+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application cancelled by clear CIC mistake

davesh

Oct 9, 2017
Hi all...
Does anybody know about the speed of paper applications??
My online application was canceled by cic.. and they created another application
But my GCMS notes show that this new application is a paper application
So wanted to understand the speed of paper application
Medicals passed and ADNR stages over for new application

htjam

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
My application was cancelled because it was incomplete as they said the PCC i provided to them does not cover the period of stay.

But the fact is it does cover the period of stay. I raised CSE on dec 2 of cancellation along with all necessary documents and e-apr form pdf which I downloaded before submission.

My AOR is 16 Nov and cancellation date is 29 Nov.

Moreover Ive been trying to reach CIC call center but a pre-recorded message says that we cannot transfer your call because high volume of calls already in place.

Please can someone here help me

Last edited:

dhariti88

May 27, 2017
Hi Friends,

I submitted all my documents on Nov 22 and got a message in my inbox yesterday stating my application is rejected since the biographical page of my husband's passport is missing. I rechecked and confirmed that this was not the case unless they are looking for the cover page of passport with Republic of India logo.

I raised an inquiry using IRCC webform and got a new mail this morning that my application has been updated but I don't see any new messages or updates. How can I know if they have reopened my application and if not, what is the other route to go to have them reconsider the case since their reason of rejection is not valid at all. Any other CIC number I should call on?

htjam

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi Friends,

I submitted all my documents on Nov 22 and got a message in my inbox yesterday stating my application is rejected since the biographical page of my husband's passport is missing. I rechecked and confirmed that this was not the case unless they are looking for the cover page of passport with Republic of India logo.

I raised an inquiry using IRCC webform and got a new mail this morning that my application has been updated but I don't see any new messages or updates. How can I know if they have reopened my application and if not, what is the other route to go to have them reconsider the case since their reason of rejection is not valid at all. Any other CIC number I should call on?
I also received an email on decembrr 1 that my application has been updated but there was no update.. I raised CSE on dec 2 no response yet

benson84

Nov 16, 2017
AOR received on 13 Dec 17 and My Application is cancelled on 20 Dec 17.Still we not receive any pdf file or message for the reason of cancellation. We raised an enquiry to CIC. Anyway planning to create a new profile on today. We don’t know what is the reason.

liaquat85

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
I also got the same thing. the application status is saying your application is Cancelled and there is no message/email/letter stating the reason for the cancellation.

I hope it's their mistake.I have uploaded FBI PCC as I did not have that document with me and I uploaded them later by raising a LoE.

Rosa0808

Nov 16, 2017
Hi Friends,

Did you call them about blank update in your profile? I have the same situation and so worried now.

Rosa0808

Nov 16, 2017
I also got the same thing. the application status is saying your application is Cancelled and there is no message/email/letter stating the reason for the cancellation.

I hope it's their mistake.I have uploaded FBI PCC as I did not have that document with me and I uploaded them later by raising a LoE.
Did they reopen your application? I am thinking if submitting a new application shall be faster.

Mane02

Apr 10, 2018
Thank you for your replies. It is good to know that it is quite a common problem and it can be solved relatively quickly.

We are not sure about raising a separate Case Specific Enquiry because the CIC agent we had on the phone said that she raised an enquiry herself so we would not want to make things more complicated. We are going to keep calling every week or so to check how things are going.

We have also started a new application (following the advice of a second CIC agent we talked to) in case it would take too long to reopen the first application (but if it is usually reopened after one month, it is actually not that long) and we will close it if the first one is reopened.

Good luck with your application Ashkal, fingers crossed it will be reopened soon!
My case is similar to yours. The only difference is that they miscalculated my work ex. I, too, called the helpline and the agent informed me that I don’t need to write a letter for reconsideration as she has already raised an inquiry. She said that I will get an update on my account in the next few days. It has been 2 days already and I still see ‘refused’ as the status.

So I was wondering if you ever did reach out to your visa office or raised a CSE or just practiced the good old art of patience ?

Thanks for your time!

luagraf_1984

Oct 3, 2018
I just had something sort of similar happening to me. I was here on a IEC Working Holiday and they told me if I wanted to extend my stay as a visitor I should apply to extend within Canada for a visitor visa a month beforee my Work Permit expired - so I did! It took 3 months for them to even look at it so I've been worrying away and looking at my application online daily and to my shock I look on Friday and its randomly been cancelled. I sent an enquiry and took 5 hours to get someone on the phone that wasn't an automated message and the guy looked into my case and admitted it was an error their end. They basically looked at my ETA end date instead of my Work Permit end date ( i will refrain from commenting) So they wrongly decided I didn't need one... He said it was unfortunate and he'd also write a message to whoever it is, but advised me to check on Wednesday (today) if I heard no news and to apply again if not. I rang today and they said of course it could take 90 days for them to re-review my application (what! IT was their mistake!) and to reapply. I tried to but realised I can only apply for restoration of status at this point. Which isn't what they told me to do- they said reapply for visitor visa and write comments on to what happened and then ask for a refund. Anyhow I'm confused of what I'm meant to do and now am illegally here due to their mistake! Someone on a FB forum said that she wouldn't normally suggest this but to ask them if I can cross a border and try fix their mistake through them or go somewhere (not sure where this somewhere is).

If anyone has any advice on how I fix their little lovely mistake and not be in my situation I'd be thoroughly thankful!