+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Its really good that we have couple of Sri Lankans who are really active here in this forum. So that we can stick together for any ups and downs :) .
Yup, the ultimate goal of all us is to get our PPRs as soon as possible and land Canada...So, believe in ourselves. We all can do it!

Reactions: amypls4

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Hi! weren't any one of u guys requested to provide biometrcis at VFS?
Most of the guys here having their AORs prior to July 31st. So, we didn't need any biometrics.

I saw in the Canadian Immigration web site that it will be applicable to Asia from Dec 31st onwards. From Middle East and some of the other countries from July 31st onwards. Isn't that the case...What's your AOR?

Shalani

Jan 6, 2018
Most of the guys here having their AORs prior to July 31st. So, we didn't need any biometrics.

I saw in the Canadian Immigration web site that it will be applicable to Asia from Dec 31st onwards. From Middle East and some of the other countries from July 31st onwards. Isn't that the case...What's your AOR?
My AOR is on 31st of July. I was requested to submit biometrics at VFS in early October and there is no update afterwards.

qwertySL

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-06-2018
Passport Req..
21-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2019
My AOR is on 31st of July. I was requested to submit biometrics at VFS in early October and there is no update afterwards.
Are you in IP2? in what stage was bio-metric requested? IP1 or IP2?

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
What stage are you in? Did you Medicals get cleared? What I know is the process is much faster for the applicants who were asked to request biometrics...There are enough evidence if you have a look around different threads in this forum...

Reactions: Shalani

jayson_mires

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Could you please share your timeline? Didn't you order GCMS notes at least once...
AOR 7th April. I actually havent ordered GCMS notes, but now thinking of doing so.

I tried calling last night. Couldnt get through to an agent. However the automated voice says the same thing as Ralph's office, Eligibility is still in process, background hasnt started.

Have any of you succeeded in getting through to an agent?

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
AOR 7th April. I actually havent ordered GCMS notes, but now thinking of doing so.

I tried calling last night. Couldnt get through to an agent. However the automated voice says the same thing as Ralph's office, Eligibility is still in process, background hasnt started.

Sometimes, Eligibility "In Process" means it is Recommend Passed. But, that depends on case by case...the best option would be to order GCMS notes and look for the comments made by the Case Analyst...

qwertySL

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-06-2018
Passport Req..
21-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2019

Its better to order GCMS since you have passed 6 months. Ralph or the Call center people might not be accurate

qwertySL

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-06-2018
Passport Req..
21-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2019
Couldnt wait, emailed Ralph. Lets see of he replies

Reactions: amypls4

Shalani

Jan 6, 2018
Sometimes, Eligibility "In Process" means it is Recommend Passed. But, that depends on case by case...the best option would be to order GCMS notes and look for the comments made by the Case Analyst...
Do we receive an email when the status changes from IP1 to IP2?

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Do we receive an email when the status changes from IP1 to IP2?
Nope, you don't receive any email.You need to log into your account and watch out for any notifications...
After moving to IP2 stage, the Background Status would be changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Reactions: Shalani