+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants based on Colombo VO

wow

Mar 17, 2011
Hi Sagara,

Conradz!!!!! What a good news.....

By the way Sagara, who is your agent? I also did my medical during March, but still I didn't hear anything. Could you please tell me whether CHC has given a call to your agent or an email.

Thanks for sharing your good news with us.

WOW

tharakah

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with main file
File Transfer...
09-02-2010
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
13-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
LANDED..........
21-07-2012
Congratulations! Sagara

I found this on MARIO D. BELLISSIMO blog. Hope this will shed some light on the tentative time for processing of applications.

A Response I read from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC):

There are approximately 335,000 people in the pre-February 28, 2008 FSW backlog. As of December 2010, 80% of pre-C50 applications (applications received before February 27, 2008) are being processed within 62 months, a decrease of a peak of 68 months in 2007. The number of applicants in the pre-C50 backlog also represents a decrease of over 48% in just over two years from when the first set of Ministerial Instructions were introduced. To date, the FSW backlog reduction has surpassed previous projections set by the department.

As of December 2010, there are approximately 165,000 people in the MI1 (cases received between Feb 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010) inventory. Processing times are currently seventeen months for these cases.

There are approximately 8,000 people in the MI2 (cases received on or after June 26, 2010) inventory. There currently exists insufficient data for processing times for these cases, however, the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) is now completing eligibility reviews in a matter of weeks. The first permanent resident visa under MI2 was also recently issued in Lima within 5.5 months of receipt at the CIO.

At this time, Federal Skilled Worker applications from Haiti are not being processed. All efforts continue to be given to Family Class, Dependents of Refugees and Québec Special Measures cases from Haiti. In the coming months, the Mexico City visa office will begin processing all applications from Haiti in the economic categories, including Quebec Skilled Workers, provincial nominees and Federal Skilled Workers.

sagara

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Dear All

The Embassy has issued my VISA !!
But My Consultant has to hand over the passport to the VO and get it stamped
Regs
Sagara

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
tharakah said:
Congratulations! Sagara

I found this on MARIO D. BELLISSIMO blog. Hope this will shed some light on the tentative time for processing of applications.

A Response I read from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC):

There are approximately 335,000 people in the pre-February 28, 2008 FSW backlog. As of December 2010, 80% of pre-C50 applications (applications received before February 27, 2008) are being processed within 62 months, a decrease of a peak of 68 months in 2007. The number of applicants in the pre-C50 backlog also represents a decrease of over 48% in just over two years from when the first set of Ministerial Instructions were introduced. To date, the FSW backlog reduction has surpassed previous projections set by the department.

As of December 2010, there are approximately 165,000 people in the MI1 (cases received between Feb 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010) inventory. Processing times are currently seventeen months for these cases.

There are approximately 8,000 people in the MI2 (cases received on or after June 26, 2010) inventory. There currently exists insufficient data for processing times for these cases, however, the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) is now completing eligibility reviews in a matter of weeks. The first permanent resident visa under MI2 was also recently issued in Lima within 5.5 months of receipt at the CIO.

At this time, Federal Skilled Worker applications from Haiti are not being processed. All efforts continue to be given to Family Class, Dependents of Refugees and Québec Special Measures cases from Haiti. In the coming months, the Mexico City visa office will begin processing all applications from Haiti in the economic categories, including Quebec Skilled Workers, provincial nominees and Federal Skilled Workers.
Very good info....+1 for you

wow

Mar 17, 2011
I went to CHC in Colombo today to make an inquiry as it has been 4 months after doing my medicals. Then the lady at the counter told me that my case is finalized and asked didn’t I get a call from them. Also advised to submit my passport. Luckily I got the passport with me and I submitted it. :)
Then she asked me to come in the evening to collect it.

The only advice I can give for those who are waiting for medicals and PP request, please check with CHC though you went with an agent. I went with an agent but after submitting the second set of document, they didn’t contact my agent for anything. Wired though but that is the reality :-X

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Congrats WOW and all the best, This is also great news to all the pre june2010 applicants.... It shows movement in CHC Colombo. I am still waiting for my medicals. My case went in to IN PROCESS in May 2010. However since NOC 4121 is not in the 29 occupation list, its not won't be processed under fast track. So something positive to look forward to.....

All the best guys.....

wow

Mar 17, 2011
Hi, Even I applied under IT Manager, which is not there in the new list. I think you better go to CHC in Colombo and check. As I told you all my case was bit odd.

1. Two Months postal delay on my medical request( CHC has posted in Jan, I got the letter in March)
2. CHC has finalized the case, but didn't inform me for passport request

So even if you have an agent pl check with CHC, Colombo.

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
wow said:
I went to CHC in Colombo today to make an inquiry as it has been 4 months after doing my medicals. Then the lady at the counter told me that my case is finalized and asked didn't I get a call from them. Also advised to submit my passport. Luckily I got the passport with me and I submitted it. :)
Then she asked me to come in the evening to collect it.

The only advice I can give for those who are waiting for medicals and PP request, please check with CHC though you went with an agent. I went with an agent but after submitting the second set of document, they didn't contact my agent for anything. Wired though but that is the reality :-X
WOW!!! This is amazing how they can work like this? She even asked you about a phone call????!!!!! Who is the person who has to give you call? I think this is the same person who has to reply to my emails?????!!!!!! I am writing emails like to nowhere it is never relied.....( only once after sending email to Mr. Kenney, Colombo replied with 2 lines) You are very lucky man! In my case unfortunately I can't just walk in into the Embassy as we are living now in India ;-(((( Anyway this is very good news for all of us!!!! Embassy is working inside, without any communication with outside world!All the best for all who had applied through Colombo CHC!!!

wow

Mar 17, 2011
Yes, I think at least you can send some one on behalf of you to check the status. You can send that person with a letter saying the reason why you cannot make it by your self.

Don't wait for single mint, nothing is like giving a try.

Good Luck !!!

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Hi Wow,

I did go to the CHC Colombo about 2 months back. When inquired, they said my file is with the visa officer and they don't have anymore information. They also said that they our unable to give a time line for Medical Req. I've made a case specific inquiry with no response from them (over 1 month ago) Finally i decided to order CAIPS. Hopefully that will have some information as to where my case is at the moment.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers!

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
wow said:
Yes, I think at least you can send some one on behalf of you to check the status. You can send that person with a letter saying the reason why you cannot make it by your self.

Don't wait for single mint, nothing is like giving a try.

Good Luck !!!
Hi WOW!!!! I have a few questions, which I would like to ask:
1) You said that your MR was delay for 2 months, so was it delay coz of Post office and did you ( or you representative) got an email before that you MR was sent to you by post. Are you living in Sri Lanka? Or it was delay coz mail has to go much far away. I am asking as we are currently based in India and our 2nd AOR missed on it way from SL to India ;-( and it took me app 2 month of waiting and emailing to HC to find out about our new file number ;-(.
2)What did you do about this delay, did VO sent you new Medical Instructions or else?
3) How long it took for you from the day MR was received by VO to stamp your visa?
Thanks a lot for your time ;-) Good luck!!!!

wow

Mar 17, 2011
Hi await,

I think you better check again from CHC-Colombo. I think till you get your medicals better to check at least every month as there can be postal delays too. (which I had)

Good Luck!

Wow

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
await said:
Hi Wow,

I did go to the CHC Colombo about 2 months back. When inquired, they said my file is with the visa officer and they don't have anymore information. They also said that they our unable to give a time line for Medical Req. I've made a case specific inquiry with no response from them (over 1 month ago) Finally i decided to order CAIPS. Hopefully that will have some information as to where my case is at the moment.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers!
Hi Await! I think we are also in the same situation as you. I sent case specific inquire in June and got answer that our file was paper screened and it is with VO in the Q. That is it. If you will get any response from them please let me know. Regards and good luck!!!

wow

Mar 17, 2011
marvik2011 said:
Hi WOW!!!! I have a few questions, which I would like to ask:
1) You said that your MR was delay for 2 months, so was it delay coz of Post office and did you ( or you representative) got an email before that you MR was sent to you by post. Are you living in Sri Lanka? Or it was delay coz mail has to go much far away. I am asking as we are currently based in India and our 2nd AOR missed on it way from SL to India ;-( and it took me app 2 month of waiting and emailing to HC to find out about our new file number ;-(.
2)What did you do about this delay, did VO sent you new Medical Instructions or else?
3) How long it took for you from the day MR was received by VO to stamp your visa?
Thanks a lot for your time ;-) Good luck!!!!

1) I'm in Sri Lanka-Colombo 08. I didn't get any email, not even to my agent. Just normal postal mail(not a register mail) . CHC -Colombo has posted during Jan(as per the seal on the stamp ). Agent was not aware about the medicals till I informed him. ;D
2) My agent send an email and got an extension from the CHC, but there we 52-55 days delay and I had few days too (managed to get it on time, before expiring 60 days time limit)
3) Did my medicals on March 24th and took 4 months to get the passport request( which is yesterday morning) and got the passport with visa yesterday it self after 3p.m.Agent was not aware about the medicals till I informed him, that I got my PR. ;D

Good Luck !

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
Thanks a lot!!! We do not have any agent, but this is so strange that from Colombo-3 to Colombo-8 it took 2 months ;-(....Oh my god I hope we will receive something soon!!!!I just don't understand why are they doing this to us?Is it so difficult to sent some info by email? Fingers crossed and hope for the best!!!