+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants being processed in Paris VO - Let's connect here

roger_cat

Oct 1, 2016
Hi
first of all, congrats ! ;)
Just in case, I sent the photocopies of all the pages of our passports (that were new as well) and it worked. But if I am not mistaken I've seen somewhere in the forum that bio pages are sufficient ... but still ... I recommend to send the photocopies of all pages ....

for your 2nd question, I don't know what is the safest option (because I don't know what is VAC Paris) but for my case, I just had one choice which was the Embassy :
Immigration section / UPV
Embassy of Canada
37 Avenue Montaigne
75008 Paris, France

and it worked perfectly ...

I hope this helps ...
good luck

Thanks Ponjoub, It helps a lot. I'm going to photocopy all passport pages in case :). VAC is a Visa Application Center that provides assistance with visa applications, I guess for those that are outside France probably. I'm sending all my docs to the Embassy by mail like you did.
Thanks again for your help!

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Thanks Ponjoub, It helps a lot. I'm going to photocopy all passport pages in case :). VAC is a Visa Application Center that provides assistance with visa applications, I guess for those that are outside France probably. I'm sending all my docs to the Embassy by mail like you did.
Thanks again for your help!
btw, just make sure you send your docs with a registered post mail or courier (DHL, UPS, Fedex or whatever courier service you have in Spain) so that you can follow up with the Embassy.
fyi, I experienced this situation ... between the moment the Embassy receives the courier and the moment your courier is dispatched to the dedicated service => it can take few days ...(mine was received by the dedicated service 2 days after my courier was actually delivered at the Embassy (reception desk)).

Good luck and all the best for the next phases ;)
Cheers

roger_cat

Oct 1, 2016
btw, just make sure you send your docs with a registered post mail or courier (DHL, UPS, Fedex or whatever courier service you have in Spain) so that you can follow up with the Embassy.
fyi, I experienced this situation ... between the moment the Embassy receives the courier and the moment your courier is dispatched to the dedicated service => it can take few days ...(mine was received by the dedicated service 2 days after my courier was actually delivered at the Embassy (reception desk)).

Good luck and all the best for the next phases ;)
Cheers
Hi Ponjoub,

Sorry to bother you again. I just sent all the documents yesterday to the Embassy using UPS courier service. The Embassy has received the documents this morning, at their reception desk (I know it thanks to the UPS tracker). Just to confirm, in your case it took like 2 days to send all the documents back via the courier, is that right?

I hope there won't be any problem, I included a prepaid return envelope with my application as indicated in the PPR email, but I haven't found any way to contact the Embassy if I don't see my track back in a reasonable period of time (4-5 days after reception).

Thanks for your help and advice!!

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hi Ponjoub,

Sorry to bother you again. I just sent all the documents yesterday to the Embassy using UPS courier service. The Embassy has received the documents this morning, at their reception desk (I know it thanks to the UPS tracker). Just to confirm, in your case it took like 2 days to send all the documents back via the courier, is that right?

I hope there won't be any problem, I included a prepaid return envelope with my application as indicated in the PPR email, but I haven't found any way to contact the Embassy if I don't see my track back in a reasonable period of time (4-5 days after reception).

Thanks for your help and advice!!
Hello,
they don't display any phone number but you can contact the embassy with this email : parisimmigration@international.gc.ca

for me, as per the tracking system of my courier service => the reception desk at the embassy received my documents on a Tuesday but I know for sure that on Thursday (meaning 2 days after), the dedicated service hadn't received yet my documents because I received a call from them (coz I sent an email to them stating that there might have a problem in the post mail address they have in their records ... so they called me back to confirm that they well received my "instructions" email with the correct address). So during this call, the lady told me that she hadn't received yet the docs but told me to not worry coz it often takes 2-3 days from the moment the documents are delivered at the reception desk and the moment the documents are actually received by the dedicated service/department.
then finally, on Friday, they sent me an email stating that they have received the docs and processed my COPR which has been sent by post mail the same day. I finally received in my mail box the COPR on following Tuesday. So overall, it took approx. 1 week from the time the docs had been delivered to the reception desk until I received the COPR in my post mail (but I am in France so I guess it could take a bit longer for you since you are in Spain).

However, I not sure whether this is a standard timeline for everyone and if they contact everyone by email. I guess they contacted me by email because I sent them an email for a potential issue with the post mail address.

in any case, do not worry ... there shouldn't be any problem ... just make sure to cross check all the details on the COPR once you receive it.
If you want to get reassured, you may drop them an email with all your details to ask them if they can keep you posted on the process (however, not sure they will accept coz I don't see them doing that for all applicants seeing the increase of applications they are facing ...)

Good luck ... you're almost there ;)
Cheers and have a nice week end

Reactions: roger_cat

mariodaher

Dec 12, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Hello everyone,

Quick question to you since I'm in the same case as everyone recently active on this thread:

AOR was back in 5th November 2016.
My medicals were sent on May 15.

Few days ago Paris VO asked me for this:

- RPRF
- Biometric pages and Renewal of passports since they have short validity (no photos or eye color).
- Brief CV/RESUME of my spouse
(MyCIC still not updated, showing as in progress)

My questions are:

- Should I expect PPR soon or was this request a normal on concerning the validity of my passport?
- Any indication that at this phase the Background Check is over?
- Any "decent" guess as to how much time should I expect before real PPR?

Thank you and good luck to all.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hello everyone,

Quick question to you since I'm in the same case as everyone recently active on this thread:

AOR was back in 5th November 2016.
My medicals were sent on May 15.

Few days ago Paris VO asked me for this:

- RPRF
- Biometric pages and Renewal of passports since they have short validity (no photos or eye color).
- Brief CV/RESUME of my spouse
(MyCIC still not updated, showing as in progress)

My questions are:

- Should I expect PPR soon or was this request a normal on concerning the validity of my passport?
- Any indication that at this phase the Background Check is over?
- Any "decent" guess as to how much time should I expect before real PPR?

Thank you and good luck to all.

Hi,
receiving RPRF request is generally a good sign but no sure how long after this request you would receive the PPR coz I have seen some applicants waiting for several weeks to receive PPR after RPRF request ...

regarding the passports matters => when is the expiry date of your passports ?

the best way for you to have any idea on what is the status of your file is either to call CIC or order your GCMS notes.
However, GCMS notes takes generally 3-4 weeks to be delivered and the information inside may be obsolete coz it was issued few weeks before your receive it ...

for my case, I ordered 3 GCMS notes in 3 months showing almost the same information (in short, my background check was not even started) then suddenly I received the PPR while I was not really expecting it ...
but every cases seem different ...

anyway good luck and all the best

roger_cat

Oct 1, 2016
Hello,
they don't display any phone number but you can contact the embassy with this email : parisimmigration@international.gc.ca

for me, as per the tracking system of my courier service => the reception desk at the embassy received my documents on a Tuesday but I know for sure that on Thursday (meaning 2 days after), the dedicated service hadn't received yet my documents because I received a call from them (coz I sent an email to them stating that there might have a problem in the post mail address they have in their records ... so they called me back to confirm that they well received my "instructions" email with the correct address). So during this call, the lady told me that she hadn't received yet the docs but told me to not worry coz it often takes 2-3 days from the moment the documents are delivered at the reception desk and the moment the documents are actually received by the dedicated service/department.
then finally, on Friday, they sent me an email stating that they have received the docs and processed my COPR which has been sent by post mail the same day. I finally received in my mail box the COPR on following Tuesday. So overall, it took approx. 1 week from the time the docs had been delivered to the reception desk until I received the COPR in my post mail (but I am in France so I guess it could take a bit longer for you since you are in Spain).

However, I not sure whether this is a standard timeline for everyone and if they contact everyone by email. I guess they contacted me by email because I sent them an email for a potential issue with the post mail address.

in any case, do not worry ... there shouldn't be any problem ... just make sure to cross check all the details on the COPR once you receive it.
If you want to get reassured, you may drop them an email with all your details to ask them if they can keep you posted on the process (however, not sure they will accept coz I don't see them doing that for all applicants seeing the increase of applications they are facing ...)

Good luck ... you're almost there ;)
Cheers and have a nice week end

Hi Ponjoub!

I received today the COPR from the embassy, so 1 week including courier transport time, quite fast. Are you currently in Canada? I'm planning to fly soon, probably next month, but I wanted to share a couple of doubts I have:

1) In application details there's a "Province of destination" and "City of destination". It says BC and Vancouver. Do you know if it is mandatory to land there? I don't remember saying BC was my preference, and even if I did, my stream is general FSWO (no PNP) so I guess it doesn't matter the Port of Entry you choose. Am I right?

2) In the FUNDS section of the attached document, it indicates "every principal applicant in the economic class should have in hand $10,000 Canadian dollars plus $2000 for each accompanying dependent. This includes cash, money orders and traveller's cheques".
I was considering to bring an updated proof of funds letter from my bank, but 10,000 dollars cash means that I will have to declare it at the entrance and I don't like to carry that amount considering I have a bank account in Spain with funds, credit cards, etc. Do you know what people usually do in this case?

Thanks for all your help!

Roger

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hi Ponjoub!

I received today the COPR from the embassy, so 1 week including courier transport time, quite fast. Are you currently in Canada? I'm planning to fly soon, probably next month, but I wanted to share a couple of doubts I have:

1) In application details there's a "Province of destination" and "City of destination". It says BC and Vancouver. Do you know if it is mandatory to land there? I don't remember saying BC was my preference, and even if I did, my stream is general FSWO (no PNP) so I guess it doesn't matter the Port of Entry you choose. Am I right?

2) In the FUNDS section of the attached document, it indicates "every principal applicant in the economic class should have in hand $10,000 Canadian dollars plus $2000 for each accompanying dependent. This includes cash, money orders and traveller's cheques".
I was considering to bring an updated proof of funds letter from my bank, but 10,000 dollars cash means that I will have to declare it at the entrance and I don't like to carry that amount considering I have a bank account in Spain with funds, credit cards, etc. Do you know what people usually do in this case?

Thanks for all your help!

Roger
Hi Roger,

Good to hear ! ;) Indeed, it was quite fast :)
I am not in Canada yet but I plan to land in Calgary around mid of August. Lucky for me I got a job over there because it was my targeted city in my application ;).
When I had the lady of the Embassy in Paris on the phone (1 week after I received my COPR because she called me back to make sure that I have well received the COPR), I had the same question and she told me that it is just an indication. If you land anywhere else => it is still OK. And with your FSWO stream, indeed you are not "blocked" to a specific province ... Also, I have seen on the forum that some applicants landed in a different place than the one mentioned on the COPR.
If I am not mistaken, this part is filled in during the Express Entry/e-APR when CIC asks your preferred province and city of destination.

For the funds, actually, I am like you ... I don't like to carry so much money with me and I plan to provide only my bank e-statements and the job letter of offer as proof (coz having a bank letter from my bank in Singapore (I used to live in Singapore in the past) will be quite a challenge again ...) but I am not sure at all whether the bank e-statement will be accepted...
I have seen somewhere on the forum that some applicants have not been facing any issues regarding this funds matters but for this point => I am really not sure at all. But I believe that if you provide a written proof containing your name and the funds amounts available => it should be OK

If you find any confirmation about this funds matters, please share with me ;)

Cheers

roger_cat

Oct 1, 2016
Hi Roger,

Good to hear ! ;) Indeed, it was quite fast :)
I am not in Canada yet but I plan to land in Calgary around mid of August. Lucky for me I got a job over there because it was my targeted city in my application ;).
When I had the lady of the Embassy in Paris on the phone (1 week after I received my COPR because she called me back to make sure that I have well received the COPR), I had the same question and she told me that it is just an indication. If you land anywhere else => it is still OK. And with your FSWO stream, indeed you are not "blocked" to a specific province ... Also, I have seen on the forum that some applicants landed in a different place than the one mentioned on the COPR.
If I am not mistaken, this part is filled in during the Express Entry/e-APR when CIC asks your preferred province and city of destination.

For the funds, actually, I am like you ... I don't like to carry so much money with me and I plan to provide only my bank e-statements and the job letter of offer as proof (coz having a bank letter from my bank in Singapore (I used to live in Singapore in the past) will be quite a challenge again ...) but I am not sure at all whether the bank e-statement will be accepted...
I have seen somewhere on the forum that some applicants have not been facing any issues regarding this funds matters but for this point => I am really not sure at all. But I believe that if you provide a written proof containing your name and the funds amounts available => it should be OK

If you find any confirmation about this funds matters, please share with me ;)

Cheers
Congratulations for your job! I visited Calgary in February and I loved that city, the weather is better than many people think (just two or three -20ºC weeks, but really sunny and some warm weeks in winter thanks to the chinook). The city is lovely and so do the surroundings.
I will update the bank letter that shows proof of funds, I will carry like 8-9k (below 10k) and I will probably arrange Airbnb for 2 months in advance (that way I can proof I have no shelter costs associated for at least 2 months).
If I find any interesting info I'll share it with you ;)

Cheers!

Reactions: PonJoub

AmBiNa

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 13, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 10, 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 24, 2016
Dear all,

I received my copr today
Thanks all for your help and wish you great luck ahead in your lives.
I am planning to land in Toronto by the end of July. And I couldn't find an airbnb to rent for several months. Could you please give me any usefull websites to find any kind of one bedroom places for reasonable prices in or around toronto.

Thanks a lot in advance and wish you best luck

Reactions: babynoufette

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Dear all,

I received my copr today
I am planning to land in Toronto by the end of July. And I couldn't find an airbnb to rent for several months. Could you please give me any usefull websites to find any kind of one bedroom places for reasonable prices in or around toronto.

Hi AmBiNa,
Good to hear and wish you all the best ;).
Unfortunately, I do not know Toronto so I cannot help you. Sorry.
Please do share your landing experience (especially regarding the proof of funds matters ...)
Thanks in advance ;)

Cheers

roger_cat

Oct 1, 2016
Dear all,

I received my copr today

Hello AmBiNa,

First of all congratulations and good luck. I am also flying to Toronto, but in August. I will be sharing an apartment in East Toronto for 2 months, I booked it through Airbnb. I couldn't find many mid-long term rentals (2 to 3 months), so I understand what you say. You have the possibility to try to find a place for 2-3 weeks, although that would mean moving again at the end of the rental, but at least you have a place to stay for some weeks.

I checked other websites, here my comments:
- Roomster: I found many fake ads, so be careful. Pay 1 week service if you want and write to all those ads that you consider match your expectations. Again, check it carefully.
- Craiglist: probably the best option. Just try to find someone that is moving to another apartment, or that you can stay for a couple of months. Sometimes they ask to stay at least 1 year, or to bring credit history, or proof of employment, etc. (I don't know if you can bring that documents). Also check if the apartment is fully furnished (including your bedroom) or not, and if utilities are included or not.
- Roomlala: I haven't checked it, but could work.
- EasyRoomate: same as Roomlala.

Let us know if you succeeded finding a place. Can you share your experience with us after your landing? @PonJoub and I were wondering what to do with the $10,000 the COPR says you should consider bringing with you.

Cheers!

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Hello AmBiNa,

First of all congratulations and good luck. I am also flying to Toronto, but in August. I will be sharing an apartment in East Toronto for 2 months, I booked it through Airbnb. I couldn't find many mid-long term rentals (2 to 3 months), so I understand what you say. You have the possibility to try to find a place for 2-3 weeks, although that would mean moving again at the end of the rental, but at least you have a place to stay for some weeks.

I checked other websites, here my comments:
- Roomster: I found many fake ads, so be careful. Pay 1 week service if you want and write to all those ads that you consider match your expectations. Again, check it carefully.
- Craiglist: probably the best option. Just try to find someone that is moving to another apartment, or that you can stay for a couple of months. Sometimes they ask to stay at least 1 year, or to bring credit history, or proof of employment, etc. (I don't know if you can bring that documents). Also check if the apartment is fully furnished (including your bedroom) or not, and if utilities are included or not.
- Roomlala: I haven't checked it, but could work.
- EasyRoomate: same as Roomlala.

Let us know if you succeeded finding a place. Can you share your experience with us after your landing? @PonJoub and I were wondering what to do with the $10,000 the COPR says you should consider bringing with you.

Cheers!
Hi Roger,

I got a reply from one of the active member (who landed in May) and he told me that they did not even ask at the port of entry for the proof of fund matters. He told me to bring the credit card and latest account status with us.
So I think that bringing the latest account status + bank letter + showing the credit/debit card would be sufficient ...

Cheers

roger_cat

Oct 1, 2016
Hi Roger,

I got a reply from one of the active member (who landed in May) and he told me that they did not even ask at the port of entry for the proof of fund matters. He told me to bring the credit card and latest account status with us.
So I think that bringing the latest account status + bank letter + showing the credit/debit card would be sufficient ...

Cheers
Hi PonJoub,
Great to know, it makes sense. If you provide proof of funds of your bank and associated cards would be enough (considering you have funds of course). I am going to show proof of rental payment for the first 2 months (Airbnb) as well if they ask, but I heard someone that travelled with his family and weren't asked to show any proof of funds.
Good to clarify, let's hope we are lucky as well.

Cheers!!

Reactions: PonJoub

pogunwomoju

Sep 21, 2016
Hi guys,
Congrats to you all...apparently i just got notified that my VO is Paris. My timeline is:
AOR - 9/04/2017
Med. - 11/06/2017
BG - NA since then

I hope Paris office is fast now.