+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Extension Refused -- help!

lgtaylor1992

Jan 11, 2018
My husband has a TRV and has b3en permitted to work at a church in Canada since 2012. He has applied for an extension every 2 years since then. We got married in 2015 and we both applied for an extension in 2016 and it was appeoved. We just recently applied for an extension again, one month before our status expired, and we got word back that our applications have been refused.

Here's their reasons:
(On my husband's letter)
[X] to be eligible to work on a visitor record, persons in your situation must submit a current letter of employment (which we did!)

[X] we also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status will expire on May 18 (today. Which is when we received this letter. Also on his actual immigration paperwork, the date of expiry is may 28)

Mine just says it was refused because I do not satisfy their requirements. (Mine expires a week later than my husband's though. Mine is basically a TRV without any work permit).

Our question is can we reapply today? We live near the border. Should we just exit and reenter? If we choose to reapply, do we need to ask for restoration? Why did they make my husband's expire the same day that they notified us??

May 30, 2018
My husband has a TRV and has b3en permitted to work at a church in Canada since 2012. He has applied for an extension every 2 years since then. We got married in 2015 and we both applied for an extension in 2016 and it was appeoved. We just recently applied for an extension again, one month before our status expired, and we got word back that our applications have been refused.

Here's their reasons:
(On my husband's letter)
[X] to be eligible to work on a visitor record, persons in your situation must submit a current letter of employment (which we did!)

[X] we also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status will expire on May 18 (today. Which is when we received this letter. Also on his actual immigration paperwork, the date of expiry is may 28)

Mine just says it was refused because I do not satisfy their requirements. (Mine expires a week later than my husband's though. Mine is basically a TRV without any work permit).

Our question is can we reapply today? We live near the border. Should we just exit and reenter? If we choose to reapply, do we need to ask for restoration? Why did they make my husband's expire the same day that they notified us??
Hi, I am in Kinda same situation like yours. Just want to ask Did crossing border and re-entering worked out for you ? please help.

congraservices

May 25, 2018
Hi there,
you have 2 options:
1. Re-apply online. You can apply for restoration of status and a new work permit or visitor status etc... As log as you are not out of status over 90 days, you can still re-apply online for any visa type
2. Go to the border and reapply. You can also reapply at the border at any time as long as you are not out of status over 90 days.

Every refused visa that is processed after the original permit expires has an expiry date of the refusal day. This is common and is not an issue. All the best in your situation.

lgtaylor1992

Jan 11, 2018
Hi, I am in Kinda same situation like yours. Just want to ask Did crossing border and re-entering worked out for you ? please help.

Hi @IndiaCanadaSSM
We did go to the border and reentered. The border guard approved our extension because we had everything needed to reapply. We think they just missed our employment letter when we applied online. If you do apply in person at the border, just print and bring everything you needed to apply online. :)

May 30, 2018
Hi @IndiaCanadaSSM
We did go to the border and reentered. The border guard approved our extension because we had everything needed to reapply. We think they just missed our employment letter when we applied online. If you do apply in person at the border, just print and bring everything you needed to apply online. :)
Thank you so much for information. It is helpful.