Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Now the status has moved from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE; nothing else received, so waiting for the decision...
Congrats. Oath is right around the corner.

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Do they write invitation mail has been sent for path ceremony, once the "DECISION MADE" status is updated or it comes automatically? Anyone to share their experience? Application sent from Mississauga, Interview held in Scarborough.
THANKS

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Do they write invitation mail has been sent for path ceremony, once the "DECISION MADE" status is updated or it comes automatically? Anyone to share their experience? Application sent from Mississauga, Interview held in Scarborough.
THANKS
No they don’t. Decision is only that a decision is made on your application which is normally good news now you just have to wait for Oath Invite hopefully it will be soon since it’s been over a year since you applied good luck.

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Just a question: Is there any standard that Scarborough office sends e-mail invitation for oath and Mississauga office sends Canada post mail invitation? Also how many days before the ceremony they send the e-Mail / Postal mail? Or is it at their will?
Kindly advise if anyone has the answer. Thanks a lot!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Just a question: (1)Is there any standard that Scarborough office sends e-mail invitation for oath and Mississauga office sends Canada post mail invitation? (2)Also how many days before the ceremony they send the e-Mail / Postal mail? Or is it at their will?
Kindly advise if anyone has the answer. Thanks a lot!
(1) The standard procedure is ~ if one receives his/her AOR via email, all future correspondences from IRCC will come thru email only. Irrespective of which CPC is processing the file.

(2) Oath notifications are typically sent out 3 weeks in advance. In both cases, email or snail-mail. However, there have been cases of a week's notice as well. But that's not the norm.

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
(1) The standard procedure is ~ if one receives his/her AOR via email, all future correspondences from IRCC will come thru email only. Irrespective of which CPC is processing the file.

(2) Oath notifications are typically sent out 3 weeks in advance. In both cases, email or snail-mail. However, there have been cases of a week's notice as well. But that's not the norm.

many thanks for your prompt reply.

Reactions: qorax

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
many thanks for your prompt reply.
"Decision made" status since 27th August 2018; Application has completed 12 months and 24 days. Usually the whole process get completed in 12 months. I am still waiting for oath invitation. Submitted a Web Form inquiring about it and got a reply after 10 days "in due course you will be invited for the ceremony" Can't travel! Waiting patiently ....
Anyone in the same situation? Application from Mississauga. Interview in Scarborough, Do not know when and where the Oath will be ....

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
"Decision made" status since 27th August 2018; Application has completed 12 months and 24 days. Usually the whole process get completed in 12 months. I am still waiting for oath invitation. Submitted a Web Form inquiring about it and got a reply after 10 days "in due course you will be invited for the ceremony" Can't travel! Waiting patiently ....
Anyone in the same situation? Application from Mississauga. Interview in Scarborough, Do not know when and where the Oath will be ....
I think it’s ridiculous that they hold on to your application for so long and all they could say in due course you will be invited for a Oath when there’s applicants from December getting Oath Invite. I don’t know what’s going on with the agent who is handling your file but something is definitely wrong in Scarborough office it’s like everyone does their own thing. I hope you get Your Invite soon good luck.

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
I think it’s ridiculous that they hold on to your application for so long and all they could say in due course you will be invited for a Oath when there’s applicants from December getting Oath Invite. I don’t know what’s going on with the agent who is handling your file but something is definitely wrong in Scarborough office it’s like everyone does their own thing. I hope you get Your Invite soon good luck.
Thanks. By 'agent' do you mean the officer who interviewed me? I have his phone number and I called him a couple of times and he gave me the same reply. "Completed the file on the same day" and given for scheduling next step (Oath). So it not in his hands; refuter he told me that I should get priority as my application has passes one year processing time!!!

koolrav

May 16, 2018
My situation is very similar-I was 63 years old when I applied on August 17, 2017-Processing of Application started on the 19th of September 2017-I did my interview on the 18th of April 2018-Since am 63 years old no need for written test and am yet to receive the invitation letter for oath. Though I live in Mississauga I attended the interview at Scarborough Town center. Online status still shows IN PROCESS though I have completed more than one year. I have sent web form inquiry 2 days back and am yet to take get any reply although I was assured in the interview by July I would have my oath. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
My situation is very similar-I was 63 years old when I applied on August 17, 2017-Processing of Application started on the 19th of September 2017-I did my interview on the 18th of April 2018-Since am 63 years old no need for written test and am yet to receive the invitation letter for oath. Though I live in Mississauga I attended the interview at Scarborough Town center. Online status still shows IN PROCESS though I have completed more than one year. I have sent web form inquiry 2 days back and am yet to take get any reply although I was assured in the interview by July I would have my oath. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Suggest to visit Scarborough Town centre with your Interview invitation letter and try to meet the officer who interviewed you and ask for update.
Hopefully they can trace the file and update the status. I am also planning to do it if the Oath letter does not come soon. My online status shows "Decision Made". Good luck; do post the outcome.