+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appealing decision on Denial of PR Visa

Apr 17, 2016
Hello.My husband of two years was denied a permanent residence visa on April 13,2016.He attended the interview and answered all the questions truthfully but some questions he did not know the answer to so truthfully said he did not know.This was a strike against us.We are both muslims and in my communication to him because i did not say at the end of my emails or texts "inshallah" the visa officer said that this proves that i dont practice islam which is so ludacrist and so untrue and what bearing does this have on him applying for a pr visa? This officer said to my husband this woman loves you but you dont love her because you did not ask her to live in your country and the reason being is that we did in fact discuss this but i have a good paying job and many bills to pay off and need to continue to live here to be able to pay my bills off.The country my husband is from for his type of work does not pay well and he told the officer he would pay all my bills and have me live there but its much more idealistic to have me live here in Canada and he come join me.I think that Canada is the most beautiful place on this earth and i want to share this with my husband and it is a better opportunity for him to come join me here.He told my husband that my daughters did nt attend our marriage in Jordan because they did not agree on this marriage and this is not only ludacrist ,false and very assuming of this officer.My daughters could not attend because of financial reasons.How could he possibly know why they did not attend? Their is a age difference and we feel he judged us on this reason and he is rasciss and judgemental and mentioned his objection to our age many times thruout this interview.Is love suppose to have a age limit and does this mean we cant fall in love with someone older or younger ? His final remark was i am denying you this visa because you have nothing in common and you are just trying to live in Canada .My husband was so upset as well as myself.This is so untrue .We are appealing this decision and i have contacted the immigration minister in Canada as well as sending a email to our Prime Minister and have been in contact with legal counsel.I love this man with all my heart and soul and he loves me and i have everything ready for him if he were able to come here to Canada such as a home to live in ,dental,medical and hospital insurance i pay for thru my employer and i have been to the Multicultural Association seeking information to help him settle in here as well.I am very determined to be with this man i love and who Allah has brought us together.Also this visa officer told my husband he dosent deny that we have a relationship but believes it is not genuine because i have not been back to my husbands country to visit since we married and againthis was due to finances. :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should join the appeals thread. This is where all of the discussions can be found regarding the appeal process and where you'll get the best answers to your questions from other people going through the process: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.7125.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add - if you haven't seen your husband in two years (since you married) - I think you're going to have an uphill battle with the appeal. It may make more sense to forget about appealing and use the money you would spend on a lawyer to instead visit your husband a few times - and then reapply once you have additional relationship proof.