+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Post Graduate Work Permit (IELTS and Bank Statement)

Kollina

Dec 15, 2017
Hi everyone.

I was originally a student in Quebec for one year where I pursued my graduate studies. I had to return back home last August and I'm currently applying for a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) from outside Canada.

When I was filling in the PGWP application, I noticed that it was very identical to the one tailored for the Study Permit Visa. There are particularly two fields where I'm asked to fill in my expected spending for my stay in Canada and whether or not I maintain an IELTS exam results. Do I have to provide bank statements and a copy of my IELTS exam? Also, the academic IELTS exam that I made for my University expired. Do I need to take a new exam to apply for the PGWP?

Thanks in advance.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi everyone.

I was originally a student in Quebec for one year where I pursued my graduate studies. I had to return back home last August and I'm currently applying for a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) from outside Canada.

When I was filling in the PGWP application, I noticed that it was very identical to the one tailored for the Study Permit Visa. There are particularly two fields where I'm asked to fill in my expected spending for my stay in Canada and whether or not I maintain an IELTS exam results. Do I have to provide bank statements and a copy of my IELTS exam? Also, the academic IELTS exam that I made for my University expired. Do I need to take a new exam to apply for the PGWP?

Thanks in advance.
Are you filling the correct application form? Is the PGWP application form for those applying from within Canada different from that of those applying from outside Canada? What is the name of the form you are filling out? is it Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker? If Yes....
1) Are you referring to the Language section, No. 1d question: Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency.....? If yes just select the answer that applies to you. Yes/No.
2) Details of Intended work in Canada Section, No. 5 question: Duration of expected employment?

No, you do not need to take IELTS for PGWP and for the duration you can fill in how many years you expect to be given or just leave it blank.
Here is a guide https://students.ubc.ca/career/career-resources/working-canada/post-graduation-work-permit/tutorial-apply-post-graduation-work-permit-within-canada-application-form

Reactions: Kollina

Kollina

Dec 15, 2017
Are you filling the correct application form? Is the PGWP application form for those applying from within Canada different from that of those applying from outside Canada? What is the name of the form you are filling out? is it Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker? If Yes....
1) Are you referring to the Language section, No. 1d question: Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency.....? If yes just select the answer that applies to you. Yes/No.
2) Details of Intended work in Canada Section, No. 5 question: Duration of expected employment?

No, you do not need to take IELTS for PGWP and for the duration you can fill in how many years you expect to be given or just leave it blank.
Here is a guide https://students.ubc.ca/career/career-resources/working-canada/post-graduation-work-permit/tutorial-apply-post-graduation-work-permit-within-canada-application-form
Hi thanks a lot for your reply. You’re correct, the expenses section does not exist and apparently i was filling a wrong application. But as for the english test, I already took it before applying to university but it has expired. I don’t know if in this case i need to say (no) in the answer or not.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi thanks a lot for your reply. You’re correct, the expenses section does not exist and apparently i was filling a wrong application. But as for the english test, I already took it before applying to university but it has expired. I don’t know if in this case i need to say (no) in the answer or not.
The question isn't specific but general. You should put yes because you took it at a point. But you do not need to upload the document in your application. It is generally not required for PGWP.

Kollina

Dec 15, 2017
The question isn't specific but general. You should put yes because you took it at a point. But you do not need to upload the document in your application. It is generally not required for PGWP.
Thanks co2020. Last question if you don't mind. In the application section where it asks "What type of work permit you're applying for?" I should select "Open work permit" right? I don't have a job offer..

co2020

May 31, 2020
Thanks co2020. Last question if you don't mind. In the application section where it asks "What type of work permit you're applying for?" I should select "Open work permit" right? I don't have a job offer..
No. You have to select the application you are applying for which is Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP).

PGWP doesn't require a job offer.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Applying for a post-graduation work permit from outside Canada
If you graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution and are applying for a post-graduation work permit from outside Canada, you must indicate this on your Application form for a work permit made from outside Canada (IMM 1295):
In the section “Details of intended work in Canada”:
  • Question 1: Choose “Open Work Permit”
  • Question 2a (Name of employer): Write “Post Graduate Work Permit”
You have up to 180 days after you receive confirmation from your school that you have completed your study program to apply for a work permit. This confirmation could be a degree, diploma, transcript or official letter from your school.
Make sure you submit proof that you have completed all the requirements of your program of study (final transcript and a letter from the institution or formal notice of graduation).
Note: To be eligible, your study permit must have been valid at some point during these 180 days.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5487-applying-work-permit-outside-canada.html

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Do I have to provide bank statements and a copy of my IELTS exam? Also, the academic IELTS exam that I made for my University expired. Do I need to take a new exam to apply for the PGWP?

Thanks in advance.
No need for IELTS or bank statement.
This is a sample I made using my account, for a PGWP from outside Canada.