+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal In Immigration Appeal Division

Samkangethe

Jan 31, 2019
Dear Sir/Madam

I have a couple of questions

1) After presenting the Notice of Appeal - Residence Obligation Appeal, how long does it take on average before the hearing starts?

2) On Average when hearing starts to ruling, how long does that take?

3) In the event the ruling is negative and one is told to leave the country before 30 days elapse...Assume i want to appeal to the federal courts,
a) Do I leave the country ?
b) How can I prevent loosing my permanent residence as we awaits hearing and ruling of the
federal courts.?
c) I understand it varies but how long(period) on average does the federal courts take from hearing
to ruling.?

Thanks I appreciate your reply..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Based on your previous posts you and your wife can enter Canada but your children currently have to ability to enter the country. Attemptimg to get a PRTD om H&C after a first refusal is an uphill battle. Given you have 4 children that have never entered Canada you need to assess whether there is any chance of maintaining PR and whether it makes sense to pay a lawyer. When it comes to appeals there is no real time frame.

Samkangethe

Jan 31, 2019
Based on your previous posts you and your wife can enter Canada but your children currently have to ability to enter the country. Attemptimg to get a PRTD om H&C after a first refusal is an uphill battle. Given you have 4 children that have never entered Canada you need to assess whether there is any chance of maintaining PR and whether it makes sense to pay a lawyer. When it comes to appeals there is no real time frame.
Thank you for your reply..do you suggest I apply for new PR afresh?