+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application as PR From Canada, but have to leave Canada after that

msl27582

Jul 28, 2016
Hi. I am a PR since April 2018 and have lived here for more than 2 years. Can I apply for my wifes spousal visa and after sending the application leave Canada till the time her application is finally approved. My plan is to apply by first week of November, then leave Canada in Decemeber, wait till AOR comes and then apply for her tourist visa and then together come back. Will that be allowed or will it be a red flag ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. I am a PR since April 2018 and have lived here for more than 2 years. Can I apply for my wifes spousal visa and after sending the application leave Canada till the time her application is finally approved. My plan is to apply by first week of November, then leave Canada in Decemeber, wait till AOR comes and then apply for her tourist visa and then together come back. Will that be allowed or will it be a red flag ?
If you are a PR, you must be resident in Canada throughout the process. Short trips abroad are allowed. No definition of short trips.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll certainly be at risk for refusal since this will result in you being outside of Canada for several months.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If you want to apply for her tourist visa, why not try now?

She will have stronger tie to home country now vs when she has an active application (with AOR). I don't understand why you want to wait for AOR to apply for TRV.

msl27582

Jul 28, 2016
If you want to apply for her tourist visa, why not try now?

She will have stronger tie to home country now vs when she has an active application (with AOR). I don't understand why you want to wait for AOR to apply for TRV.
Because their have been several cases where they have not issued or rejected the visa. Specially from India. Of course I am getting mixed Reponses, but at this time need to make an informed decision.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Because their have been several cases where they have not issued or rejected the visa. Specially from India. Of course I am getting mixed Reponses, but at this time need to make an informed decision.
Good luck on that then. But regardless, you need to live in Canada as a PR to sponsor a spouse.

Reactions: msl27582