+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application change from Skilled Worker Class to Provincial Nominee Program?

chrisf

Jun 24, 2006
Hi

I applied for immigration to Canada in March 2006 under the Skilled Worker Class. Having looked at my visa office's (London, UK) average waiting times now realise this could take up to 4 years! Unfortunately, I've now discovered that I qualify under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program, which is also where I would like to settle, which has a much faster application process. Do you know whether I could change my application without incurring any financial penalty? I know that I could apply now for the Provincial Nominee Program separately but I would have to pay the associated fees again which I would rather avoid doing!

I would be very grateful for any help or advice anybody could offer.

Cheers
Chris

kasal

Dec 3, 2006
I think you just need to apply for withdrawal to the Canadian High Commission and then reapply after getting your provincial nomination. You may not incur losses easpecially if action has not been taken on your file!

Mayor

Apr 5, 2007
Hi Chris,

I had similar experience here in Africa. I simply withdrew my federal application after 9 months from Accra Office and then applied for Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program. As i write you now within 11 months i had concluded my medicals waiting for my Visa.
I did not incure double processing fee as such you may not incure double fee. You can write UK office for clarifications before you start the Provincial program. That is exactly what i did too in my case

Good Luck

Mayor
Nigeria
Hi

I applied for immigration to Canada in March 2006 under the Skilled Worker Class. Having looked at my visa office's (London, UK) average waiting times now realise this could take up to 4 years! Unfortunately, I've now discovered that I qualify under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program, which is also where I would like to settle, which has a much faster application process. Do you know whether I could change my application without incurring any financial penalty? I know that I could apply now for the Provincial Nominee Program separately but I would have to pay the associated fees again which I would rather avoid doing!

Cheers
Chris

[/quote]

fathertee

Star Member
May 25, 2006
Hello Mayor, im a Nija guy like you. i submitted my application in September 2004. i am tired of waiting. can u pls give me some tips on how to go about it?
I am an Accountant with over 10yrs of experience. i want to know if i qualify,and if so, will you advice that i withdraw my application?
Hope to hear from u soonest.

teresa

Mar 23, 2007
hi there this is teresa, i just read your concern, yes it is true you can withdraw your aplication as along as the canadian embassy did not ask any information about your application, you must withdraw your application if you already receive your provincial nominee certificate coming from the PNP in canada, i hope that will help also,

Lemuel

Nov 13, 2007
Hi Chris,

How's your application?Did you withdraw your your Federal Skilled Application?
How long it took you to withdraw it?
We have a similar situation and I dont know how to start.
to guys out there please advice me regarding whats my first step to do.

Thanks

chrisf said:
Hi

Cheers
Chris

wjd7359

Mar 8, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
3111, 3112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jul 2006
Doc's Request.
9 Sep 2010
IELTS Request
9 Sep 2010
File Transfer...
26 Apr 2010
Med's Request
4 Dec 2012
Med's Done....
11 Dec 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25 Apr 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16 May 2013
LANDED..........
13 Oct 2013
hi there
i see that most of PNP need job offer, i am a doctor, psychiatrist, can someone advise me on how to find a job offer in Alberta or any other province supporting PNP?
thanx in advance