+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appied PR (Skilled Worker) using Intership workign experience

edwyntao

Jul 5, 2006
Hi there,
I have been living in Canada since year 2000 as a Visa student from China. After finished 90% of my degree in Bachelor of Science, major in Computer Science, I started my intership in May 2004. I applied PR (Skilled Worker, in Buffalo) in May 2005 (one full year working experience).
got the AOR on June 06, 2005
got letter for IELTS in July2005, then did the test in August,2005
since then, my online e-status stays In Process (almost 13 months now)
Things that bother me are that I came to Canada shortly after graduated from high school so technically I still don't have a degree yet even I did send CIC all transcript and a letter said I would graduate in Dec 2005 (I planned to graduate in Dec 2005 when the time I applied the PR.) and no any previous working experience. However I got another intership opportunity with a very good company(very good pay too) started in Sep 2005 for a year(updated this contact with CIC too). So I am current working on my second year intership until Sep 2006 and then I will go back to school to get my degree in DEC2006 for sure! No more intership!
my questions are am I gotta be rejected due to fail to obtain a degree? does intership working experience count as working experience? should I obtain a CAIPS?
anyone has the similar situation, please share your experience with me. Thanks so much! Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

edwyntao said:
Hi there,
I have been living in Canada since year 2000 as a Visa student from China. After finished 90% of my degree in Bachelor of Science, major in Computer Science, I started my intership in May 2004. I applied PR (Skilled Worker, in Buffalo) in May 2005 (one full year working experience).
got the AOR on June 06, 2005
got letter for IELTS in July2005, then did the test in August,2005
since then, my online e-status stays In Process (almost 13 months now)
Things that bother me are that I came to Canada shortly after graduated from high school so technically I still don't have a degree yet even I did send CIC all transcript and a letter said I would graduate in Dec 2005 (I planned to graduate in Dec 2005 when the time I applied the PR.) and no any previous working experience. However I got another intership opportunity with a very good company(very good pay too) started in Sep 2005 for a year(updated this contact with CIC too). So I am current working on my second year intership until Sep 2006 and then I will go back to school to get my degree in DEC2006 for sure! No more intership!
my questions are am I gotta be rejected due to fail to obtain a degree? does intership working experience count as working experience? should I obtain a CAIPS?
anyone has the similar situation, please share your experience with me. Thanks so much! Thanks in advance!
1. You don't have a degree so if you have only completed high school, then you will only get 5 points.
2. It may be difficult to get the points for the Internship, since the job skills have to be in either A& B or O level in the NOC>
3. If you have not had your IA then CAIPS is pretty useless.

PMM