+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Mexico let's share our experience here.

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
:D
My timeline in in my sign. Still waiting for PGR answer after almost 3 months.

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got PPR yesterday. You guys can check my timeline in my signature as well.

Just one big advise. Avoid the police clearance process thru the Canadian Embassy in Mexico! Is taking a lot of time. Is better do the process by yourself with the help of somebody in Mexico.

You can follow the instructions here:

http://archivo.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

Also, notice this is not something you can do since the beginning you need to wait for CIC's instructions.

Anything I could help let me know.

wsmolind

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am in the middle of the process, with the Police certificate having been requested just last week.

And yes, Macast. We also heard about the horrible experiences of getting the PC through the Embassy in Mexico and people waiting up to 6 months for it, so my husband and I decided to do it through family in Mexico. We are sending all the paperwork necessary to Mexico next week, and hopefully they should have it ready for us in 10 days. Fingers crossed!!

Timeline is below:

App submitted: Aug. 24
AOR: Aug. 24
ECAS Access: Sep. 1
CELPIP Requested: Sep. 1
CELPIP Submitted: Sep. 1
Meds passed: Sep. 8
BG Check: In Progress Sep. 8
Mexican PC requested: Sep. 27

ECAS Status: In Process, 5 lines.

I'll also try to help out with any questions anyone posts. Sharing all our experiences is really important since you learn what to do and what to avoid, like the Police Certificate situation.

Good luck, everyone!

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amazing!

Did you already got the letter from the Mexican Embassy in Canada? This is something a little bit confusing in the beginning:

Carta de solicitud de la constancia de datos registrales, expedida por la embajada, consulado o dependencia de gobierno con vigencia no mayor a tres meses después de la fecha de expedición, dirigida al titular de la Dirección General de Control de Procesos Penales Federales, o al delegado estatal correspondiente de la Procuraduría General de la República.

And don't forgot to send one more than one copy of "Carta poder simple" for each one of you. I suggest send some of them in blank (signed) just in case the PGR office gets picky.

wsmolind

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Macast,

Yes! Went two days ago. We told them which state we'd be requesting the letter at so they address it to the proper authorities, since the letter is addressed differently depending on who is in charge of the PGR office in each state. They said they'd have it in 3 days so hopefully they'll call today or Monday.

And that's a good tip about the carta poder. I hadn't thought about it. We'll send a couple of formats and multiple copies of each just in case, you never know!

Thanks for the tip! Hopefully someone reads this and follows suit, too!

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
My best wishes for you guys. And thanks to Macast, for give us this valuable tip.

I will share something.

My family and I wife and 4 kids. Did our medicals down in Calgary, in total I paid for each of us 300, don't remember exactly. We had to do a 8 hour trip, because in town, the price was 450 each just for the doctor's appointment. :eek:

Ok, everything went good, except that on one of my daughters (13 years old), we got an mail asking for lab exams again. So I thought, well no proble I can do that in town.
We went to the lab, and they send us to the hospital, everything went good there did the exams, and go home.
We got notice that our medicals were good and aproved...yay!!!
Until I got the bill...780 cad...just for that las lab test!!!!

gamecockbc

Oct 8, 2015
I submitted my PC request on Aug. 27th to the embassy. But given what I just read to do it myself, I need to know:

1. So you have to go to the Canadian Embassy and get the letter. (The person going has to have a Carta Poder?)
2. Get a letter addressed to the state in which I am processing it. (Coahuila in my case)
3. Send this letter to my family in Coahuila.
4. Send another Carta Poder to them to go to the PGR office.
5. Send the fingerprints and all the documents to my family in Coahuila.
6. They go and apply
7. Wait 10 days for it.
8. Once they have it... DO THEY SEND IT TO OTTAWA directly? Or send it to me, then I scan and send to OTTAWA?

Please clarify if all of this is correct and answer number 8.

Gracias!!!

wsmolind

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamecockbc said:
I submitted my PC request on Aug. 27th to the embassy. But given what I just read to do it myself, I need to know:

1. So you have to go to the Canadian Embassy and get the letter. (The person going has to have a Carta Poder?)
2. Get a letter addressed to the state in which I am processing it. (Coahuila in my case)
6. They go and apply
7. Wait 10 days for it.
8. Once they have it... DO THEY SEND IT TO OTTAWA directly? Or send it to me, then I scan and send to OTTAWA?

Gracias!!!
Hello,

Everything you say is correct. Regarding #8, from what I understand, they send the letter to YOU and you upload it on the CIC website along with the other documents you submitted. That's what I've heard everyone who gets it in person does, unless someone else has done it differently. Hopefully someone who's already done it can clarify for us!

Hope it helps!

g0nz0

Oct 8, 2015
HI,

I need your help guys. I have a Bachelors Degree equivalent from Mexico, in which I already have an ECA from WES. I also have a One Year Diploma in Canada. I've updated my info for Bachelors Degree but my points didnt changed at all . I have 90 for my Level of Education. I Believe I should have 120 at least.

I have 441 points, Im sure if get those points Im in the next round

Thank you !

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamecockbc said:

6. They go and apply
7. Wait 10 days for it.

Gracias!!!
1. Mexican Embassy in Canada not Canadian Embassy. You don't need any "Carta Poder" I even did this remotely sending a bank statement (to provee my address) and Passport copies to the Mexican embassy in Calgary. Give them a call to the closest embassy to you.

8. They give it to your relative after 10 working days, you relative scan that document and you send that document to translation, I used this company https://talberta.ca/, they make translations from digital copies (so you save the time) and they can even scan to you the translated outcome (so you save more time)

Is important to understand in this step, EE doesn't need "original" copies, because everything is via MyCIC, so don't waste time sending documents via traditional mail if is not necessary.

9. Upload both, translated and original to MyCIC.

Good luck and let me know if you need more help

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g0nz0 said:
HI,

I need your help guys. I have a Bachelors Degree equivalent from Mexico, in which I already have an ECA from WES. I also have a One Year Diploma in Canada. I've updated my info for Bachelors Degree but my points didnt changed at all . I have 90 for my Level of Education. I Believe I should have 120 at least.

Thank you !
This is out of my league, you should create a new topic, this is something a lot of guys from other counties could help you.

wsmolind

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g0nz0 said:
HI,

Thank you !
Hello,

I can think of two reasons why your points haven't updated. One is that you updated your Express Entry profile but didn't SUBMIT your update (update and transmit the update to CIC all the way to the end.) This happened to me once. Just because you changed something on your profile doesn't mean that change has been trasmitted to Immigration. It's just changed on your profile, but not updated on the general Express Entry pool. Are you sure you didn't just update and save your application, but didn't go all the way through to the "Transmitted" stage? Double check just in case.

The second reason might be that the wrong option is selected on the Education section. On the Eduaction section, you have many options and it might get a bit confusing because they all sound the same. But if you have a Bachelor equivalent and a post-secondary diploma, I believe the correct option should be "Two or more post-secondary credentials, with at least one of them being 3+ years." Double check this is selected, also.

If none of these apply, then I suggest speaking to CIC directly on one of their help support numbers, maybe it's an unfortunate glitch you have encountered!

Good luck, hope it helps!

smuniverse

Sep 18, 2016
Qué onda, paisanos.

I need a little bit of orientation. I just recently got ITA in October 19th, 2016, and I'm currently gathering all the required documents.

Unfortunately, I'm struggling with the "Proof of Funds" letter; my bank basically doesn't want to provide such letter with all the information requested by CIC (they are unwilling to include current balance and average balance of the past six months).

Have you gone through a similar situation? Were you able to convince your bank to provide such document?

Another option that I'm thinking is to go with my bank statements, but since I have four different accounts (and each statement is 4 pages long), a lot of pages would need to be translated and I don't ever think I'd be able to upload such big PDF document (due to the 4MB filesize restriction.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smuniverse said:
Qué onda, paisanos.

I need a little bit of orientation. I just recently got ITA in October 19th, 2016, and I'm currently gathering all the required documents.

Unfortunately, I'm struggling with the "Proof of Funds" letter; my bank basically doesn't want to provide such letter with all the information requested by CIC (they are unwilling to include current balance and average balance of the past six months).

Have you gone through a similar situation? Were you able to convince your bank to provide such document?

Another option that I'm thinking is to go with my bank statements, but since I have four different accounts (and each statement is 4 pages long), a lot of pages would need to be translated and I don't ever think I'd be able to upload such big PDF document (due to the 4MB filesize restriction.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Fortunately I know the branch manager where I opened my Scotiabank account so I won't have any issues obtaining what is required.

You can always use: https://smallpdf.com to compress pdf files.

A rather extreme measure would be to transfer to funds to a bank that is willing to provide the letter you need. In this case you would have to show proof that the transfer was made from one bank to another to avoid any issues.

Cheers ;)

smuniverse

Sep 18, 2016
Thanks DelPiero07. I will make pressure to the bank to get things done right.

Another question; what do you think about this?

I studied at Tecnológico de Monterrey, and Servicios Escolares is able to provide official translations of the diploma and transcript. These are signed by the Institution's Registrar, has a seal plus a statement that according to law XXX this is a valid translation.

I would think this is good to go for the PR application; the only thing that pops up in mind is that this translation does not come with an affidavit (but since the translation comes from the official source and has legal validity, I would assume this is enough).

What are your thoughts on this?