+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Delivered NOVEMBER but NO pre-AOR or BIOMETRICS reminder

PL-Brazil

Mar 9, 2021
Hi Everyone,

My application for inland spousal sponsorship was delivered on November 2nd to the Mississauga CPC.

So far I have not received ANY communication from them. I have called multiple times and they have no record of anything. My payment receipt is found by them but the status is still 'funds available'.

I was wondering if anyone else has not received ANY communication from CIC after several months? I see people who applied in February who already have a pre-AOR or bio-reminder.

Thanks and good luck to us all.

Reactions: soccer_007

dingledorf

Oct 2, 2020
Did you ask for your temporary file number? They should be able to provide that and if not then there's something wrong.

PL-Brazil

Mar 9, 2021
Did you ask for your temporary file number? They should be able to provide that and if not then there's something wrong.
There's no temporary file number for them to provide, as they haven't even opened the package. What makes you say there is definitely something wrong? What they tell me is that it's in the mail room somewhere.

dingledorf

Oct 2, 2020
There's no temporary file number for them to provide, as they haven't even opened the package. What makes you say there is definitely something wrong? What they tell me is that it's in the mail room somewhere.
Here is a spreadsheet people are filling in. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1875380789. November applicants received their reminders / temporary file numbers in December. The fact they have not even opened your package yet is alarming. I'm not sure what you can do here, but it could even be lost, maybe try to request a return? You technically wouldn't be losing your spot cause they haven't opened your package yet.

PL-Brazil

Mar 9, 2021
I'm aware of the spreadsheet and how my case is definitely an alarming outlier.

What do you mean request a return?