+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Citizenship while RTD application is still under processing

hb8895

May 9, 2022
Hello Guys,

I applied for Refugee Travel Document (RTD) more than a year ago. Six months ago I sent a webform to know why it’s taking so long, IRCC informed me that my application has been registered with the system so it can be processed anytime. But they still have not processed the RTD yet.

However, RTD is not so important to anymore as I am going to apply for citizenship in two months. Now my question, as the application for RTD is still under process, will it make any complications to my citizenship application? Or, it’s better to withdraw RTD application before submitting citizenship application?

Your valuable information is highly appreciated. Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,

I applied for Refugee Travel Document (RTD) more than a year ago. Six months ago I sent a webform to know why it’s taking so long, IRCC informed me that my application has been registered with the system so it can be processed anytime. But they still have not processed the RTD yet.

However, RTD is not so important to anymore as I am going to apply for citizenship in two months. Now my question, as the application for RTD is still under process, will it make any complications to my citizenship application? Or, it’s better to withdraw RTD application before submitting citizenship application?

Your valuable information is highly appreciated. Thanks!
There is no need to withdraw the RTD. They are separate applications and this will not impact citizenship. I would leave the RTD processing since citizenship takes a while.