+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application approved for me but in process for kid?

itsnitin

May 19, 2018
Hi, i had applied online and it was a single application for myself, my wife and kid. For me and my wife, we received message few days back that application is approved and we should submit passport but i've not received any such message for the kid and it says application is in progress. is this normal? any suggestions on what can i do? i.e. how to contact and ask this specific question?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, i had applied online and it was a single application for myself, my wife and kid. For me and my wife, we received message few days back that application is approved and we should submit passport but i've not received any such message for the kid and it says application is in progress. is this normal? any suggestions on what can i do? i.e. how to contact and ask this specific question?
This is normal. You must be patient and wait for a decision for your child's application

Reactions: itsnitin

Anna C

Jun 19, 2018
Hi, we are in the same boat. Visa approved for my sister and in process for her 2 kids. How long have you been waiting since your approval? Any response so far?

itsnitin

May 19, 2018
Hi, we are in the same boat. Visa approved for my sister and in process for her 2 kids. How long have you been waiting since your approval? Any response so far?
Hi Anna, I got approval on 13th Jun but not yet for my kid. When did your sister got her approval? looks like this is common as Bryanna mentioned.

JSNS

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Hi Anna, I got approval on 13th Jun but not yet for my kid. When did your sister got her approval? looks like this is common as Bryanna mentioned.
Pls do tell when you get update on your kids application...its been 14 days since our application got refused but nothing for our kid yet..

Anna C

Jun 19, 2018
My sister got approved on June 11th, so far quiet on the kids. We are holding off sending her passport for stamping until we hear on the kids.
Fingers crossed. It's weird that they would separate the applications like that. Majority of supporting paperwork was attached to my sisters application. Let me know, please once you get the response and I will do the same :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My sister got approved on June 11th, so far quiet on the kids. We are holding off sending her passport for stamping until we hear on the kids.
Fingers crossed. It's weird that they would separate the applications like that. Majority of supporting paperwork was attached to my sisters application. Let me know, please once you get the response and I will do the same :)
Your sister must submit her passport within 30 days of receiving the passport request, otherwise her file will be closed as a refusal

Reactions: Satpal

Anna C

Jun 19, 2018
Your sister must submit her passport within 30 days of receiving the passport request, otherwise her file will be closed as a refusal
Thank you, Bryanna. Yes, we know. We are waiting till end of this week and if no response is received on kids still will go ahead and send her passport.

itsnitin

May 19, 2018
yes, i'm too worried about that constraint. Also i've a US visa appointment date coming up so it doesn't help me to submit passports separately. so i was thinking of waiting for some more time and maybe enquire using below link. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp
would that help?

they say that average VISA processing time is ~21days. do we expect it to be longer for kids?

Anna C

Jun 19, 2018
Thank you, Bryanna. Yes, we know. We are waiting till end of this week and if no response is received on kids still will go ahead and send her passport.
We have submitted my sister's passport today. Decided not to wait any longer. Their planned travel date is in 3 weeks.
@Bryanna is it possible that kids get refused if their mom is approved? What are their chances of approval?
Their biggest tie to home country is that my sister's husband and their youngest child are not travelling to Canada and therefore have not applied for visas. We have sent a signed consent to travel from kids' father as well at CIC request in June 8.
Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We have submitted my sister's passport today. Decided not to wait any longer. Their planned travel date is in 3 weeks.
@Bryanna is it possible that kids get refused if their mom is approved? What are their chances of approval?
Their biggest tie to home country is that my sister's husband and their youngest child are not travelling to Canada and therefore have not applied for visas. We have sent a signed consent to travel from kids' father as well at CIC request in June 8.
Thank you!
Quite honestly, any outcome is possible. That said, the chances of her accompanying kid getting a TRV approval are good

Anna C

Jun 19, 2018
Quite honestly, any outcome is possible. That said, the chances of her accompanying kid getting a TRV approval are good
Thank you. With the travel date approaching fast we are getting a bit anxious. We have a whole sightseeing agenda planned already :)