+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

tristonz

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hi all,

Good to see a group of Sri Lankans.
Im sitting at 440. Planning on doing IELTS again to increase my points.

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi All,

Has any one got there ECA done for HND (Higher National Diploma) done via local institute and BSc (To Up) via distance learning?

Any advise/clarifications would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

tristonz

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Guys,

Can someone tell me how getting a PCC worked out.
I see there's an online application option now on police.lk to request a PCC.
Also do we need to send a reference copy to the Canadian embassy?

tristonz

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Just figured..

If you are Invited to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence, you need to upload a police certificate in your Electronic Application for Permanent Residence (e-APR). Please follow the instructions above to get your police certificate.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.​

sathanava

Dec 24, 2017
Hi All,

Has any one got there ECA done for HND (Higher National Diploma) done via local institute and BSc (To Up) via distance learning?

Any advise/clarifications would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
I did ECA for top up degree from Northumbria University and it was equal to Canadian 4 years degree. Also I did ECA for local HND, and the report was 'diploma from unrecognized institute'.

If anyone from Sri Lanka trying to evaluate their HND or diploma, first check whether your institute is registered under UGC or Vocational training center. As far I know most of the private institutions are not registered in any of these departments, instead they might have just registered as a business entity.

Hope this helps you well!!!

Reactions: Sendhu

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I did ECA for top up degree from Northumbria University and it was equal to Canadian 4 years degree. Also I did ECA for local HND, and the report was 'diploma from unrecognized institute'.

If anyone from Sri Lanka trying to evaluate their HND or diploma, first check whether your institute is registered under UGC or Vocational training center. As far I know most of the private institutions are not registered in any of these departments, instead they might have just registered as a business entity.

Hope this helps you well!!!

Thanks for the info.

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
As per Edexcel (Pearson) - Our standard service provides official confirmation of your results which we aim to dispatch within 20 working days. But does this take longer than the said days? Normally how long does it take Edexcel to change the status of the application?

suresh24513

Nov 2, 2017
I am a srilankan. I suffered from acute disseminated encephalamylitis in 2016. However i recovered from the disease completely within three months post adem attack. I went into coma for three weeks and paralyzed for around two months. I am fit right now. Not in medication for almost 18 months. Currently my crs score is 470. Will there be any issue interms of medical inadmissibility for me?

muralee29477

Aug 25, 2014
Hi Guys

First of all , thankyou for creating this forum thread.

The G.C.E O/L and A/L for spouse can be assessed by WES as it will help to increase some points.(equivalent to secondary education). Could any one in this forum share their experience.

In one of the requirements set by WES states that the certificate need to be sent in a sealed envelope and a seal , stamp or signature should be placed across the back flap of the envelope.

Thus appreciate if anybody have gone through this to share there experience.

tristonz

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hi Guys

First of all , thankyou for creating this forum thread.

The G.C.E O/L and A/L for spouse can be assessed by WES as it will help to increase some points.(equivalent to secondary education). Could any one in this forum share their experience.

In one of the requirements set by WES states that the certificate need to be sent in a sealed envelope and a seal , stamp or signature should be placed across the back flap of the envelope.

Thus appreciate if anybody have gone through this to share there experience.
Hi,

Not sure how to send the AL OL certificates. I never sent them. Only my degree certificate.

This might help. Try calling them. I’m sure many has faced similar situations before and asked them.

https://www.doenets.lk/exam/services.jsf

In your case I guess you’ll have to get the copy certified and sealed by someone at the examinations department or education department.

Reactions: muralee29477

tristonz

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
I am a srilankan. I suffered from acute disseminated encephalamylitis in 2016. However i recovered from the disease completely within three months post adem attack. I went into coma for three weeks and paralyzed for around two months. I am fit right now. Not in medication for almost 18 months. Currently my crs score is 470. Will there be any issue interms of medical inadmissibility for me?

Stop worrying about it. Just go for it. I mean, you’d lose nothing by trying. 470 means you can get an ITA in the very next draw. Good luck!!

Reactions: Nash87