+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application cancelled

AbbyM

Sep 12, 2015
my application was rejected as incomplete for not showing proof of funds, however i'm presently employed and my application included both my offer & employment letters that stated my salary...
Does anyone know what I could do better in my next application as i'm confused to what i need to provide as proof of funds.

InlandJais

Sep 20, 2015
Buddy u need to provide POF for FSW..Please check the requirements.

Its only CEC applicants who are exempted from POF

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
AbbyM said:
my application was rejected as incomplete for not showing proof of funds, however i'm presently employed and my application included both my offer & employment letters that stated my salary...
Does anyone know what I could do better in my next application as i'm confused to what i need to provide as proof of funds.
Have you read the instructions at all? You were supposed to upload a bank statement with some money ;D

AbbyM

Sep 12, 2015
can someone pls send me the link, because what i saw was bank statement was an option just like employment letter.
If it has to be a bank statement, is there a specific amount required?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
AbbyM said:
The job offer that you are talking about is actually suppose to be a LMIA supported job.
Do you have LMIA? If not then you have to show pof under fsw.

Don't worry you will most likely get another ITA and be careful next time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AbbyM said:
can someone pls send me the link, because what i saw was bank statement was an option just like employment letter.
If it has to be a bank statement, is there a specific amount required?
You should have read through the FSW program requirements more carefully. Assuming you applied as a single individual, you needed to show a bank balance of at least $11,931 to be approved.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

If you don't have an approved LMIA, then you were correctly refused.

AbbyM

Sep 12, 2015
I misunderstood this clause!

"You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada."

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes that applys to already working in canada via an lmia.

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Issue is u need to get an ITA with CEC instead of FSW.

As per updated rule if ur working in CANADA and eligible for CEC, no need to show the funds instead u can get Bank statement for last 6 months and also with ur T4 and NOA docs is enough

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinodram said:
Issue is u need to get an ITA with CEC instead of FSW.

As per updated rule if ur working in CANADA and eligible for CEC, no need to show the funds instead u can get Bank statement for last 6 months and also with ur T4 and NOA docs is enough
They changed the "eligible under" language to read "INVITED under CEC", I suppose to make it clear that if you are invited under FSW you have to show PoF even if you could have been invited under CEC.

maverick85

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
dobes said:
They changed the "eligible under" language to read "INVITED under CEC", I suppose to make it clear that if you are invited under FSW you have to show PoF even if you could have been invited under CEC.
But this rule was updated on 13th Aug.. If he had AOR before that and if he was eligible for CEC then CIC wrongly cancelled his application and he can submit a CSE by giving an explanation about the date of change of this rule..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
maverick85 said:
But this rule was updated on 13th Aug.. If he had AOR before that and if he was eligible for CEC then CIC wrongly cancelled his application and he can submit a CSE by giving an explanation about the date of change of this rule..
CIC didn't change the rule - they just clarified the rule. The rule was the same before August 13th as afterwards. If you are invited under FSW and don't have an LMIA + permanent job offer - you need POF.