+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for a Study Permit.Questions about education, employment and money

kasamb

Jan 4, 2014
Hello,

Could you please answer a couple of questions more?

1. Question "Have you had any post secondary education (including university, college or apprenticeship training)?
Should I mention the university, I am currently studying at or only if I've already graduated from any?

2. Section "Employment"

Should I mention here only my jobs, although it stands "Activity/Occupation"?

3. The financial information to the letter of acceptance stands, that the estimated cost for the academic year is 21,712 CAD (including tuition fees in the amount of 9200 CAD ) plus Books and school supplies will cost approx. 1000-1200 CAD (2semesters) plus Students should plan to bring additional funding for clothing, entertainment, transportation, dining out and other miscellaneous purchases.
I could have 23600 CAD. Would it be enough or could they refuse my application, as it is not enough?
Then how much should I have at least?

Thanks in advance

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMHO you should show the university but explain in SOP that you have not graduated yet.

Employment is about jobs.

For 1 year program you have to have tuition 9200+1200 (books) + 10 000 for living expenses + funds for return tickets.

spycyhrtforu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
SOP stands for statement of purpose. Its a statement that you write to show your intentions to study in Canada. Its like an essay with a few paragraphs about you, what you do, why do you want to study in canada and why that particular course. Google it and you will get an idea.

kasamb

Jan 4, 2014
hmm, to be honest, I didn't think, I would have to write the SOP, as it stands as an optional document and rather for those, who don't really need a Study Permit.

yags

May 3, 2014
hey guys
i applied for my visa in march for business marketing for may intake
i got 64% in 10th, 58% in 12th and 7 bands overall in ielts
it got rejected with the reason dat your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications,previous studies,employment,level of establishment,language abilities,or your future prospects or plans
i had commerce in 12th wich is same for business
i am again applying for september intake with the same case
just the college has been changed bt the course is same
there is no financial problem and dis gym as it is going to be applied under general, i can show property also
is there any lack in my profile that i got a rejection?
if yes please help me as it is needed

what are my chances this time???

kasamb

Jan 4, 2014
yags said:
hmm, then I don't understand, why I can't find any requirements of a proof of my English language skills in my online-application.

yags

May 3, 2014
kasamb said:
hmm, then I don't understand, why I can't find any requirements of a proof of my English language skills in my online-application.
bro i asked fr ur help and u are saying smthn else

dok

Apr 20, 2014
kasamb said:
Hello,

Could you please answer a couple of questions more?

1. Question "Have you had any post secondary education (including university, college or apprenticeship training)?
Should I mention the university, I am currently studying at or only if I've already graduated from any? ANSWER YES AND MENTION YOUR CURRENT UNIVERSITY

2. Section "Employment"

Should I mention here only my jobs, although it stands "Activity/Occupation"? HERE FOR YOUR CURRENT ACTIVITY/JOB, WRITE 'STUDYING' AND THE NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY AND WHEN YOU'RE COMPLETING. THEN YOU CAN ADD ANY JOBS/INTERNSHIPS YOU'VE HAD.

3. The financial information to the letter of acceptance stands, that the estimated cost for the academic year is 21,712 CAD (including tuition fees in the amount of 9200 CAD ) plus Books and school supplies will cost approx. 1000-1200 CAD (2semesters) plus Students should plan to bring additional funding for clothing, entertainment, transportation, dining out and other miscellaneous purchases.
I could have 23600 CAD. Would it be enough or could they refuse my application, as it is not enough?
Then how much should I have at least? FOR THE PART FOR TUITION WRITE '9200 CAD', LIVING EXPENSE AND OTHER COST '12,512 CAD'. IN ALL YOU SHOULD HAVE 21,712 CAD (note that this's can be an overestimate and depending on your lifestyle the amount can be lower). SO 23600 CAD IS ENOUGH. YOU NEED NOT TO PROVE THAT YOU'VE MONEY FOR YOUR RETURN TICKET. BUT APART FROM THIS AMOUNT 23,600 CAD, YOU SHOULD PROVIDE FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS THAT GARANTEES CONTINUOUS FUND AFTER YOUR FIRST ACADEMIC YEAR AND THAT YOU'LL STILL HAVE SOME FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR STUDIES AND RETURN SHOULD YOUR COURSE EXCEED ONE YEAR. NORMALLY SHOWING PARENTS'/SPONSORS' PAY SLIPS OR BANK STATEMENTS OR LIQUID ASSETS IS ENOUGH.

Thanks in advance

dok

Apr 20, 2014
yags said:
hey guys
i applied for my visa in march for business marketing for may intake
it got rejected with the reason dat your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications,previous studies,employment,level of establishment,language abilities,or your future prospects or plans
i had commerce in 12th wich is same for business
i am again applying for september intake with the same case
just the college has been changed bt the course is same
there is no financial problem and dis gym as it is going to be applied under general, i can show property also
is there any lack in my profile that i got a rejection?
if yes please help me as it is needed

what are my chances this time???
Why do you want to pursue business marketing? If you've clear reasons then submit your application under the general and add letter of intent or Statement of Purpose (SOP). Visa officers may consider that some programs do not warrant visa, especially if the applicant's country has good institutions with those programs. So you need to explain to the visa officer why you want to pursue this program, its connection with your previous study and employment, your future plans and why in a particular college in Canada and Canada per se, how the program will increase your employability in your own country and what will compel you to return back to your home country after your studies. These will help the visa officer understands your intentions and know more about you. I hope that will solve your issue, a such everything is fine with your qualifications so far as you've a letter of acceptance. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATION.

kasamb

Jan 4, 2014
kasamb said:
hmm, to be honest, I didn't think, I would have to write the SOP, as it stands as an optional document and rather for those, who don't really need a Study Permit.
oh, sorry, there is no SOP even among optional documents, but there is a letter of explanation, which according to this information http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc4 should be submitted, if you don't need a Study Permit. So, it's not my case.
So, how could I submit a SOP, if there isn't this document in my document checklist, If I apply online?

yags

May 3, 2014
dok said:
Why do you want to pursue business marketing? If you've clear reasons then submit your application under the general and add letter of intent or Statement of Purpose (SOP). Visa officers may consider that some programs do not warrant visa, especially if the applicant's country has good institutions with those programs. So you need to explain to the visa officer why you want to pursue this program, its connection with your previous study and employment, your future plans and why in a particular college in Canada and Canada per se, how the program will increase your employability in your own country and what will compel you to return back to your home country after your studies. These will help the visa officer understands your intentions and know more about you. I hope that will solve your issue, a such everything is fine with your qualifications so far as you've a letter of acceptance. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
Thks n i wanna do business marketing coz commerce background people cn only go fr buiness n nthn else

dok

Apr 20, 2014
kasamb said:
oh, sorry, there is no SOP even among optional documents, but there is a letter of explanation, which according to this information http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc4 should be submitted, if you don't need a Study Permit. So, it's not my case.
So, how could I submit a SOP, if there isn't this document in my document checklist, If I apply online?
In you apply online, attach the SOP at the place for additional documents. If you have other documents too like academic documents, make them one file (beginning with the SOP). Adding SOP is not compulsory and not restricted to only those who don't need study permit for courses less than 6 months. If you think you've something to tell the VISA OFFICER, then add it.