+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for M. Engg. in ECE (Canadian Universities for FALL 2018)

sonakshi123

Dec 22, 2017
Hi all,

Below is my profile:

B.E. : Cgpa 7.0 (65%)
12th : 86%
10th : 89%
Toefl : 112/120
Gre : 308/340

Work Experience: 3 months internship
Extra curricular activities : badminton and basketball college teams, worked in college fests, etc.

Universities targeting :
University of British Columbia
University of Manitoba
University of Ottawa
University of Western Ontario (Western University)

Can anyone please tell me if I stand a chance to get into them?
Any other universities I should apply to?

Please reply as soon as possible. Your response would be of great help.

Ruh_prain

Dec 20, 2017
You might have chance in University of Ottawa. I have seen people getting admission in Western Ontario with 68%. They will take interview. Give a good one.
Apply to university of windsor also.

sonakshi123

Dec 22, 2017
You might have chance in University of Ottawa. I have seen people getting admission in Western Ontario with 68%. They will take interview. Give a good one.
Apply to university of windsor also.
Were they for MEng? Because I've heard they take low cgpas for MASc with research exp and all..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would target some other universities. Due to the increase in international applicants I think it may be a challenge getting in with your GPA.

sonakshi123

Dec 22, 2017
Not sure who offers that masters. If you list them I will point out ones that might be possible.
University of Concordia
University of Manitoba
UBC / Alberta/ McGill / Waterloo (which are out of my reach)
University of Victoria
University of Calgary
University of Ottawa
Dalhousie University
Ryerson
Windsor University
Western University

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Windsor, Concordia, Manitoba, Victoria

Don't know much about Dalhousie engineering program. Would also look at UNB or Memorial if they have a program.

You have still listed the major universities. I would look at the less popular universities like Trent, Brock, Lakehead, Univeristy if Cape Breton, etc Not sure which ones have the M Eng.

sonakshi123

Dec 22, 2017

Don't know much about Dalhousie engineering program. Would also look at UNB or Memorial if they have a program.

You have still listed the major universities. I would look at the less popular universities like Trent, Brock, Lakehead, Univeristy if Cape Breton, etc Not sure which ones have the M Eng.
Yea..Lakehead has my program but it's not a very good university..

sonakshi123

Dec 22, 2017

MEng can be of 2 years so can I change into a better ranked university after first year of my program?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately with your marks you will have a hard time getting into the universities you listed. I would find applicants who got accepted this year and ask what kind of average they had. I know I helped people who had been on a waiting list and they had marks in the 70s.

Reactions: sonakshi123

sonakshi123

Dec 22, 2017
Unfortunately with your marks you will have a hard time getting into the universities you listed. I would find applicants who got accepted this year and ask what kind of average they had. I know I helped people who had been on a waiting list and they had marks in the 70s.
Okay..please do! Thank you so much for your help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately universities will most like ignore the diploma marks and still look at your university marks. I would ask around to see what the entrance average was for people on this forum who l got accepted for the winter term and then assess where you should apply. If your goal is to get PGWP then it really doesn't matter where you apply as long as it is reasonable school.

Reactions: sonakshi123