+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application approved - need to send passports and photos

vkutuz

May 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all!

Yesterday we got an approve for issuance of Permanet Residence Visa.

Consulate General of Canada in Los-Angeles asked us to send:

1. Valid passports for myself and for each accompanying dependant.
We are in Canada right now (on study and work permit). We have a baby who is a Canadian citizen.
She is not in our Permanent Residence Application.
Do we need to send our baby passport?

2. Two new passport-sized photographs for each person traveling (see instructions attached).
In the instruction there are 3 different sizes of photos. Really, 3 different sizes typed on 3 different lines:
35x45mm size, 25-30mm from chin to crown
35x45mm size, 25-35mm from chin to crown
and picture: 35x45mm, 31-36mm from chin to crown
As I know a passport photo size should be 50x70mm, 31-36mm from chin to crown.

Which size photos do we need to send?

Thanks a lot!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Don't send your baby passport if she's not in the application. You'll get all the passports back through the mail before you "land," anyway.

Doesn't really matter whether the pictures are perfect. Shoot for 30mm. They're probably going to re-take your photos when you go through immigration.

faribakes

Jul 8, 2010
Best is to take your passport photos including for the baby in Los Angeles in case if they get rejected. A photo place which is called "photo experts" does a great job for canadian passport photo-gray background. The guy guarantees it so if it gets rejected (rarely), he does it for free. My friends and I went through hell to find this out. The place is in West Los Angeles. Call the guy anytime: 310-9033941 or 310-4449000

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Again .. it doesn't matter if the photos are perfect. Immigration will re-take them for you for free right when you go through. So there's no reason to get a "guaranty."