NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Melhem1 said:
Congrats man,

do you mean cic updated eCas stating that they received the medical result?
Thank you. No CIC did not update yet. But the doctor told me that she uploaded the results in CIC website on that day.

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
vivi said:
Congratulation for the medical request.
Actually I and my wife are in the same boat that you were. We are 2 married PhD students and we applied for PR last September. The thing that makes me so worried is that I only attached the RA/TA work experience letter in my application, while I claimed 40 hours per week, even for the first year that I had some courses. I know you had the same problem and you sent an update RA letter to solve that issue. My question is: Is that possible I update my work experience letter with 25 hours per week? Isn't it a misrepresentation that causes a rejection on our application? Any suggestion/idea?
Hello vivi,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
It is true that I updated my reference letter once, but it was only because I didn't have the magic work "assist" in it.
In my first letter I claimed 40 hours/week, and in the second I claimed 39 hours/week.
I just changed from 40 to 39 because, at the time I updated my letter, my department had started issuing reference letters for RA and TA for PR purposes, and their official letter stated that I had worked 39 hours/week. I sent both my supervisor letter and the department letter when I updated my application. I didn't make any changes in Schedule 3.

What I am going to say to you right now is only *my* opinion based on the things I read in this forum and in my own experience:
If you have a strong application, they will not be picky with your reference letter.
Otherwise, if they don't like your application for some reason, but this reason is not valid for a rejection, they will start searching for stupid things like reference letter details to have grounds for a denial.

Having said that, of course it is better to not give them *any* reason where they can base their rejection.
But I cannot say my reference letter was good enough in this sense.
I don't know if changing your letter from 40 hours to 25 hours/week could cause misinterpretation, but I believe a few people here did that and passed eligibility.
Anyone want to comment about this?

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Hi All,

I was wondering when to submit the proof of funds. Should I submit the bank letter together with my application package, or send it later upon request by cic?

Thanks in advance.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Jubayer said:
What is this CoPR? Why not Passport Request? And why is it sent to home address instead of email? Curious.

Jubayer
Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. I don't need a visa stamp in my passport because I'm a US citizen. I thought the CoPR was sent to the home address because I remember reading that others had it sent there.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
2MarriedPhDs said:
Hello vivi,

It is true that I updated my reference letter once, but it was only because I didn't have the magic work "assist" in it.
In my first letter I claimed 40 hours/week, and in the second I claimed 39 hours/week.
I just changed from 40 to 39 because, at the time I updated my letter, my department had started issuing reference letters for RA and TA for PR purposes, and their official letter stated that I had worked 39 hours/week. I sent both my supervisor letter and the department letter when I updated my application. I didn't make any changes in Schedule 3.

What I am going to say to you right now is only *my* opinion based on the things I read in this forum and in my own experience:
If you have a strong application, they will not be picky with your reference letter.
Otherwise, if they don't like your application for some reason, but this reason is not valid for a rejection, they will start searching for stupid things like reference letter details to have grounds for a denial.

Having said that, of course it is better to not give them *any* reason where they can base their rejection.
I don't know if changing your letter from 40 hours to 25 hours/week could cause misinterpretation, but I believe a few people here did that and passed eligibility.
I agree with you .... if your application is strong, they will not be picky, and they can certainly use trivial reasons to reject arbitrarily.

I also speculate that they may *unoffically* evaluate applications from STEM differently then ones from social sciences, ... just a thought.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
2MarriedPhDs said:
Hello vivi,

The answer of this dilemma is simple; however, all applicants in this stream trying to ignore it. The answer is write the truth. How many hours you dedicated for RA that beyond your research project. Add those to what you have TA, then you can find how many hours of work per week. Most of applicants here don't like this because they will find them self work of about 20hrs/week or even less than 15hours/week. I don't believe that any full time international PhD student can or allowed to work 40hr/week. This is unbelievable and CIC should reject all of those submission with fake letters. How it come, you write your letter by yourself, and ask your supervisor signature. This is really shame on like PhD Candidates!!!

The good here you have a special stream that dedicated for you, so why you hurt it. When large percentage of those applicant are rejected, simply this stream would be closed.

Ask your self and do what you found real, that is my bottom advice to all of you.
Hope the best.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
salem10 said:
... How it come, you write your letter by yourself, and ask your supervisor signature. This is really shame on like PhD Candidates!!!

The good here you have a special stream that dedicated for you, so why you hurt it. When large percentage of those applicant are rejected, simply this stream would be closed.

Ask your self and do what you found real, that is my bottom advice to all of you.
Hope the best.
I wrote my reference letter myself and asked my supervisor to sign it. I said the first year I did --0-- hours as RA because I was working on classes and getting ready for comprehensives. The 2nd, 3rd, and (8 months of) 4th years were 15-20 hours per week for RA. That was what seemed to be most accurate.

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I just finished two years in my PhD program in Canada and I am preparing my papers to apply through the PhD stream. I have a couple of questions and I would be grateful if someone help me with them:

In the Generic application form:
1) What should I write in the immigration office requested for processing this application? Ottawa?
2) What should I write in the current occupation? so far I wrote PhD student/ Graduate Assistant
3) What should I write in the intended occupation? University Professor or Postdoctoral fellow??? ( I received an offer of employment for a post doc position)

In the schedule 3
1) Can I put my main occupation as a Dentist, even if it among the eligible 50 occupation list? I want to put dentist because lately the immigration office rejected a lot of application with just RA/TA experience and as a dentist I worked for more than one year in my home country.
2) Can I write in the work experience graduate assist. in the occupation title because the box wont fit if I write research and teaching assistant?

Thanks,

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Hi,

My eCAS shows the third line "Medical results have been received".

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Melhem1 said:
Congrats man,

do you mean cic updated eCas stating that they received the medical result?
Hi Melhem1,

The CIC updated that they received my medical results in eCAS. I just checked it.

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Hisham,

See my comments below ... I'm answering based upon my own experience.

Hisham984 said:
Hi Everyone,

I just finished two years in my PhD program in Canada and I am preparing my papers to apply through the PhD stream. I have a couple of questions and I would be grateful if someone help me with them:

In the Generic application form:
1) What should I write in the immigration office requested for processing this application? Ottawa?

>> Ottawa,Ontario (CPP) ---> It was CPP, it is now CPC

2) What should I write in the current occupation? so far I wrote PhD student/ Graduate Assistant

>> I'll leave it to other members as I have put "Project Management" on both.

3) What should I write in the intended occupation? University Professor or Postdoctoral fellow ( I received an offer of employment for a post doc position)

>> I'll leave it to other members as I have put "Project Management" on both.

In the schedule 3
1) Can I put my main occupation as a Dentist, even if it among the eligible 50 occupation list? I want to put dentist because lately the immigration office rejected a lot of application with just RA/TA experience and as a dentist I worked for more than one year in my home country.

>> I recommend to put Dentist, especially if it is among the 50 eligible occupation. My recommendation is to go with the FSW-Eligible Occupation not the PhD stream as the first one is being processed faster.

2) Can I write in the work experience graduate assist. in the occupation title because the box wont fit if I write research and teaching assistant?

>> I had the same issue, I just wrote the maximum it has taken, then, when printed it out, I wrote the full occupation below it (hand-writing)

I hope this helps!

Thanks

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Hey buddies,
I am about to submit POF and 6 months statement to CPC (they asked for it).
Is it a problem if my bank account shows added money in the last couple of days before getting the statement. It won't be that much (may be less than $ 1000), but I just want to add them first before getting the statement so I can have more than the required amount and be sure everything is OK.

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
chakri264 said:
Hi Melhem1,

The CIC updated that they received my medical results in eCAS. I just checked it.
Hi Chakri,

Congrats again, hopefully you will get the passport request soon. I and other applicants here who did the medical almost seven weeks ago still do not have the update on ecas that they received the medical result.
Are you in Toronto? if yes, where did you do the medical test?