+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application canceled as incomplete

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Hi,

In 2020 I applied for PR and my application was canceled as incomplete (as I did not include my degree certificate), they also rejected to reopen my application when I sent a webform including my certificate.

Regardless, I am now applying again, there is a question says "Has applicant been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

What should I answer to this, yes or no? my application was cancelled, does this considered as refusal? Should I answer yes and include some details? or simple answer no?

Thanks in advance

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,

In 2020 I applied for PR and my application was canceled as incomplete (as I did not include my degree certificate), they also rejected to reopen my application when I sent a webform including my certificate.

Regardless, I am now applying again, there is a question says "Has applicant been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

What should I answer to this, yes or no? my application was cancelled, does this considered as refusal? Should I answer yes and include some details? or simple answer no?

Thanks in advance
NO, that's not a refusal. It was not even assessed because it was incomplete.

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
NO, that's not a refusal. It was not even assessed because it was incomplete.
Thanks. Yes that was cancelation as my application was in complete

I consulted with immigration consultant and he said for safety say yes and then put details (application was deemed incomplete due to not including proof of completed Canadian credential). This honestly does not make sense to me and I am worried it will cause delay when they process my application.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Your previous application was incomplete, not refused.

I consulted with immigration consultant and he said for safety say yes and then put details (application was deemed incomplete due to not including proof of completed Canadian credential). This honestly does not make sense to me and I am worried it will cause delay when they process my application.

Any thought?

Thanks

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

Any thought?

Thanks
Refer to my previous reply.

or you can listen to your consultant. It is your application. Good luck

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
To be safest, say yes and explain. You won't be penalized if this doesn't count as a refusal; if you didn't include it, it would be worse.

Reactions: ZiadPal

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
To be safest, say yes and explain. You won't be penalized if this doesn't count as a refusal; if you didn't include it, it would be worse.
That's a waste of time. It's not necessary. The consultant clearly doesn't know his stuff. This is not a refusal, your application was not even assessed.

You can say yes, but that'd be lying too. You weren't refused, your application was deemed incomplete, not assessed, and cancelled.

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
That's a waste of time. It's not necessary. The consultant clearly doesn't know his stuff. This is not a refusal, your application was not even assessed.

You can say yes, but that'd be lying too. You weren't refused, your application was deemed incomplete, not assessed, and cancelled.
Thanks. This is exactly what I received from IRCC:

"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete."

Any further thoughts?

Thanks

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Makes 100% sense. No harm in including man . Put yes . It will not create any trouble for you.
This is what my IRCC letter says:

"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete."

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

Why does it hurt anything to be safe? It's not going to delay anything for them to say to themselves "no, that's not a refusal," and what if the visa officer gets upset it wasn't mentioned?

I don't get the fact that you're taking offence to a suggestion of providing more info than may be strictly necessary. It won't harm anything.

Reactions: ZiadPal

Dishasingh

Dec 24, 2020
Hi,
I am in same situation, did you raise a webform submitting the missing documents? If so, have you heard back from IRCC?