+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application cancelled and then reopened. question for those in this situaction

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
I logged into MyCIC today to see that my app was reopened. I did not get any message whatsoever. My app status now reads Sudmitted, Medical passed, review in progress.

I now have two active apps as I submitted a second one after having waited for 3months to reopen the first one...

Good news :) wishing you smooth sailing from now on :))

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Thanks. My reopened app just had the status "your action is required", but when I went to check the messages, there were none. I also do not have access to ECAS for this reopened app (I have access to the new one though). Do you have ECAS access for your reopened apps?

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
you wont see any messages.
you meant to open the view the application at the link where you submitted your documents.
there you will see a space to upload a document under letter of explanation.
you are expected to upload a receipt or proof of payment via that space.

all the best
Michal said:
Thanks. My reopened app just had the status "your action is required", but when I went to check the messages, there were none. I also do not have access to ECAS for this reopened app (I have access to the new one though). Do you have ECAS access for your reopened apps?

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have acess to ECAS., but it didn't happen straight away, I think I got it a few weeks after my application status in my cic changed to opened.

I got my GCMS notes, and under reason for closure of my application they have: clerical mistake ( so same reason as yours basically ).

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
tosincci said:
you wont see any messages.
you meant to open the view the application at the link where you submitted your documents.
there you will see a space to upload a document under letter of explanation.
you are expected to upload a receipt or proof of payment via that space.

all the best
And why would I want to provide a proof of payment? My fees were not returned. Besides I went through the whole application and there is no space available to provide any docs + I was not asked to provide any.

yelena said:
I have acess to ECAS., but it didn't happen straight away, I think I got it a few weeks after my application status in my cic changed to opened.

I got my GCMS notes, and under reason for closure of my application they have: clerical mistake ( so same reason as yours basically ).
I don't think I will get ECAS access for this application, as some 3-4 weeks ago I received a message that reads : "Due to a technical difficulty with our e-Client Application Status online service, access to your permanent residence application has been removed. Unfortunately we are unable to restore it."

A "clerical mistake" - how sweet :) I will order GCMS notes once I am done with the process. I am now wondering what to do, as I have two applications active. I would definitely prefer the reopened one to be processed as it was submitted 3months ago already, so I assume this would be the starting point for CIC to count the 6months.

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
since your fees werent returned then you have no problems.

at best send a cse.
Michal said:
And why would I want to provide a proof of payment? My fees were not returned. Besides I went through the whole application and there is no space available to provide any docs + I was not asked to provide any.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
tosincci said:
since your fees werent returned then you have no problems.

at best send a cse.
I am allergic to sending CSE and waiting 30biz days for reply ;)

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
I would definitely prefer the reopened one to be processed as it was submitted 3months ago already, so I assume this would be the starting point for CIC to count the 6months.
than this might be of interest to you: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). It ends when Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) makes a final decision on the application.

this information kind of ruined it for me., as my application was promoted on the 23rd of october, as recorded in my GCMS notes., so yes., I lost those two months to begin with

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
yelena said:
than this might be of interest to you: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). It ends when Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) makes a final decision on the application.

this information kind of ruined it for me., as my application was promoted on the 23rd of october, as recorded in my GCMS notes., so yes., I lost those two months to begin with
I wish I had know that before. I wouldn't have had waited for the app to be reopened. But still - I don't know IF my app was actually cancelled and not processed or it was processed but without ECAS access.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would order GCMS notes if I were you.. there is a big chance you will get them sooner than any real movement happens with your application.

and also you might find plenty of interesting things about how they process applications, including cases when an applicant has two active applications for PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/index.asp?v=post

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
yelena said:
I would order GCMS notes if I were you.. there is a big chance you will get them sooner than any real movement happens with your application.

and also you might find plenty of interesting things about how they process applications, including cases when an applicant has two active applications for PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/index.asp?v=post
How do I go about ordering the GCMS notes? I understand I need a Canadian address? Can you drop me a link to the resources?
And what is the benefit of receiving them? To learn that it was a clerical mistake ? ;)

"cases when an applicant has two active applications for PR." - oh, that is something for me. I cannot locate it in the links. Can you please help me out? Thanks Yelena, and sorry to be taking up your time.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake.asp

Applicants who have multiple applications in process

Processing offices may encounter applicants who submitted an APR prior to the launch of Express Entry (before January 1, 2015) and also submitted an e-APR through the Express Entry system (on or after January 1, 2015).

Foreign nationals may apply for multiple immigration programs at once, as long as they have paid the required cost recovery fees for each program to which they have applied. For example, a foreign national could apply under the CEC if invited to do so through Express Entry, and could also apply under the caring for children class outside of the Express Entry system.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence approved, the applicant must choose the program under which they would like to be granted their permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APRs should be administratively withdrawn and the applicant notified.

I belive this means you can go ahead with both applications at the same time. No harm in that ;)

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
yelena said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake.asp

Applicants who have multiple applications in process

Processing offices may encounter applicants who submitted an APR prior to the launch of Express Entry (before January 1, 2015) and also submitted an e-APR through the Express Entry system (on or after January 1, 2015).

Foreign nationals may apply for multiple immigration programs at once, as long as they have paid the required cost recovery fees for each program to which they have applied. For example, a foreign national could apply under the CEC if invited to do so through Express Entry, and could also apply under the caring for children class outside of the Express Entry system.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence approved, the applicant must choose the program under which they would like to be granted their permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APRs should be administratively withdrawn and the applicant notified.

I belive this means you can go ahead with both applications at the same time. No harm in that ;)
Was there any REAL benefit of ordering the GCMS notes?

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
Was there any REAL benefit of ordering the GCMS notes?

At least one :) my medical is approved regardless of my condition. It states i have a condition that will not create burden on social services, enough to reject me :)

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
yelena said:
At least one :) my medical is approved regardless of my condition. It states i have a condition that will not create burden on social services, enough to reject me :)
Yelena, what does your ECAS say? When did they start processing the application? I got access to ECAS and it says they started processing it back in August. I have two lines - we received your app + we started processing your app. MyCIC says medical passed.

My other application has 4 lines - we received + we sent AOR + we started processing + medical received.