+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for COPR ongoing, can I visit Canada on eta?

Pioneerboy

Jun 6, 2019
I am Canadian citizen and am family sponsoring PR for my wife who is from eta country (no visa needed to enter Canada).

After 8 months , she has now received request to submit photos to prepare COPR letter within 30 days , however we have trip planned to visits Canada for one week next month.

Can she enter Canada as temporary visitor?
Does this risk issuing of COPR letter (it states on notification that the COPR letter can take up to 90 days to be processed)?

Called CIC helpline and they advised I email the regional immigration office that issued the notification to inform them of the situation and confirm their advice. I am thinking to ask them to issue the COPR after we return from our visit to avoid any trouble and to prepare evidence (such as return one week ticket)

Our plan is not to land immediately but sometime next year

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am Canadian citizen and am family sponsoring PR for my wife who is from eta country (no visa needed to enter Canada).

After 8 months , she has now received request to submit photos to prepare COPR letter within 30 days , however we have trip planned to visits Canada for one week next month.

Can she enter Canada as temporary visitor?
Does this risk issuing of COPR letter (it states on notification that the COPR letter can take up to 90 days to be processed)?

Called CIC helpline and they advised I email the regional immigration office that issued the notification to inform them of the situation and confirm their advice. I am thinking to ask them to issue the COPR after we return from our visit to avoid any trouble and to prepare evidence (such as return one week ticket)

Our plan is not to land immediately but sometime next year
Ignore the Call Centre. You don't need to contact anyone. She is fine to travel to Canada and it will not affect the COPR process.