+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants for Citizenship *submitting* their files in March 2014

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to start a new topic for people applying in the new year, particularly March 2014. I submitted my file March 5th, so far I have not heard back (yes, I know its to early to tell!) I can only hope that my application is in the same route, with those applicants who have been included in the faster route.

I have heard from several friends have submitted everything in September 2013, have heard back in Jan-Feb 2014, to take test and do their oath.

Feel free to share recent stories on receiving your AOR or any other notification!

Sharing is Caring!

parlvu

Mar 7, 2014
Mine is in the mail :)

I submitted a lot of documentation, like employment letter, T4s, income tax returns, CBSA report, rental agreements, etc.

Did you submit any additional docs?

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
I thought about it, but decided not to submit any additonal files. When I applied for my PR I did and I think it helped? But who knows - thw reality is, is that at the end of the day it really depends on the agent that reviews your file.

the only extra details i can think of me submitting was just including extra details on the time out of the country. With detail to reason of leaving etc. ..

What country are you applying from? Also where do you think your application will be processed at? Im in Ottawa! Does anyone know, how cic manages the location of where the file gets reviwed?

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application on March 12, delivered on March 17. Didn't submit additional documents.
The only thing I'm worried about is that I lost my passport two years ago. Since this lost passport is not in my possession any more, I attached a letter to the photocopies of bio pages of my passports, explaining that I had lost one of them. However, I didn't sing that letter, and I'm afraid they return my application because I didn't sign that letter.

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
Hello All

I mailed my CIT appl along with two of my minor children on 12 March 2014 from Scarborough,Ontario received at Sydney on 17 March.

In addition to the mandatory documents per application, I also included Rental agreement,Rent receipts, Child Education Records, Health card extension confirmation,T4 for 2011-2013 for 2013 included T4E employment insurance statement, educational documents while in Canada.

I also included a covering letter in which I mentioned that I recently(03 March 2014) applied for renewal of permanent residence card, attached proof of delivery of the application as evidence of the same. Should have included all pages of my passport but decided not to as CIC already has my passport for my PR renewal(I should have included -afterthought)

Lets stay in touch and good luck to all

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
@EdmontonM: they may either choose to send the complete application back or ask you to mail the signed copy of the letter to CIC- so pray for the latter.

Forgot to mention I also included my NOA for FY2010-2013 (4years in total). I traveled extensively 328 days(12 trips to USA, 4Trips to India) out of the country, actual presence 1132 out of 1456 days, I am very skeptical but I am not bothered of the delay, I intend to get a job in the Government and citizenship is a requirement so if it is delayed beyond reasonable timelines will decide on the course of action then....

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, Please update the sheet at my signature. Its for Year 2014 applicants

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
AHHHHHHH! Just checked my mail and got my application back. I didnt sign the main application, so everything had been sent back to me. The good new (i guess... is that I sent the application on the 5th and it has been stamped for March 7th. Which means that it is moving by faster.

Just thought I would update everyone and let you all know. I will be resending everything back tomorrow, WITH EVERYTHING SIGNED for next day delivery.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LApollo said:
I sent the application on the 5th and it has been stamped for March 7th. Which means that it is moving by faster.
Which means that CIC returned your application within 20 days. I noticed for other applicants took 2 month for return for signing or other issues. Good to see CIC moving fast..

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
Yes, it seems as though the file wont go back to the zero spot? Im not entirely sure.

They asked me to include a sheet with some details (I suspect the agents initials?)

Has anyone else received their application back with a form to resubmit??

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
I am applying April 1st week.. Lapollo: what kind of extra details u gave regarding your travelling..

Any advise for me guys.. ? I am only sending what is requested... I did 2 travelling each 30days roughly...