+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Extension delay, withdraw and reapply?

funkie4cristo

Mar 10, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Affidavit sent
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
07/04/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Applic.
Med's Request
23/06/2015
Med's Done....
24/06/2015
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
September 29, 2015
Hello,

I have seen some of your replies on this forum and i find them on point. I would appreciate your advice on my case. I've been in Canada on a visitor's visa since mid June (3 months ago). I was to stay for 1 month, but i got a clergy job offer, a 2 year contract starting from 21 September. Since its an LMO/work permit-exempt category (clergy - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-nopermit.asp ), on 17 July i submitted an online application to apply for extension of stay as a visitor and included my appointment letter, proof of funds and other supporting docs, and submitted my hubby's application for open work permit based on my authorization to work here, if approved. They sent a request for biometrics for hubby to our CIC account and my hubby took the request to Lagos and they took his biometrics, and our CIC acct showed that his biometrics have been received.

After the normal processing time i called CIC and i was told that they're requesting entry stamps for my hubby, but i told them my hubby is outside Canada as indicated in his application, so the lady told me that his application was entered as "in Canada", so to avoid been seen as misrepresentation, I should send a letter to Ottawa to explain and tell them that i wish to withdraw my hubby's application since it was wrong entered and ask them to proceed with mine. So i couriered the letter to Ottawa 26 Aug.

Apparently they had created a separate file for him which is being processed outside in Lagos, as the CIC call centre agents told me that we have separate applications and they can tell me nothing about my husband's application because its being processed outside. Well, I know we might have to reapply for his OWP after i get my approval.

The CIC call centre said they've sent a message to Ottawa to act on my application and there's nothing more they can do. Well, i have heard nothing from them since then, the processing days is now 10 days, yet I have waited for over 2 months.

I intend to withdraw my application and reapply without my husband's application. But my passport is now valid for less than 6 months, so i intend to go to Ottawa to have a new passport re-issued, then i can reapply for extension with my new passport. My application was done online.

My question is:
1. Do you think this is the right thing to do?
2. How long does it take to withdraw? If i withdraw and reapply with a new passport
will it suggest any inconsistency or compromise my application in anyway?
3. I intend to include a letter explaining that i had withdrawn because of the
misunderstanding and decided to reapply afresh, is this ok?
4. what else do I need to include in the letter of explanation?
5. Should we just hold on regarding my hubby's application and if they approve mine,
can we still send in the approval, hoping the visa office can still approve his spousal
open work permit based on my authorization to work in Canada? or should we just
withdraw his too without waiting for a decision and apply for him afresh?

I am sorry my case is kinda complicated. I would appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks in advance.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Extension Application overdue, withdrawal to reapply

funkie4cristo said:
Hello,

My question is:
1. Do you think this is the right thing to do?
2. How long does it take to withdraw? If i withdraw and reapply with a new passport will it suggest any inconsistency or compromise my application in anyway?
3. I intend to include a letter explaining that i had withdrawn because of the misunderstanding and decided to reapply afresh, is this ok?
4. what else do I need to include in the letter of explanation?
5. Should we just hold on regarding my hubby's application and if they approve mine, can we still send in the approval, hoping the visa office can still approve his spousal open work permit based on my authorization to work in Canada? or should we just withdraw his too without waiting for a decision and apply for him afresh?

I am sorry my case is kinda complicated. I would appreciate your prompt response. Thanks.
Just to mention that it might be a good idea to apply online next time as online applications do get treated a lot faster. Simply go to:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp

To further support this, click on the link below to see the different processing times:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

funkie4cristo

Mar 10, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Affidavit sent
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
07/04/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Applic.
Med's Request
23/06/2015
Med's Done....
24/06/2015
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
September 29, 2015

Hi,

thanks for your reply, but my application was online and the current processing times is 10 days for online applications. I applied since 17 July.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

funkie4cristo said:
Hi,

thanks for your reply, but my application was online and the current processing times is 10 days for online applications. I applied since 17 July.
What does the status says online?

funkie4cristo

Mar 10, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Affidavit sent
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
07/04/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Applic.
Med's Request
23/06/2015
Med's Done....
24/06/2015
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
September 29, 2015

PTJ said:
What does the status says online?
Thanks. my CIC account has not received any update for over a month now. there is no other way to check status but to ask CIC call centre agents, they said its in processing that they sent a message to Ottawa about it weeks ago and they can't do anything else if they haven't heard from Ottawa. Case specific enquiry says the application was received and being processed. People that applied for the same extension long after me have had their application processed and have gotten their response. it just appears they've tossed it aside and they have forgotten. The processing times now is 10 days and they are now working on applications received 25 Aug, mine was sent in online 17 July.

i don't know if obtaining a new passport, withdrawing and reapplying would be the way to go.

funkie4cristo

Mar 10, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Affidavit sent
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
07/04/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Applic.
Med's Request
23/06/2015
Med's Done....
24/06/2015
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
September 29, 2015

Please I am waiting for more responses so I can know how to proceed.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

funkie4cristo said:
Please I am waiting for more responses so I can know how to proceed.
Sorry I didn't reply to this since then...what's the update on your case now? I'm hoping its all sorted?

gs2016

Apr 7, 2016
Hi funkie4cristo,

Sorry for replying to a very old post.

I will be applying for my WP extension soon and wondering if it is a good idea to include OWP application for my spouse in the same online application, or to submit it separately. My spouse is outside Canada (has no status in Canada currently) and I am in Canada on work permit.

Based on your experience would you suggest including spouse in same online application or do it separately.

Guru.