Sent with Application
Med's Request
01-11-2016
Med's Done....
14-11-2016 Medical Passed......17-02-2017
Passport Req..
25-4-2017
shritigr said:
Do you guys have any clue which province will accept a score of 350 (without job offer) ?
Check Saskatchewan Immigration Nomination website .... they don't bother about yout r CRS score if u fufill their requirement

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
retake IELTS, retake IELTS, retake IELTS... i cannot specify how important IELTS is...

just to give you an example - if you reach CLB9 level in IELTS i can promise more than 80% in this group will have over 400 points... even with a bachelors degree (age is a factor also obviously)

keep writing IELTS unless you hit the magic CLB9 number

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
thestunner316 said:
retake IELTS, retake IELTS, retake IELTS... i cannot specify how important IELTS is...

just to give you an example - if you reach CLB9 level in IELTS i can promise more than 80% in this group will have over 400 points... even with a bachelors degree (age is a factor also obviously)

couldnt ve said it better myself. simplified!

shahidzaiba

Jul 17, 2016
krishnakes said:
Dear Friends,

We are applying for Canada PR as my wife primary applicant. We created the EOI and we get 340 points :( . How can we get more points. Really worried. Is it arrange a job really works in Express Entry or we have to wait till points came down. Please help.
Its really important to have your IELTS score 8777, perhaps then you may get above 400.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This group is for those with score between 300-350. Logic has it that their language test (IELTS or TEF) is already on level CBL 7. Plus requirement for work experience and studies.
All that has already given you 2x25 points for transferability.
Writing language test to CBL 9 will give you additional 50 points but not more.
Be aware that you can get max. 100 points in the transferability section.
For better language skills you will get some 20-30 points more (depending on your current score)

So that with some other minor tweaking can get you score around 400 or maybe a bit above.
But it will be still not be above 450 which is so far the lowest known draw for this year.
So after all that effort you will be still in the non eligible part watching how your score will deteriorate because of the ageing.

For me (i am in the same same score range), it is clear not to waste time with language tests and hit a suitable PNP to solve the problem for additional points.

Ohter option would be LMIA.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
vensak said:
This group is for those with score between 300-350. Logic has it that their language test (IELTS or TEF) is already on level CBL 7. Plus requirement for work experience and studies.
All that has already given you 2x25 points for transferability.
Writing language test to CBL 9 will give you additional 50 points but not more.
Be aware that you can get max. 100 points in the transferability section.
For better language skills you will get some 20-30 points more (depending on your current score)

So that with some other minor tweaking can get you score around 400 or maybe a bit above.
But it will be still not be above 450 which is so far the lowest known draw for this year.
So after all that effort you will be still in the non eligible part watching how your score will deteriorate because of the ageing.

For me (i am in the same same score range), it is clear not to waste time with language tests and hit a suitable PNP to solve the problem for additional points.

Ohter option would be LMIA.
Totally agree. CRS does not look likely to drop below 450 anytime soon. A PNP is the best option to get the additional 600 points. I sat at 354 from Jan. 2015 to November 2015. My CLB level was at 9 already, but was losing points on age. Then I applied for SINP, and got a nomination within a month, and now have got my PR.

Best of luck to all people waiting, and do look at all available PNPs as they are your surest chance of obtaining a PR.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hot2Cold said:
Totally agree. CRS does not look likely to drop below 450 anytime soon. A PNP is the best option to get the additional 600 points. I sat at 354 from Jan. 2015 to November 2015. My CLB level was at 9 already, but was losing points on age. Then I applied for SINP, and got a nomination within a month, and now have got my PR.

Best of luck to all people waiting, and do look at all available PNPs as they are your surest chance of obtaining a PR.
PNP depends on a lot of factors... if you can apply and get a PNP , thats awesome... that will literally guarantee you nomination... but for me and several other candidates we cannot apply for PNP as my role is not required by any province... only hope is OINP for which delays are long and almost 1 year later i'm still waiting... :)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
PNP depends on a lot of factors... if you can apply and get a PNP , thats awesome... that will literally guarantee you nomination... but for me and several other candidates we cannot apply for PNP as my role is not required by any province... only hope is OINP for which delays are long and almost 1 year later i'm still waiting... :)
From what i have checked, there are several PNP and not all are job specifics. True some are closed at the moment but they reopen from time to time to get next applicant batch.
What it takes, that you cannot be too picky about dream province (at least not for the start) and just go for whatever is achievable.
There is New Brunswick with info sessions (hopefully more will come once they get their quota for next year)
Saskatchewan has his EE opened from time to time.
Ontario has it human capital (and yes in that only specific case would be worth to redo the language test just to hit the minimum requirement there).
Ontario has also French stream for bilinguals.

then you also have Prince of Edward Island which is accepting EOI.
And Manitoba also closed directly, it can reopen plus there are cities like Morden that might help out to immigrate.

One just have to seek hard. thats all.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Hot2Cold said:

Hello. May I know your NOC and how you applied for SINP? I see that they have demand-driven occupation only. Thanks.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
cad143 said:
Hello. May I know your NOC and how you applied for SINP? I see that they have demand-driven occupation only. Thanks.
I applied in 2171. I was working with a consultant for FSW2014, but missed the cap so they managed my SINP application. So I was not hands on on the SINP side, but once nominated I did all the rest on my own with extensive research on this forum and the CIC (IRCC) website.

Basically the profile was created and kept ready, and as soon as it opened, they submitted it. Back in Nov. 2015, I am not sure if it was not demand driven. The OID stream was demand driven, and EE stream was separate.

You should create an application on Oasis (SINP's application portal) and keep it ready, and as soon as it opens, submit it. The only thing you will need to update is your bank statements every month as they expect previous 3 months at the time of submission.

Hope this helps

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Hot2Cold said:
I applied in 2171. I was working with a consultant for FSW2014, but missed the cap so they managed my SINP application. So I was not hands on on the SINP side, but once nominated I did all the rest on my own with extensive research on this forum and the CIC (IRCC) website.

Basically the profile was created and kept ready, and as soon as it opened, they submitted it. Back in Nov. 2015, I am not sure if it was not demand driven. The OID stream was demand driven, and EE stream was separate.

You should create an application on Oasis (SINP's application portal) and keep it ready, and as soon as it opens, submit it. The only thing you will need to update is your bank statements every month as they expect previous 3 months at the time of submission.

Hope this helps
Hi thanks for the info,

I am working at NOC 2174/2175. Its more likely 2175 but I do have some job responsibilities for 2174. I have 1 year exp in Ontario. Am I eligible to apply for SINP while working in Ontario?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Navprateek said:
Hi thanks for the info,

I am working at NOC 2174/2175. Its more likely 2175 but I do have some job responsibilities for 2174. I have 1 year exp in Ontario. Am I eligible to apply for SINP while working in Ontario?
You certainly can apply. But you will have to demonstrate an intent to reside in SK before being nominated. You will be asked to provide a settlement plan for this.

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
thestunner316 said:

I read this advice a lot: "retake IELTS as many times as needed" and it makes wonder how can one spend that amount of money retaking the exam? Here in my country it costs no less than USD300, and here that's a considerable amount of money to spend every two months "as needed"... is it less expensive in other countries?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i would say hardly. It cost 200 eur + over here. It is just people are desparate enouhg for points. As ielts is a bit lotery paying something like that for provincial nomination is much better.