supun567

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Sri Lanka
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-12-2018
Can some pls clarify doubt with proof of fund.

I don't have sufficient bank balance can I ask my relative to transfer me and us it as proof of fund ?
You may also have to submit an affidavit to declare that funds as a gift. Otherwise they wont accept it

supun567

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Sri Lanka
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-12-2018
I don't thnki so. When you live in Qatar your residency is changed with the work permit. Then you are a resident of that country. So you will have to get a PCC from Qatar for the whole period. That period will be excluded from Sri Lankan PCC. This is my personal opinion. I was in the similar situation and done the same. No ADRs yet. But in the travel history you have to mention all your travels to SL on EE profile.
Nope... they will check the date stamps in your passports. So to be on the safe side, include all the dates that you spent here separately in sri lanka pcc. You can take a pcc for the complete period in qatar.. in this way it will look more genuine

Reactions: hgunawa

supun567

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Sri Lanka
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-12-2018
I am a fsw applicant with military background (technical branch) (no combat operations)
My noc code was selected accordingly as i am a IT guy. Applications developer.

Here is my timeline
ITA 29 Oct 18
AOR 22 Dec 18
RPRF REQUEST: 16 Jul 19 (paid 21 Jul 19)
1st ADR 16 Jul: for a military record and spouses renewed passport copy
2nd ADR 23 Jul: for a resume, supplementary information form as well as schedule A form. (Submitted on 30 Jul)

Anyone in same boat?
When can I expect a PPR. Any update would be greatly appreciated

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Nope... they will check the date stamps in your passports. So to be on the safe side, include all the dates that you spent here separately in sri lanka pcc. You can take a pcc for the complete period in qatar.. in this way it will look more genuine
Yes they will check the date stamps on the pp. Also, when you fill out the EE profile travel history they will ask your resident location at the time of travel. I.e I lived in the Bahamas from October 2012 to August 2016. During this time I'm a Bahamas resident, Sri Lankan citizen. So, I should obtain a PCC from Bahamas police for that period. While I was a resident in Bahamas I have done various travels to US, CUBA other Caribbean island and as well as SL for over a month for vacations. Those are my travels. Technically those are not my residencies during 2012 to 2016. There is an exception if you have stayed more than 6 months in one place as per IRCC regulations.
So as you suggested when you fill out the address in SL you will have to fill out SL address every time when you travel to SL for even two weeks per year. The ultimate outcome is your SLPCC will get delayed while you are trying to be extra smart.
If you go by the law, in my scenario my permanent resident address during 2012 to 2016 was Bahamian address and I should not be issed a SLPCC for that time.
This is my experience and knowledge. Anyone can have different opinions.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi friends,

I have some questions about medicals. (I am 43 yrs)

1 - I am having cholesterol above the normal value and having continuous pills every other day.
Do I have to reveal this in the medicals. should I go with the latest reports and prescriptions
If I do a test now my cholesterol level is normal as I am taking medicine.
Would revealing this affect my application. If I do not reveal would they still figure out I am on medication by the tests
Please advise.

2 - My wife underwent a hernia surgery six years ago
Will this affect the application.

Thanks in advance

supun567

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Sri Lanka
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-12-2018
Since we are uploading this application directly to cic, shouldn't this be addressed to them. Just curious.
No. Address should be as said above.

H.E. THE HIGH COMMISSIONER, THE HIGH COMMISSION OF CANADA, 33A, 5th Lane, Colpetty, Colombo

Prob

Aug 25, 2018
Hi -
What is the equivalency for the Oxford Brookes Degree by the WES. Has anybody completed the WES assessment for this?

tomking101

Dec 29, 2018
Yes they will check the date stamps on the pp. Also, when you fill out the EE profile travel history they will ask your resident location at the time of travel. I.e I lived in the Bahamas from October 2012 to August 2016. During this time I'm a Bahamas resident, Sri Lankan citizen. So, I should obtain a PCC from Bahamas police for that period. While I was a resident in Bahamas I have done various travels to US, CUBA other Caribbean island and as well as SL for over a month for vacations. Those are my travels. Technically those are not my residencies during 2012 to 2016. There is an exception if you have stayed more than 6 months in one place as per IRCC regulations.
So as you suggested when you fill out the address in SL you will have to fill out SL address every time when you travel to SL for even two weeks per year. The ultimate outcome is your SLPCC will get delayed while you are trying to be extra smart.
If you go by the law, in my scenario my permanent resident address during 2012 to 2016 was Bahamian address and I should not be issed a SLPCC for that time.
This is my experience and knowledge. Anyone can have different opinions.
Thank you so much for the explanations. I did mention everything truthfully when filling out the forms. That is much safer.

Anyway guys, when filling out the personal activities I had to mention my A/Ls as well cz it is within the past 10 years for me. However, I didn't get ECA for A/L and O/L but for my degree and masters, I did. Will it be an issue? By the way, what is the level of education for O/L and A/L? is it secondary diploma?

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
i got less than 2 weeks, around 10
Hi friends,

I have some questions about medicals. (I am 43 yrs)

1 - I am having cholesterol above the normal value and having continuous pills every other day.
Do I have to reveal this in the medicals. should I go with the latest reports and prescriptions
If I do a test now my cholesterol level is normal as I am taking medicine.
Would revealing this affect my application. If I do not reveal would they still figure out I am on medication by the tests
Please advise.

2 - My wife underwent a hernia surgery six years ago
Will this affect the application.

Thanks in advance
any advise please

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
any advise please
No idea about this. Probably you should meet a panel doctor for Canadian Immigration and discuss your situation. Only thing I know is they will ask for furtherance test from you and it will extend your time. But I'm not a professional in this. So better to consult a professional.

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
Getting the police report in Sri Lanka is such a pain.
Went to Police headquarters to fast track.
But each police station delays it.
All depends on the PC who does it. Some are lazy and some dont know how to talk too.
Such a frustrating process if we have lived in multiple addresses.

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Getting the police report in Sri Lanka is such a pain.
Went to Police headquarters to fast track.
But each police station delays it.
All depends on the PC who does it. Some are lazy and some dont know how to talk too.
Such a frustrating process if we have lived in multiple addresses.
You should have applied for SLPCC while you are in the pool. Because as per the IRCC regulation, PCC can be staled dated back to 6 months from AOR date. But if you have filled the data correctly and answer the telephone calls from police it will not way take 2 months for them to issue a PCC for you. But actually the Police sends out messages fro every police you lived since birth and all those needs to be cleared with seven other reports for you to be issued a PCC. Consequently, I see it as an effective process over personal hardships we face. Moreover, if it is the first time you request a PCC from SL Police it will take more time. Because police HQ doesn't have any record of you.

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
You should have applied for SLPCC while you are in the pool. Because as per the IRCC regulation, PCC can be staled dated back to 6 months from AOR date. But if you have filled the data correctly and answer the telephone calls from police it will not way take 2 months for them to issue a PCC for you. But actually the Police sends out messages fro every police you lived since birth and all those needs to be cleared with seven other reports for you to be issued a PCC. Consequently, I see it as an effective process over personal hardships we face. Moreover, if it is the first time you request a PCC from SL Police it will take more time. Because police HQ doesn't have any record of you.
This is not the 1st time. But re-issue does not get us a updated PCC. It only gives till the date we took it last time.
I believe it depends by the police station. Some does it effectively. Some don't.
Yes, process is effective but they dont act like effective.

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
This is not the 1st time. But re-issue does not get us a updated PCC. It only gives till the date we took it last time.
I believe it depends by the police station. Some does it effectively. Some don't.
Yes, process is effective but they dont act like effective.
For me I had to reapply after I had left SL. They issued it for me within a week. But in the worst case if you have PCCs issued before attached them to your file along with proof of evidence that you have applied for PCC again with a LOE for your file. Then raise a CSE when you receive the PCCS. I don't think your case it will go that far. But your agent have advised all this to you.

G Hameed

Aug 7, 2019
NIBM? ;)
Yes. You are eligible for Two or more certificates, diploma or degrees.
Hi I'm from Colombo. I've sent my docs to WES. I have sent them 2 certificates of diploma and a degree certificate. I followed BSc in Business management at NIBM. Will they count with 2 or more qualifications?

Thanks,