+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apping SUPER VISA to IN-LAWS

manichinnari555

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Hi Seniors,

I am new this gorup:

I have recently received by PR and laning last weekend. Now, I would like to apply for SUPER VISA for my IN-LAWS, below is my condition, please let me know if I elligile to do?

1. My wife is currently working, but has PR same as me ?
2. My family depends on my income.

It will be really appericiated, if someone can apply what will best VISA to apply at this moment.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i don't think you can apply for in-laws. your wife has to be the sponsor while you can be co-sponsor and provide additional financial support.

also if you were sponsored by your wife, you can't sponsor anyone for a certain period of time.

i find normal visa for parents to be better at this point. i don't like the need to apply for canadian health insurance.

manichinnari555

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
chakrab said:
i don't think you can apply for in-laws. your wife has to be the sponsor while you can be co-sponsor and provide additional financial support.

also if you were sponsored by your wife, you can't sponsor anyone for a certain period of time.

i find normal visa for parents to be better at this point. i don't like the need to apply for canadian health insurance.
chakrab Thanks for the response.

i am the main application for the PR, my wife is my depedent.
Can she apply for super visa for her parents and she doedn't have a job currently ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
manichinnari555 said:
chakrab Thanks for the response.

i am the main application for the PR, my wife is my depedent.
Can she apply for super visa for her parents and she doedn't have a job currently ?
Yes she can. As long as your income meets LICO.

manichinnari555

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
scylla said:
Yes she can. As long as your income meets LICO.
Hi scylla,

Thanks for the clarification.

Can you please provide more light, what is LICO and what is time line to get the visa in case everything goes good ?

Does the general VISA will be provided for six months for 10 Year(I am from INDIA)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
manichinnari555 said:
Hi scylla,

Can you please provide more light, what is LICO and what is time line to get the visa in case everything goes good ?

Does the general VISA will be provided for six months for 10 Year(I am from INDIA)
LICO is the minimum income you need to show for the previous tax year, based on your family size: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables
So if there is you and your wife, and if you have say 1 child, and you want to sponsor her 2 parents, then that would be family size of 5. Based on the LICO chart for 5, that means you and your wife would have to show combined income of $49,839.

I believe supervisas are pretty quick to get... within 3-4 months or so. Parents can stay up to 2 years before needing to renew.

Main disadvantage is you need to buy a full years worth of private medical insurance for them, which can be very costly.

Depending how long you want the visit to be, getting a regular visit visa first may be a better option.

manichinnari555

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Rob_TO said:
LICO is the minimum income you need to show for the previous tax year, based on your family size: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables
So if there is you and your wife, and if you have say 1 child, and you want to sponsor her 2 parents, then that would be family size of 5. Based on the LICO chart for 5, that means you and your wife would have to show combined income of $49,839.

I believe supervisas are pretty quick to get... within 3-4 months or so. Parents can stay up to 2 years before needing to renew.

Main disadvantage is you need to buy a full years worth of private medical insurance for them, which can be very costly.

Depending how long you want the visit to be, getting a regular visit visa first may be a better option.

Thanks Rob.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manichinnari555 said:
Hi scylla,

from india, parents' visas are given for 5 years. they can stay up to 6 months and apply for extension. it's easier if the parents are still working, not a big requirement. write a invitation letter to the parents and also state you wish to sponsor their stay. make sure to get travel insurance from india.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:

do you know if it's gross or net income? i couldn't find it on the site.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
chakrab said:
do you know if it's gross or net income? i couldn't find it on the site.
Gross income.