+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

warshan

Oct 13, 2019
I have done BCS PGD in IT and didnt do Project is it consider as a 3 year degree program in eca. do i need to complete the project as well. Any one did ABE Level 6 Diploma ? Is it consider as a degree in canada?

nathahakck

Sep 1, 2018
I have done BCS PGD in IT and didnt do Project is it consider as a 3 year degree program in eca. do i need to complete the project as well. Any one did ABE Level 6 Diploma ? Is it consider as a degree in canada?
This.... i have the same question. Anyone did the same?

nathahakck

Sep 1, 2018
Seniors i have masters in IT from university of kelaniya. Can i apply for ECA only using this? or do i have to submit for my bachelors as well?

Islander5548

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Sri Lanka
I did BCS HEQ and completed it including the project. they recognized it as Diploma (two years), bachelor's degree (three years).

I am not sure how it affects if you didn't do the project but BCS alone is enough to get two or more qualifications and I spent another 650k on getting a final year from ICBT when i didn't even need it. (Waste of Money specially since I learned absolutely nothing. lol)

in your cases guys, I'd recommend you to complete the project, it only takes 6 months or so to do it and its very easy.

shoot any questions you got. more than happy to help out my fellow lankans :)

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Guys, I got my WES report on my business management degree from northumbria as a 4 year equivalence. My doubt is, they assessed my HND from BMS Sri Lanka and mentioned that it is not recognized. I got a certificate from Edexcel for the same HND because the first two years at BMS is affiliated with Edexcel. Can I re-apply for my WES assessment with those certificates? Will they analyse it as a second qualification?

fingerscrossed007

Oct 7, 2019
Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding Proof of Funds. Can we show full amounts of both EPF and ETF balances as proof of funds?
Thanks in advance!

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding Proof of Funds. Can we show full amounts of both EPF and ETF balances as proof of funds?
Thanks in advance!
You can but there will be heap of questions and RRs on your file. Which will delay processing. Best thing show savings account or FD.

Kau_siri

Oct 25, 2019
Hi
I completed my Electronic Engineering 3 year degree at SLIIT, for 1st and 2nd years I have SLIIT transcripts and 3rd year Sheffield Hallam transcript. The degree is awarded from Sheffield Hallam University (top-up degree).
So do you guys know what uni should I put in when creating the WES profile? Shall I give Sri Lanka for the country of Education and give the degree awarded institute as Sheffield Hallam uni? And then pay WES, get the reference number and give WES application to Sheffield Hallam uni? Or do I have to give the application with WES reference number to SLIIT?

fingerscrossed007

Oct 7, 2019
Is there anyone who got their degree from UCD/NIBM ?? Once you pay UCD to send your transcripts for WES evaluation, do you have to make any payments again to them/NUI for them to send a hard copy of your degree certificate to WES? Has anyone experienced this?

Jonathan_2019

Oct 6, 2019
Hello Guys.

I have got my ECA. My Summary Says "Completion of a college-level certificate (One Year) and bachelor's degree (three years)"
Does this means I can claim two or more certificates?

Thanks in Advance guys!!

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Hello Guys.

I have got my ECA. My Summary Says "Completion of a college-level certificate (One Year) and bachelor's degree (three years)"
Does this means I can claim two or more certificates?

Thanks in Advance guys!!
Nop if you have to claim it for 2 and more qualifications it should be one bachelors degree and at least past graduate diploma after bachelors degree.

Jonathan_2019

Oct 6, 2019
Nop if you have to claim it for 2 and more qualifications it should be one bachelors degree and at least past graduate diploma after bachelors degree.
Thanks Hasitha for your prompt response. However when creating the profile from the dropdown shouldn't we select one year program at a university?. Since it's not a secondary diploma (high school graduation). I'm confused

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Thanks Hasitha for your prompt response. However when creating the profile from the dropdown shouldn't we select one year program at a university?. Since it's not a secondary diploma (high school graduation). I'm confused
You have 3 years bachelors degree arnt you? If that is so why do you select 1 year university program?Then that will be you highest qualification. You can't claim points for two or more degrees.

Jonathan_2019

Oct 6, 2019
You have 3 years bachelors degree arnt you? If that is so why do you select 1 year university program?Then that will be you highest qualification. You can't claim points for two or more degrees.
When we add our educational credentials shouldn't we add it one by one. Therefore after adding both it shows as two or more certificates in our profile