+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants under the category 5125 - Translators, terminologists and interpreter

sunoarun

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Let us share our views for this particular category.

sunoarun

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
I got to know that there were other people, who had not been charged yet although their application was sent in July. Are there other people who have already been charged or have received the PER? If so, be kind to share your views.

sunoarun

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Just got info from a colleague (KSA) that some professions are being processed with low priority. Unfortunately our profession falls under this. So we need to wait for about 2 weeks before we expect the processing speed up for us. :)

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
My application was received on 2nd October and I still haven't been charged. I can't help worrying that my application may be rejected at any time.

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
I've read in another forum that recently all applications are checked for completeness within 75 (business?) days. So October applicants may get charged at the beginning of January 2015, which means that if their application is rejected, they won't be able to send it back.
Sorry for being so pessimistic. ;D

sunoarun

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
HappyFlowerChild said:
I've read in another forum that recently all applications are checked for completeness within 75 (business?) days. So October applicants may get charged at the beginning of January 2015, which means that if their application is rejected, they won't be able to send it back.
Sorry for being so pessimistic. ;D
You should be optimistic. I know there is another colleague, who has still not been charged, although his application was submitted in July. Later I found out that the reason could be that the CIC is currently working on other professions, for which too many applications have been received. Once these are cleared, our profession will be taken up. Btw my application was sent on 27 August and even I have still not been charged. So you are very much right in expecting the very best for yourself :)

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
You've been waiting for a long time now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope you will hear the good news soon.
I think that in addition to the high and low priority occupations, they give priority to people with arranged employment, cause it seems that some applications are picked out for processing at random.

sunoarun

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
HappyFlowerChild said:
You've been waiting for a long time now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope you will hear the good news soon.
I think that in addition to the high and low priority occupations, they give priority to people with arranged employment, cause it seems that some applications are picked out for processing at random.
First of all thanks for your wishes. I wish the same for you. I hope that this new year brings you the good news.

About the priority - you may be right. Actually I have seen many people still waiting for PER even when the amount has been charged some time back. One thing was common in all these people - they all belonged to a category, for which there were not many applications received. Probably that explains our situation.

Anyways keep the fingers crossed and all the best to you for your future in Canada :)

msamy001

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 December 2014
Nomination.....
CC charged 18 Feb. 2015/ PER 12 March 2015
LANDED..........
Landed Sep 2015
I will send my application by 17th of December. Will the old system be applied on me. Actually I don't want to enter the new system as it seems very complicated compared to the old one.
Last question please, I have more than 10 years of experience in the translation field. Does it matter if my whole experience was in one company? I have an certificate of experience from the company stamped and signed as requested. Appreciate your reply on both questions.

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
msamy001 said:
I will send my application by 17th of December. Will the old system be applied on me. Actually I don't want to enter the new system as it seems very complicated compared to the old one.
Last question please, I have more than 10 years of experience in the translation field. Does it matter if my whole experience was in one company? I have an certificate of experience from the company stamped and signed as requested. Appreciate your reply on both questions.
Yes, if your application reaches CIC by end of 2014 the old system will be applied to you. The new system launches in January 2015.
As to the second question, having work experience in one company has no negative effect on your application as long as you have 1 year of continuous work experience in one of the eligible occupations. Having your experience in only one place may only be more convenient to you, as there are no breaks between your periods of employment and you need only one letter from your employer.

msamy001

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 December 2014
Nomination.....
CC charged 18 Feb. 2015/ PER 12 March 2015
LANDED..........
Landed Sep 2015
Many thanks HappyFlowerChild :)

what about the Christmas Vacation? will it affect receiving the envelope. I mean if the envelope reaches CIC by 20th of December, will they be off ? I know that I am too much worry but I can't help it :)

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
I do not know about the Holidays, but as long as your application reaches them before 31 December and the cap for your occupation is not reached, then you're safe.

sunoarun

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
msamy001 said:
Many thanks HappyFlowerChild :)

what about the Christmas Vacation? will it affect receiving the envelope. I mean if the envelope reaches CIC by 20th of December, will they be off ? I know that I am too much worry but I can't help it :)
Got info from another person in another group that the people would be working most of December except for last few days. Probably last 10 days or so. However, the staff may not be 100% as people go on leave but the work would continue. The entire staff should be back in first week of January so hopefully they will start working faster on the pending applications.

sunoarun

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Are there people in this forum who have applied for 5125 and have still not been charged or have still not receive PER?

sunoarun

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
My wild guess after looking at the trend is that CIC is working top-down on application receipts, i.e. applications for categories, which have received highest number of applications, are the ones being processed first. Just now (13 December 2014) I saw categories having received 300+ applications are being processed. We are not far with 71.

Although this may not be 100% correct, but it always pays off to be optimistic. So hang on guys we will translate our future very soon 8) 8)