+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Guys, I've sent my certificates to WES. I sent the certificates for three years (2 local and final year was from UK), but only filled out one form indicating the final year which was awarded by Northumbria University, in the application form. They got back to me asking me to request the university to directly send it from UK to Canada. Just wanted to know if they will evaluate all three years or just the final year because I only filled out one application for the final year. Please advise.

SkandaB

Aug 17, 2019
Thanks .
One told me about a seperate 3,000/= for OPD consultation is that true?
Yes first for consultation 2850/= then on the appointment day for tests you will have to pay another 5740/=.

Further on appointment you have to take your passport, 2 photocopies of passport bio page and 2 passport size photos with you.

SkandaB

Aug 17, 2019
Guys, I've sent my certificates to WES. I sent the certificates for three years (2 local and final year was from UK), but only filled out one form indicating the final year which was awarded by Northumbria University, in the application form. They got back to me asking me to request the university to directly send it from UK to Canada. Just wanted to know if they will evaluate all three years or just the final year because I only filled out one application for the final year. Please advise.
Is it a UK degree completed in Sri Lankan institute?

Sid1989

Aug 23, 2019
Yes, all three years. Final year was awarded by Northumbria, UK.
Ok contact your local institute representative and ask them to send the transcripts to WES from the UK university. They deal with this daily. They will direct you. Then you have to send the final degree certificate photocopy directly from a local post office.

Also you have to get a duplicate transcript from the institute when you are there for application purposes later.

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Ok contact your local institute representative and ask them to send the transcripts to WES from the UK university. They deal with this daily. They will direct you. Then you have to send the final degree certificate photocopy directly from a local post office.

Also you have to get a duplicate transcript from the institute when you are there for application purposes later.
Already done that bro. My question was to find out on how they would analyse the degree. As in, what they would classify it as; bachelors or two separate qualifications. Please refer post #931 for my initial question.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi Friends,

---- URGENT -----

Is there anyone who submitted EPF balance as proof of funds recently.
Did you submit the contribution history letter as well in addition to the current balance confirmation letter.
The contribution history letter has the following statement which I feel might cause a problem.

"This report is issued at the request of the member and should not be considered as a proof of entitlement. Please note that the
account amendments, Housing Loan default deductions, account amalgamations, refund details and other changes made to a particular member account may not be reflected in the above contribution history report'

Guys,
waiting for the input from those who submitted EPF as POF. very urgent as I am done with medicals and all and stuck in this issue at the last moment.

Thanks

Engcan

Sep 18, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-10-2019
Anyone who submitted e-APR this week via Express entry for the FSW program ?

I've just submitted mine and trying to
form a group so we can keep ourselves updated about the updates from IRCC.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I'm Sri Lankan in our country.

Can anybody explain me the process of getting apostle/Attestation of my Foreign Degree Certificates which are earned in Sri lanka without going to abroad?

Because I went to Foreign Ministry, they asked me to get the approval/attestation from relevant country's embassy first. But embassy told me to get the attestation from Foreign Ministry first. I'm helpless in between these two.

Please advise

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hiiii,
1. Anyone applied for PCC from Sri Lanka online or at the Police HQ recently?

2. How long does it take online or at the HQ to get the certificate?

3. How long is the PCC valid?

4. Do we have to mention the vacation days in SL and excluding vacation days out of SL while filling?

Sid1989

Aug 23, 2019
Hiiii,
1. Anyone applied for PCC from Sri Lanka online or at the Police HQ recently

2. How long does it take online or at the HQ to get the certificate?

3. How long is the PCC valid?

4. Do we have to mention the vacation days in SL and excluding vacation days out of SL while filling?
1) online is easy
2) I applied online. If you stayed in the same house from birth it will be easy and quick. For example if you are Colombo 10, only the that police divisions officer will come to investigate about the stay. Once that is done, within a 1 weeks time you will get the police certificate via post. If you have stayed multiple places then you will be contacted by all that police divisions. Mostly that also done Parallel and with in 2 weeks you will get the certificate if all are in order.
3) 6 months
4) No need to mention any vacations if they are less than 6 months and while filling don’t keep any gaps. From birth date to current date - not even one day gap.( should be continuous)

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
1) online is easy
2) I applied online. If you stayed in the same house from birth it will be easy and quick. For example if you are Colombo 10, only the that police divisions officer will come to investigate about the stay. Once that is done, within a 1 weeks time you will get the police certificate via post. If you have stayed multiple places then you will be contacted by all that police divisions. Mostly that also done Parallel and with in 2 weeks you will get the certificate if all are in order.
3) 6 months
4) No need to mention any vacations if they are less than 6 months and while filling don’t keep any gaps. From birth date to current date - not even one day gap.( should be continuous)
Thanks for the response. I'm a little concerned with your reply to my last question, let me elaborate it.

1. Should the PCC be taken since birth?? Isn't it from over 18 years to date?

2. I was in KSA as a resident from 2014 to 2018, been visiting Sri lanka during that period many times, while we fill the travel history later on in the profile, we should mention those stays in Sri lanka right? As we have to scan all pages of the passport? So while filling the PCC, shouldn't we fill in those days too? I'm confused now.

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Well I recommend you include all your travel dates when you apply for the PCC from Sri Lanka. They actually tell you to do this when you apply online.

I went to Sri Lanka a few times during my stay abroad so I still included the dates I was physically present is SL in my PCC application from time of birth to the day of the application.

So when I received my PCC, they actually mention the days of my visit, even though I was technically not living there any more (I'm still a SL citizen but they dont give a blanket PCC coverage date from the date of your birth to the day you apply). On the other hand other PCCs like the Indian PCC do that even though you might not have stayed in the country for many years (they dont specify the dates you were away from the country and came for visits etc.).

Anyways up to you, but I would include all the dates you came to visit SL, keeping in mind the stamps and dates stated in your passport. They will check those stamps and correlate the dates of your visits.
I was in confusion for the same reason too. So we have to mention all the vacation trips to Sri Lanka from entry day to exit day. I didnt know we have to provide since birth.

Do we have to exclude the vacation days while we apply for the PCC from the country of residence abroad?