+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Cancelled?

reason1228

Mar 24, 2017
Sad day :-[ :-[ :-[. I checked my application and it was cancelled. There is no new message from My CIC to explain why it was cancelled. The only doc required is Hong Kong police cert on Apr 21, 2017 and it has 60 days to do it. No more else. I have Canadian degree and only travel between my home country and Canada.

I read all the topics from the forum and it seems to me pretty much all of them get a message from the system to explain the reason. So the only way to figure it out is sending CSE? How long does it take to get respond?

Thank you all!!!!

Sara92

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Edmotnon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Response may vary, I used 2 times and took up to 30 days to respond. Try to call an agent and ask i hope they cancelled by mistake and can fix this.

Reactions: TyrionStark

reason1228

Mar 24, 2017
thank you. Do we always get a message that says the reason of cancellation in CIC account?

Another thing is I can still access my application and go to upload the PCC they required by June 21, 2017? Is that normal?

And on the front page that listing all the application you have made in the past, the details section says "Your Action Is Required"(which changed to this on Apr 21 as they need Hong Kong PCC) instead of Cancelled. Is that wired?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
reason1228 said:
AOR Apr 3
Med Pass Apr 21
PCC required Apr 21
Cancelled? Apr 29
still no new message from CIC account
Please keep us updated with any new info,hopefully they cancelled it by mistake

reason1228

Mar 24, 2017
Well i have already created a new EE and waiting for next draw. I have 445, so most likely I will be picked next time =D.

If i dont get message from my account by monday, I will start calling them probably. Maybe I will send another CSE to them.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
reason1228 said:
Well i have already created a new EE and waiting for next draw. I have 445, so most likely I will be picked next time =D.

If i dont get message from my account by monday, I will start calling them probably. Maybe I will send another CSE to them.
Is is possible to have a new profile while having another application,i mean you are not sure if it was cancelled by mistake or not yet

reason1228

Mar 24, 2017
Wolverine17 said:
Is is possible to have a new profile while having another application,i mean you are not sure if it was cancelled by mistake or not yet
Well, I dont know it's a mistake or not :/. If it is not, from what i have read from the forum, it might take at least 1 month to replied from CSE and another few weeks to reopen the case. Some ppl even said that CIC told them they will reopen but nothing had changed for month.

If there is something missing, I still need to see the cancellation notice in the account which I dont have. I dont want to make same mistake again ::)

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Have you provided an explanation for not submitting Honk Kong PCC and submitted proofs that you have already applied for it while you submitted the application?

reason1228

Mar 24, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
Have you provided an explanation for not submitting Honk Kong PCC and submitted proofs that you have already applied for it while you submitted the application?
Hong Kong PCC requires a letter from CIC to apply after you submit my application. The letter was sent to my account on Apr 21, same date as medical was passed. And I have 60 days to complete that. So it cannot be PCC issue i guess.

I am still waiting for the message in My CIC account to explain the reason but still nothing.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
reason1228 said:
Hong Kong PCC requires a letter from CIC to apply after you submit my application. The letter was sent to my account on Apr 21, same date as medical was passed. And I have 60 days to complete that. So it cannot be PCC issue i guess.

I am still waiting for the message in My CIC account to explain the reason but still nothing.
What else do you think could be the reason? Did your reference letter contain job responsibilities as per noc, was your proof of funds fine or did you have other PCC s?

flyflysophia11

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
30-03- 2017
Passport Req..
11-08-2017
i sugggest to call IRCC call center, the agent would be able to answer the reason for cancellation

reason1228

Mar 24, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
What else do you think could be the reason? Did your reference letter contain job responsibilities as per noc, was your proof of funds fine or did you have other PCC s?
I only need Hong Kong PCC, i stay in US about 2 month for tourism. No other countries.

I have enough money in the bank. I check my NOC and my job duties and I believe they are similar.

I am still waiting for the message in My CIC account but nothing so far.