+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal for visa refusal

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you ordered GCMS notes to find out why your parents were denied? It does look like you applied the first time before you had NOA proving you made LICO. It also seems like your parents may be living with your sister in the UAE. If that is correct it becomes very hard to show their ties to their home country and that they are not moving to Canada. They are still visiting even though they are requesting to visit for 2 years.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
But if in case we do reapply & a letter of invitation from the member of the parliament will it help our application?
Hi - here's the thing about letters from MPs (or other public servants of Canada).

Canadian Immigration Officers are independent decision-makers operating under the rule of law and directed by established practices and policies. Letters from other government types are not given much positive weight and can even be resented.

A desperate need to visit Canada is suspicious, and the MPs letter can look a little desperate.

If the MP doesn't have personal knowledge of your purpose, plans and financial situation - not the person in Canada inviting you, but you - then the letter is viewed as a generic missive designed to please the MPs constituent without regard to any resulting TRV being issued. They produce these general message letters and they're worthless if not damaging.

If you want to come to Canada TEMORARILY then have a good reason, plenty of your own money and some very good reasons to go home again. It really is just that simple. If those three things aren't present then it's the officer's job to refuse the application no matter what anyone says.

Jenyglen

Sep 18, 2019
Actually i applied for a visitor visa to canada to attend the american dental congress, I've been in my dental profession for 15yrs now & have my own dental office for 13 yrs now. I paid the registration fee for the dental congress already as it needs pre registration. I will be the one paying for my hotel accomodation, insurance, plane ticket but i will be bringing my 8 yr old daughter with me. My husband who is a police officer in the Philippines will be left here with my 5 yr old son. But last thursday, my daughter's visit visa was refused. I'm still waiting for mine.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Actually i applied for a visitor visa to canada to attend the american dental congress, I've been in my dental profession for 15yrs now & have my own dental office for 13 yrs now. I paid the registration fee for the dental congress already as it needs pre registration. I will be the one paying for my hotel accomodation, insurance, plane ticket but i will be bringing my 8 yr old daughter with me. My husband who is a police officer in the Philippines will be left here with my 5 yr old son. But last thursday, my daughter's visit visa was refused. I'm still waiting for mine.
That sounds positive and I hope that you get it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But what do you think happen to my daughter's visitor visa why it was refused?
It doesn’t make sense to bring a child to a dental conference which is one of the reasons she would have been refused. It would also raise concerns about your true intentions.

Jenyglen

Sep 18, 2019
It doesn’t make sense to bring a child to a dental conference which is one of the reasons she would have been refused. It would also raise concerns about your true intentions.
One reason I'm bringing her with me is to visit my sister's family in vancouver who we haven't seen for 2 yrs now. We actually planned that if visa approved she will stay with them during my 3 day stay at the hotel, i wrote that in the visa application.

Jenyglen

Sep 18, 2019
He reasons my 8 yr old daughter trv was refused due to these reasons
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as temporary resident, as stipulated in the paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR based on your purpose of your visit
*AS A SUPPORTING DOCUMENT TO MY REASON OF GOING TO VANCOUVER CANADA FOR A DENTAL CONFERENCE, MY SISTER WHO IS LIVING IN VANCOUVER WISHES TO BE VISITED AFTER THE CONFERENCE & WROTE A LETTER INVITING US IN THEIR PLACE AND SINCE MY DAUGHTER WOULD BE IN A MIDYEAR BREAK HER KIDS WISHED ME BRING HER WITH ME. OUR STAY IN CANADA WOULD ONLY BE WITHIN 2 WEEKS AS I HAVE ANOTHER KID TO ATTEND TO & SCHOOL WILL RESUME AFTER THE END OF OUR STAY.

Consent for the minor child to undertake travel to Canada has not been provided by the non accompanying parent.
*THIS IS A MISTAKE I MADE BECAUSE I THOUGHT I ALREADY SENT IT TO THE TRAVEL AGENCY WHO HANDLED OUR APPLICATION, (THE CONSENT IS READY, SIGNED BY MY HUSBAND BUT UNFORTUNATELY I MISSED SENDING IT) THE AGENCY NEVER TOLD US THAT IM MISSING SOMETHING

Should i reapply/reappeal asap?
Is the HK travel enough for a kid?
Is the invitation letter from my sister enough?
Should i make a cover letter explaining that the Canadian government should not worry that we will not stay because i have young son & a husband as a tie in my country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He reasons my 8 yr old daughter trv was refused due to these reasons
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as temporary resident, as stipulated in the paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR based on your purpose of your visit
*AS A SUPPORTING DOCUMENT TO MY REASON OF GOING TO VANCOUVER CANADA FOR A DENTAL CONFERENCE, MY SISTER WHO IS LIVING IN VANCOUVER WISHES TO BE VISITED AFTER THE CONFERENCE & WROTE A LETTER INVITING US IN THEIR PLACE AND SINCE MY DAUGHTER WOULD BE IN A MIDYEAR BREAK HER KIDS WISHED ME BRING HER WITH ME. OUR STAY IN CANADA WOULD ONLY BE WITHIN 2 WEEKS AS I HAVE ANOTHER KID TO ATTEND TO & SCHOOL WILL RESUME AFTER THE END OF OUR STAY.

Consent for the minor child to undertake travel to Canada has not been provided by the non accompanying parent.
*THIS IS A MISTAKE I MADE BECAUSE I THOUGHT I ALREADY SENT IT TO THE TRAVEL AGENCY WHO HANDLED OUR APPLICATION, (THE CONSENT IS READY, SIGNED BY MY HUSBAND BUT UNFORTUNATELY I MISSED SENDING IT) THE AGENCY NEVER TOLD US THAT IM MISSING SOMETHING

Should i reapply/reappeal asap?
Is the HK travel enough for a kid?
Is the invitation letter from my sister enough?
Should i make a cover letter explaining that the Canadian government should not worry that we will not stay because i have young son & a husband as a tie in my country.
Please don’t write in caps it means you are yelling. Yes you should apply again. I would include the letter from your husband and all the information you have described for why your child would like to come to Vancouver and why she will return. You should also include a copy of information of when her midterm break is to show she will be on vacation at that time.

Jenyglen

Sep 18, 2019
Please don’t write in caps it means you are yelling. Yes you should apply again. I would include the letter from your husband and all the information you have described for why your child would like to come to Vancouver and why she will return. You should also include a copy of information of when her midterm break is to show she will be on vacation at that time.
Oh i'm sorry for the caps. How about the Hongkong travel? Would it be enough for the kids travel history?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh i'm sorry for the caps. How about the Hongkong travel? Would it be enough for the kids travel history?
No doesn’t really add anything but you can include it. Travel history is only relevant for countries where visas are hard to obtain. She is relatively young so travel history is not as important.

Jenyglen

Sep 18, 2019
No doesn’t really add anything but you can include it. Travel history is only relevant for countries where visas are hard to obtain. She is relatively young so travel history is not as important.
Thank you so much for a very hopeful answers from you. You're a blessing to people like me who are anxious about issues like this.

Hansika

Dec 2, 2019
Hi
I got my refusal on Nov27 ,2019 for Canada study Permit on the grounds that Visa officer is nt convinced that I will return to my country later
. My IELTS band score 7.5
I have done B.com ,MA english ,B.ed ....and have 2 year teaching experience
I even showed enough funds and stated clearly that I want to learn financial planning to help my father in business...
There is no gap in my studies.
I have Seneca's offer letter .
My SOP clearly states that I want to diversify my knowledge so want to study Diploma in Business Administration financial planning.
I hired Canadian lawyer to appeal ...
Are there chances for visa?
Please suggest
Thanking in anticipation