+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant sent out without NOA

sidhuti007

Aug 13, 2014
I sent out my Family class application (To sponsor my wife) to Case Processing Center (Nova Scotia) on July 30th, 2021. I didn't include a Notice of Assessment, since I didn't have one. I am very recently employed in Canada, and It would take me more than a year to get the NOA. The problem is, I did not include a letter that explains the scenario

I think I should send them a new courier that contains the PR card copy, a cover letter that has my email id, name, UCI number, Also Employment Letter, pay stubs, bank balance (I already included these three on the application I sent out on July 30th), etc.

Also maybe create a webform and submit these as well as attachments.

Do you think any of this will help?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I sent out my Family class application (To sponsor my wife) to Case Processing Center (Nova Scotia) on July 30th, 2021. I didn't include a Notice of Assessment, since I didn't have one. I am very recently employed in Canada, and It would take me more than a year to get the NOA. The problem is, I did not include a letter that explains the scenario

I think I should send them a new courier that contains the PR card copy, a cover letter that has my email id, name, UCI number, Also Employment Letter, pay stubs, bank balance (I already included these three on the application I sent out on July 30th), etc.

Also maybe create a webform and submit these as well as attachments.

Do you think any of this will help?
Regardless of whether you worked in Canada in 2020, if you were living here as a PR or citizen you are required to file income taxes even if you had no income. If you did that you would have a NOA. I don't know whether sending another package to them will get joined together with what you have already submitted. I suggest filing 2020 income tax ASAP using an on-line service like Turbo Tax, CRA gets the filing right away and you should get a NOA within a couple of weeks. Once you have that then send it via web form with all the info you mentioned above and hope it catches up with your file.

Applications have been returned because of no NOA, you should have asked the question before you submitted the app.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
To add another comment to speed up getting your NOA. Go on-line and set up an account with CRA, then when the NOA is there you will get an email and you can print it off right away, otherwise it will come by mail.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
To add another comment to speed up getting your NOA. Go on-line and set up an account with CRA, then when the NOA is there you will get an email and you can print it off right away, otherwise it will come by mail.
You’re not able to set up /register for a My Account until you’ve filed two tax returns . The first return must be filed as a paper return.
When registering the system will ask what did the person put on xxx line on a previous return . Since they haven’t filed a return , they can’t answer that.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
You’re not able to set up /register for a My Account until you’ve filed two tax returns . The first return must be filed as a paper return.
When registering the system will ask what did the person put on xxx line on a previous return . Since they haven’t filed a return , they can’t answer that.
Things have changed, new PR last year, filed income tax on-line for 2020, signed up and got NOA through My Account back in the spring.

sidhuti007

Aug 13, 2014
@JackK : After sending the application, i sent out a webform that had a letter of explanation on why i didn't have an NOA. I also got a document from my bank which showed my total bank balance. I send that along with Pay stubs (4 latest) and a document from employer in an official letterhead that mentioned my yearly salary.

Reactions: JackK

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
@JackK : After sending the application, i sent out a webform that had a letter of explanation on why i didn't have an NOA. I also got a document from my bank which showed my total bank balance. I send that along with Pay stubs (4 latest) and a document from employer in an official letterhead that mentioned my yearly salary.
hey, i know your response is fairly recent, but how did it go? did you have any problems without the NOA?

moniquey_

Apr 22, 2022
Hello, did you send out Webform with additional documents after you received AOR or only after you got the temporary application number?

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
I just wanted to confirm that I passed eligibility as a sponsor without the NOA but with a letter of explanation. I also sent the NOA as soon as I received it and the AOR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just wanted to confirm that I passed eligibility as a sponsor without the NOA but with a letter of explanation. I also sent the NOA as soon as I received it and the AOR.
Needing financial proof often comes up at the end of the application and not at the SA step unless you receive welfare. Updating your application with NOA when you get it is a very good idea. Including proof of savings and, if possible, employment is a good idea if you are newly arrived in Canada.