+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application delayed due to secondary security checks

airfan

Mar 26, 2018
Hi, I would like to get feedback and suggestions please.

I am a Pakistani National residing and working in the United Arab Emirates for the last 10+ years and received the ITA for FSW in May 2017 and subsequently submitted all required documents in August 2017 through a registered attorney (with in the stipulated 3 months’ time).

As of today, almost 11 months have passed and my case has been referred for "secondary security checks". I would like to know what this is and in what circumstances cases are referred for this. I would also like to know if anyone has faced the same situation and how much more time it will take for my case to be cleared.

Our medical was done on 8th July 2017 and i have heard that the results are valid for a period of 1 year. Are we required to conduct the medical exam upon expiry directly or should we wait for the authorities to instruct us to do the same.

My attorney has requested for the GCMS notes already but we are yet to receive them. Dont know how useful these will be to understand the situation of my case.

If there is a whatsapp/ telegram group to discuss such matters please do let me know so that i can join.

Look forward to suggestions/ feedback.
Regards