+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application after receiving ITA

avsan30

Oct 30, 2019
Hello All,

I hope I can get some help from experienced applicants.

I received an ITA on 27th November 2019 and I am trying to fill out the form. I have encountered some problems and I am hoping to get some help regarding them.

1. Personal Activities: The form asks me to fill out personal activities from since I turned 18. While completing my degree which took me 5.5 years because of specializations and more than a year off for internship, I worked part time. Should I be mentioning all my part-time jobs (not at the same time) ? Or should I leave out details as my status was of a student all that time. Also, since it is technically work that does not count towards the actual CEC experience, I am not sure if it is even worth mentioning in the Work Experience section of this application.

2. Addresses: Over the years, I have lived in different addresses because I moved for Internship and then I moved for job. I have mentioned the places I have lived for more than a year but I am not sure if i should be mentioning a timeline for 3-4 months when I lived back home in India and give an address for that. Again, IDK if I need to go into that much detail OR even for when I was on a vacation in Europe for 15 days.

3. Is there a proof that they could ask for these addresses to ensure the dates match because I mean it has been years for some of them and I do not remember the exact dates of moving in or out.

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hello All,

I hope I can get some help from experienced applicants.

I received an ITA on 27th November 2019 and I am trying to fill out the form. I have encountered some problems and I am hoping to get some help regarding them.

1. Personal Activities: The form asks me to fill out personal activities from since I turned 18. While completing my degree which took me 5.5 years because of specializations and more than a year off for internship, I worked part time. Should I be mentioning all my part-time jobs (not at the same time) ? Or should I leave out details as my status was of a student all that time. Also, since it is technically work that does not count towards the actual CEC experience, I am not sure if it is even worth mentioning in the Work Experience section of this application.

2. Addresses: Over the years, I have lived in different addresses because I moved for Internship and then I moved for job. I have mentioned the places I have lived for more than a year but I am not sure if i should be mentioning a timeline for 3-4 months when I lived back home in India and give an address for that. Again, IDK if I need to go into that much detail OR even for when I was on a vacation in Europe for 15 days.

3. Is there a proof that they could ask for these addresses to ensure the dates match because I mean it has been years for some of them and I do not remember the exact dates of moving in or out.
1) You just mention everything without leaving any gaps. Don't give it too much thought, they don't care if you were unemployed or anything during a period of time, they just want to know what you've been up to in the last 10 years or since you turned 18.

2) Yes, you must mention all your addresses without gaps as well.

3) No, they will not ask for proof. Don't worry about it.

avsan30

Oct 30, 2019
1) You just mention everything without leaving any gaps. Don't give it too much thought, they don't care if you were unemployed or anything during a period of time, they just want to know what you've been up to in the last 10 years or since you turned 18.

2) Yes, you must mention all your addresses without gaps as well.

3) No, they will not ask for proof. Don't worry about it.
Thank you for the reply.

So, should I still mention all the gaps during university too? Summer Breaks and going back home and bla bla? I just thought there was no point for it because well, I was still completing my education and it would get a bit confusing for the officer too. With my university they never offered some important courses during summer so I had to take the summer off for example and went to visit my parents. that is the thing I am not sure HOW much detail they require. I could mention my part time jobs during university but going home for a month or two is a lot of information for no reason.

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Thank you for the reply.

So, should I still mention all the gaps during university too? Summer Breaks and going back home and bla bla? I just thought there was no point for it because well, I was still completing my education and it would get a bit confusing for the officer too. With my university they never offered some important courses during summer so I had to take the summer off for example and went to visit my parents. that is the thing I am not sure HOW much detail they require. I could mention my part time jobs during university but going home for a month or two is a lot of information for no reason.
Ok, I understand. You don't have to go into so much detail. You just cannot leave any month unaccounted for. Furthermore, things can overlap. For example, it could be something like this:

University Bachelors: Sept 2012 - Aug 2016
Internship: May 2016 - April 2017
Unemployed/Job hunting: May 2017 - July 2017
Job #1: July 2017 - Aug 2018
Unemployed/Traveling: Aug 2018- Oct 2018
Etc....

avsan30

Oct 30, 2019
Ok, I understand. You don't have to go into so much detail. You just cannot leave any month unaccounted for. Furthermore, things can overlap. For example, it could be something like this:

University Bachelors: Sept 2012 - Aug 2016
Internship: May 2016 - April 2017
Unemployed/Job hunting: May 2017 - July 2017
Job #1: July 2017 - Aug 2018
Unemployed/Traveling: Aug 2018- Oct 2018
Etc....
That is exactly what i have done. I have mentioned part time jobs during university. There are some gaps for part time employment during that because some semesters the load was a lot so i had to quit my work. I dont think i should mention for that gap because it is obvious i was studying at university as it is mentioned for time period. Even then the form shows completed because i think it bypasses other gaps as long as youve mentioned you were in university durig the time. After university I havent left a gap because i was still working at that part time job until i got this full time position.

But thanks a bunch.