+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Oh haha i thought you were waiting for a date of hearing ! My mistake. In my case, they reopened my file after 25 days
I don't have GCKey account can I still see my file once its reopen on Ecas? Also do I use the same application number that starts with F?

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
I don't have GCKey account can I still see my file once its reopen on Ecas? Also do I use the same application number that starts with F?
The application number stays the same. And for the GCKey.. they usually don’t send you an email when the file is reopened but you will receive an email saying that you have to updates some forms after. Try to open ECAS. when the file is reopen, usually it is supposed to be written « We received your file on *date of the reopening* »

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
The application number stays the same. And for the GCKey.. they usually don’t send you an email when the file is reopened but you will receive an email saying that you have to updates some forms after. Try to open ECAS. when the file is reopen, usually it is supposed to be written « We received your file on *date of the reopening* »
Ok thank you very much. Im so anxious for this to be over. My husband cannot wait to give his resignation. Im just worried that we may have to wait another year due to Covid.

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Ok thank you very much. Im so anxious for this to be over. My husband cannot wait to give his resignation. Im just worried that we may have to wait another year due to Covid.
I understand! It is a difficult process and it is so worth it at the end! Do not worry! Some people had the wait a year (in my case I am still waiting and I won the appeal 14 months ago) but others got the PPR after 4 months and other 7 months. I hope all of this will be over soon for you and for me !

• Love
Reactions: Alexis1971

Javed120

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
2019 December My
Case accept
i receive work permit 2020 February
Still waiting
Can I check my file online
Ecas
How do I check
My file please help

Janet2011

Jul 29, 2019
@MayTa I'd like to know if you hired a lawyer to file your appeal or did it by yourself. I got my refusal letter yesterday, and want to know what I should do next. Thank you! BTW, your timeline is very helpful!

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Hey! I am sorry for the refusal. I actually didn’t hire a lawyer.. but it depends of the reason of refusal. In my case, I had a lot of proof to back me and also I did an ADR not a full hearing. If they tell you that you have to do a full hearing, it is always best to hire a lawyer, but for an ADR, it depends of the reasons of refusal.. I hope everything will go well for you!

Janet2011

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! My reason is the minimal income thing. I qualify that from 2018 till today. I applied in 2019. So I got rejected because of the years 2017 and 2016.

Janet2011

Jul 29, 2019
@MayTa When you filed your appeal, did you just fill the form? Or you email all necessary documents to IAD? For ADR, did you appear in person or by video call? Thank you!

Gabi21

Jun 28, 2021
Hi, Alexis:
Congratulation winning the appeal!

I am wondering how long after you heard back, and continued finishing your application?
(We also won in middle of June this year.)

Thank you.

Regards,

Gab

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Hi, Alexis:
Congratulation winning the appeal!

I am wondering how long after you heard back, and continued finishing your application?
(We also won in middle of June this year.)

Thank you.

Regards,

Gab
We won Jan 2021 and haven't heard anything as yet.

Gabi21

Jun 28, 2021
We won Jan 2021 and haven't heard anything as yet.
Hi,
Wow, sorry to hear that!
Their website sais the case to reach back to the visa office can be up to 4 weeks, to start processing an other 8 weeks.
But in your case is 6 months already...
I wish you too the best!