+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appealing a 5-year ban

dimitrow

Oct 14, 2019
Hello Everyone,
My name is Dmytro, I’m a citizen of Ukraine.
I just got a 5-year ban, hope you could help with that...
I made a big mistake when I chose to work with attorney.
She had to work on my Express Entry and also help to file a TRV application.
She applied once, received refusal. Then I tried to stop her, but she applied for the second time promising me: “I know what I’m doing.” This time it was a 5-year ban with a letter from the embassy:
"I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.”
Only after this, the attorney shared with me all forms she applied. And it became clear to me why I received the ban. She failed to provide correct information about everything: the date of my birth, my travel history, my employment history… Same for my wife.
I have no idea how it is possible to fail so much.
What should I do?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Appealing requires an actual error in law based on what IRCC had available to them and the responses from you. There was no error like that here.

You'd need a Canadian lawyer to apply for judicial review.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,
My name is Dmytro, I’m a citizen of Ukraine.
I just got a 5-year ban, hope you could help with that...
I made a big mistake when I chose to work with attorney.
She had to work on my Express Entry and also help to file a TRV application.
She applied once, received refusal. Then I tried to stop her, but she applied for the second time promising me: “I know what I’m doing.” This time it was a 5-year ban with a letter from the embassy:
"I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.”
Only after this, the attorney shared with me all forms she applied. And it became clear to me why I received the ban. She failed to provide correct information about everything: the date of my birth, my travel history, my employment history… Same for my wife.
I have no idea how it is possible to fail so much.
What should I do?
As said above, you will need to hire a lawyer in Canada to appeal the ban. You'll need to go through the judicial review process. Expect this to cost at least $3,000 to $5,000 in fees or possibly more with no guarantee of successs.

However I'm not sure it's worthwhile to appeal since the misrepresentation finding and ban were correctly applied because false information was included in the applications. IRCC doesn't care who was responsible for the misrepresentation - they hold you resposible as the applicant. If working with an attorney or agent, it's your responsibility to verify that all information in the application is accurate before it's submitted. You can certainly still try to appeal, however you should assume the chances of having the ban overturned are most likely on the low side.

Reactions: bellaluna

olawumi2005

Sep 9, 2012
If ban principal applicant for five years ban in Canada. Do u possible for spouse to apply for visa outside Canada

olawumi2005

Sep 9, 2012
If ban principal applicant for five years ban in Canada. Do u possible for spouse to apply for visa outside Canada

olawumi2005

Sep 9, 2012
If there's a ban in place, whether the application is inside or outside Canada makes no difference, it's still banned.
Principal applicants apply for visitors visa in canada unfortunately for him ban for five years plz what about spouse do u possible spouse to apply for visitors visa canada