read that there are two options: outland and inland but I am not sure that I understand it.
Help please :)

buzz.bee

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
Feb 19, 2018
AOR Received.
March 29, 2018
Outland would be if you were to apply and remain living in Bosnia while the application is being processed.
Inland would be if you came here on your visa and then applied.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Outland would be if you were to apply and remain living in Bosnia while the application is being processed.
Inland would be if you came here on your visa and then applied.
Correction, you can apply outland and be inside Canada.

For OP, note that obtaining a visitor visa is not always an easy task as they are concerned individuals will remain in Canada and not leave.

buzz.bee

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
Feb 19, 2018
AOR Received.
March 29, 2018
Correction, you can apply outland and be inside Canada.

For OP, note that obtaining a visitor visa is not always an easy task as they are concerned individuals will remain in Canada and not leave.
I think she already has a visa and yes you are correct. However, I quoted it like that to make it easier to understand. Outland you're out, inland you're in.

Amra A

Mar 13, 2018
Thanks for prompt reply guys :)
I understand the basic "Outland you're out, inland you're in." but I have read that I can be in Canada with my family and still apply on OUTLAND basis.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks for prompt reply guys :)
I understand the basic "Outland you're out, inland you're in." but I have read that I can be in Canada with my family and still apply on OUTLAND basis.
Yes you can, on a valid visitor visa. It's what I did.

Amra A

Mar 13, 2018
In that case can I do all necessary medical and other requirements in Canada or should I do them in Bosnia e.i. Vienna since Bosnia does not have Canadian consulate or embassy?
Did you apply for visa extension form Canada and did you have to leave the country and enter again?

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Can't you just apply now (outland) as I thought Canadian citizens could still sponsor for PR even if not living in Canada. Quicker you apply quicker you will get PR.

Amra A

Mar 13, 2018
I was just reading and thinking about that.
My only problem is that my husband still doesn't have a job in Canada.
But still, I can prepare everything else.
Thanks so much, I will keep you updated :)

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I was just reading and thinking about that.
My only problem is that my husband still doesn't have a job in Canada.
But still, I can prepare everything else.
Thanks so much, I will keep you updated :)
Why does he have to have a job in Canada

Amra A

Mar 13, 2018
Isn't that one of the requirements?
I know there is no income minimum but still he has to prove that he will provide for me/us?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Isn't that one of the requirements?
I know there is no income minimum but still he has to prove that he will provide for me/us?
Correct, I was asking more so in the sense if you applied outland from where you are now - he could have a job in the country you're residing.

Reactions: Amra A

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Provided you have a 'plan' for how you will provide for yourselves upon arrival it is not necessary that he have a job in Canada. He only needs to show proof that he intends to relocate. His current job searches and emails or any communications you both have had for inside Canada can help to prove this. Also and leg work you have done thus far to locate a place to live or any contact you've made with local schools for enrolling your children upon arrival help to prove this.

Even if he gets his job and you move after you've submitted an application it won't be an issue. You would only need to update CIC of your new address in Canada and they will continue with the application.