+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application fee declined!!!

Mar 21, 2024
I am currently in the process of applying for a study permit through the IRCC portal from Ghana. I have completed all the necessary forms and documentation required for the application. However, I am encountering an issue when attempting to pay the application fee. Despite trying with multiple cards, the payment continues to decline. I have already contacted my bank, and they have assured me that there are no issues with my account or cards that would prevent the transaction from going through. Can anybody help out???

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So this is for a Masters/PhD? If not, you have provincial letter of attestation? What type of credit card - name? Debit - type?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have tried it now with 3 cc
What types? Just Visa? Have you talked to the CC company directly not the bank? Is there anyone in Canada that can pay your fee if you don’t hear back from IRCC. Since applying from Ghana, IRCC and visa/MC may be blocking so need both parties on board. I get this even in Canada, and have to contact CC company to tell them I am making a payment and to process. Tell them it is not a scam.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024
What types? Just Visa? Have you talked to the CC company directly not the bank? Is there anyone in Canada that can pay your fee if you don’t hear back from IRCC. Since applying from Ghana, IRCC and visa/MC may be blocking so need both parties on board. I get this even in Canada, and have to contact CC company to tell them I am making a payment and to process. Tell them it is not a scam.
I will contact the credit card company.