+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application accepted or rejected ( over 2 months time)

savi4u

Jun 27, 2017
Hi All,

I had submitted my application on Aug 29 2017, as of today it shows status as in process.

Its been over 2 months now, what do you think my application is rejected or approved. I had paid all the fees at one time.

I have doubt of rejection because i had mistakenly mentioned my postgraduate diploma as degree and had secured relevant points while creating online account. However while submitting my application for PR. I clearly mentioned to them that this happened by mistake and i am still eligible for PR after recalculating points.

Can anyone help me. I am in stress. Also someone informed me that if it has taken over 2 months, it means they have agreed and you will get PR as in case of rejection they inform very early and doesnot take 2 months time.

Help me guys.

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Hi All,

I had submitted my application on Aug 29 2017, as of today it shows status as in process.

Its been over 2 months now, what do you think my application is rejected or approved. I had paid all the fees at one time.

I have doubt of rejection because i had mistakenly mentioned my postgraduate diploma as degree and had secured relevant points while creating online account. However while submitting my application for PR. I clearly mentioned to them that this happened by mistake and i am still eligible for PR after recalculating points.

Can anyone help me. I am in stress. Also someone informed me that if it has taken over 2 months, it means they have agreed and you will get PR as in case of rejection they inform very early and doesnot take 2 months time.

Help me guys.
Standard processing time for applications is 6 months for 80% of the cases according to CIC website. My application didn't even move till after the 3rd month. I think you are stressing over nothing. If it'll make you feel better you can request GCMS notes to find out what is happening with your application.

Reactions: Dolly143

savi4u

Jun 27, 2017
Standard processing time for applications is 6 months for 80% of the cases according to CIC website. My application didn't even move till after the 3rd month. I think you are stressing over nothing. If it'll make you feel better you can request GCMS notes to find out what is happening with your application.

How can i get GCMS notes? can you help me with the process

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
How can i get GCMS notes? can you help me with the process
Do you live in Canada? If you do you can request here on CIC website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

If you live outside Canada, there are various websites that charge you to get this information usually about $25 and takes about 30-40 days to get this information.
I used visafile.info, but you can also check other websites like gcmsnow.com or gcmsnotes.com

savi4u

Jun 27, 2017
Thanks a lot for the help.

One last query, as i had mentioned in my earlier query. I had done a mistake while making account wherein i had mentoned my post graduate diploma as degree.

However, while submitting my application, i wrote to them regarding mistake and wanted them to consider the recalculated points ( luckily recalculated points where above the draw number). Will they consider it?

Someone mentioned to me, if they would have not considered that, they would have rejected your application till now i.e 2 months. Can you help.

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017

One last query, as i had mentioned in my earlier query. I had done a mistake while making account wherein i had mentoned my post graduate diploma as degree.

However, while submitting my application, i wrote to them regarding mistake and wanted them to consider the recalculated points ( luckily recalculated points where above the draw number). Will they consider it?

Someone mentioned to me, if they would have not considered that, they would have rejected your application till now i.e 2 months. Can you help.
I'm not sure about the degree/diploma issue. Do you get awarded different number of points for each?
I think you should be okay if you articulated that in your letter of explanation. I guess you won't know until they reach out to you requesting clarification. That's just my opinion.

Dolly143

Sep 28, 2017

Your question has already been answered by other member....!! Its not that you wont be rejected after 2 mnths or 5 mnths....at any point of time cic can raise a query....and its the applicnt duty to fulfill and prove them....if there is no query be happy about it...!! Incomplete applications with missing docmnts or missing imformation will be refused with in 45 days!

sk1976

Jun 1, 2017
Hi All,

Help me guys.
Just curious to know the current status of your file

ABERA

Jan 3, 2019
Hi, I have done MSc in watershed management from Ethiopia. I worked as Agricultural Advisor in Ethiopia for 4 yrs after MSc. I looked up Validation jobs in Canada on their Job Bank website. How do I find out whether Validation jobs are in demand? This is important for me to make a decision of whether to consider starting the express entry application process. I would greatly appreciate if you can share your thoughts. Thanks