May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hii guys i want to share my experience of landing and living in Canada.....its been only 7 days since i landed but i want to share all my experiences that will help all the newcomers who are already here in canada or are planning to land soon.

Firstly, i would like to tell about the baggage weight which normally a newcomer faces because generally all the airlines allow 23*2/person i.e.46kgs per person so, be careful when packing your bags keep items like clothes and your study books mainly because grocery items like rice,wheat,oil,ghee,spices,tea,coffee are easily available and are affordable so don't waste weight in carrying those stuff.....things like cookers,bedsheets,dal are costly so it can be carried from India only.
Our flight was lufthansa via Frankfurt, we landed at Pearson Airport at around 12pm in afternoon....processing was really smooth...we gave the address of our relatives for the PR Card....then we went in the customs where they didn't even bothered to check our B4 forms and jewellery items...we took the trolleys for $2 each and please carry some coins with you if possible because we were really pissed in getting some change......we went out, since my uncle is in Brampton i called him he came and took us home....at night we went for cellphone connection with wind but they said that they need our credit to give a new connection which we did not had with us, here i want to explain about credit history, its your credit history which you start earning once you get a credit card and start using it.....credit history is very important out here so please be very sure to pay your credit card bills on time with this you can earn a good credit history......so, finally we had to choose Fido, it has a good network in basement.....we landed on Friday and applied for sin card on Monday because without that nobody will allot you with a cellphone connectionout for me ....we got a basement apartment which my uncle had already booked for us.

This was my entire experience up till now....will share more of my experiences further...if any of you have any further queries you can PM me.

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
Congrats DrPari on landing to Canada!!

I have a question to all landed members, that is "which indian prepaid cellular company provide international roaming in Canada"

babbu

Kghimire

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks dear!

drpari said:
Hii guys i want to share my experience of landing and living in Canada.....its been only 7 days since i landed but i want to share all my experiences that will help all the newcomers who are already here in canada or are planning to land soon.

Firstly, i would like to tell about the baggage weight which normally a newcomer faces because generally all the airlines allow 23*2/person i.e.46kgs per person so, be careful when packing your bags keep items like clothes and your study books mainly because grocery items like rice,wheat,oil,ghee,spices,tea,coffee are easily available and are affordable so don't waste weight in carrying those stuff.....things like cookers,bedsheets,dal are costly so it can be carried from India only.
Our flight was lufthansa via Frankfurt, we landed at Pearson Airport at around 12pm in afternoon....processing was really smooth...we gave the address of our relatives for the PR Card....then we went in the customs where they didn't even bothered to check our B4 forms and jewellery items...we took the trolleys for $2 each and please carry some coins with you if possible because we were really pissed in getting some change......we went out, since my uncle is in Brampton i called him he came and took us home....at night we went for cellphone connection with wind but they said that they need our credit to give a new connection which we did not had with us, here i want to explain about credit history, its your credit history which you start earning once you get a credit card and start using it.....credit history is very important out here so please be very sure to pay your credit card bills on time with this you can earn a good credit history......so, finally we had to choose Fido, it has a good network in basement.....we landed on Friday and applied for sin card on Monday because without that nobody will allot you with a cellphone connectionout for me ....we got a basement apartment which my uncle had already booked for us.

This was my entire experience up till now....will share more of my experiences further...if any of you have any further queries you can PM me.

singh_king1234

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 july 2012
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
13 july 2012
Med's Request
April 2013
Med's Done....
12 April
Interview........
Telephonic
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
13 oct 2013
HEY Airtel gives you international roaming . as i went to canada on visitor visa there i used my delhi airtel number but incoming and outgoing calls are very very expensive so make sure you have min. 600 inr balance in your account.

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
What about tata docomo and Reliance ?? I have use Airtel in England but number got disconnected after 6 months!!

singh_king1234 said:
HEY Airtel gives you international roaming . as i went to canada on visitor visa there i used my delhi airtel number but incoming and outgoing calls are very very expensive so make sure you have min. 600 inr balance in your account.

singh_king1234

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 july 2012
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
13 july 2012
Med's Request
April 2013
Med's Done....
12 April
Interview........
Telephonic
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
13 oct 2013
i have no idea about reliance and docomo . but as per TRAI u need to recharge you phone in 6 months and have to make 1 call per month . just to remain your number activated dats it else they will disconnect your number on grounds of security issue.

singh_king1234

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 july 2012
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
13 july 2012
Med's Request
April 2013
Med's Done....
12 April
Interview........
Telephonic
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
13 oct 2013
Moreover about reliance ohda tan india ch network badi mushkil ton aanda haii canada jaa ke tan seedah dheeru bhai ambani nu he call milugi!!!

My suggestions go for either vodafone or airtel

Mikey76

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
babbu.mann said:

I have a question to all landed members, that is "which indian prepaid cellular company provide international roaming in Canada"

babbu
Even Prepaid Vodafone works here in Canada. But calls are very expensive...~ 90 INR for incoming calls per min...

My 2 cents...For Prepaid SIM cards over here in Canada, I would suggest go with "SpeakOut" - http://www.speakout7eleven.ca/
They are very cheap and affordable. No credit check, No SIN, no background check and no activation fees. They use Rogers network backbone and has very nice coverage across canada. Wind and Mobilicity does not have coverage if you are going outside Toronto.

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
Dear friend I need to carry my prepay sim in Canada for my Indian Banking purpose as most of SBI feature are related to SMS.
#
I can apply to port my network now to avoid the glitch later

I'd be happy to recharge sim every 4-5 months !!

suggestions plzzzzz....

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
drpari said:

I would like to add even DAL is cheap in Canada so dont bother to carry even that, carry lots of Crocin, Paracetamol, Moov, bams and antibiotics because medicines are multi times expensive in Canada

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
babbu.mann said:

babbu
Hutch and Airtel dono provide karte hai but koi kissi kaam ka nahi hai siedha canadian connection le lena

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
Thanks for your warm words!

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
Tasnim said:
Hi Everyone,

At Last the good news for us ! We have received our Medical Request and also been asked to send Right of Permanent Residence Fee and Copy of our Marriage Certificate. Can Anybody please advise us on the following :

1. On the letter they mentioned us to use the enclosed reply label but did not find any label . I can only see a label that patched on the letter .What to do ?

2. Additional document ( Marriage Certificate Copy)..do I need to notarize this copy ?

3. What address I need to send the Bankers draft, Additional doc ? Do I need to fill any form or covering letter when sending these docs ?

My Timeline as below:

App posted to CIC : January 02 , 2012
PER: April 20 , 2012
Medical Request : 20 Sept 2012

Waiting for reply

Thanks

Tasnim2012

Great!
do as per Sir Jaggy advice it wil suffice....
I think its not ndvo its other VO if its NDVO then pp will be clubbed together....

Regards, Spartan!

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
spartan300 said:

Great!
do as per Sir Jaggy advice it wil suffice....
I think its not ndvo its other VO if its NDVO then pp will be clubbed together....

Regards, Spartan!
don't call me SIR aisa lagta hai koi galli de raha hai.... :p :p :p :p :p :p

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
My friend went for an interview today at NDVO......he belongs to same noc as mine and he said there were other 7 people in the same noc scheduled for an interview today itself.

The VO told my friend that he did not believe that his reference letter is genuine and it has been made just to get entry into Canada. To this my friend replied that its genuine and also cleared all his doubts.........at last the VO told him that he would give him benefit of doubt and once again go thru his file.

According to me that sentence in the end assures MR for my friend........just thought of sharing this with you guys :)