+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal disaster

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
canadianwoman

I am deeply sorry. I don't know what to say ! :mad:
I can read the people from their writing. So, I have found you as a pure soul, since I started to read your posts in this forum.
I do love Canada. I am aware that Canada has less racism compared to Europe for example. But I am very careful in saying "that was a kind of racism". If your husband was coming from Europe or NZ or Aussie etc etc, he would have been in Canada in a few months after submitting first application. leave alone the hardship of appeal.
I really do not know what is left as best option for you.
I hope PMM or Rubslov will come forward and advise you. I trust both.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
seems once someone has tried to come in on a visitors visa and then has a spousal application their lives are made very difficult with two attemps to enter as a visitor it makes their lives a nightmare!

i have a friend who was recently refused her husband applied for a visitors visa to visit his sister five years ago and was refused in a spousal appeal hearing.

Its a real shame!!! I'm really sorry for the both of you!!!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Thank you everyone for your kind words.
minna said:
What did you lawyer say afterward?
My lawyer offered me a ride home afterward, and in the car I asked her, "well, was that as bad as I think it was?", and she said yes.
She also implied she thought they were being racist, but I know that is hard to prove.

Today my husband phoned me with the news that one of his friends just got a PR visa to Canada - the friend is a Nigerian man, his wife is Canadian, it was an internet romance. They chatted for about 3 months on the net, then she came to Malaysia to meet him and they spent one week together, then they went to Nigeria and got married, staying there for a week. Then the wife went back to Canada and the husband back to Malaysia, where he applied for his PR. Three months later he got it.
I just don't understand why a relationship like that is considered legitimate, but one like mine isn't.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Oh, this whole process is so unfair, isn't it?? I thought that the judge would just allow the appeal based on the sheer length of your realationship! How on earth they could think it's a marriage of convenience for NINE YEARS is beyond me.

I'm so sad tonight.

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Hi guys I would like to give my support to Canadianwoman.
really. this is absolutely disgusting.
I had a case of refusal too for circumstances that they do not exist at all (they say that I have to no intention to come back to canada anytime soon as a sponsor WHILE i am currently working at the govt here in toronto).

Yesterday I received a call from the president of the Candiam Association of Immigration COnsultants, Peter Bernier. I explained him my situation. He knew that we are same sex couple. He told me to write immediately a letter to Rome Visa OFfice and directely go to the manager director.
In his opinion they did a HUGE MISTAKE. He told me that last year they fired an entire working team in Manila and Moscow for same mistakes. And that this is impossible to accept.

I mean guys, these people are playing with someone else lives. This is not admissible at all.
I am with you Canadianwoman and with all the people who took this kind of officers.

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
Is it possible for you to file a complaint with CIC? I think at the very least, you and your lawyer should write a letter to the head of CIC documenting your poor treatment in the appeal, and noting the names of the judges and lawyers you dealt with.

And definitely, contact your MP, as well.

So sorry this happened!! Argh! So frustrating!!

I

iarblue

So when will you know how it went anyway,i know you think it went bad.....but when will they let you know the results?I hope it is a good result.I sent a copy of your post to my wife she said they were sick in the head lol.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
How absolutely disgusting... I am appauled at the treatment you and your husband received from the judge.

I am so very sorry.....

Could your husband apply for a TRV?

I realise that this article doesn't really apply ............. but it should as the end result is the same!

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/I-2.5/page-2.html

ARTICLE 1 OF THE CONVENTION AGAINST TORTURE AND OTHER CRUEL, INHUMAN AND DEGRADING TREATMENT OR PUNISHMENT

1. For the purposes of this Convention, torture means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions.

2. This article is without prejudice to any international instrument or national legislation which does or may contain provisions of wider application.

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 July 2010 @ Missisauga
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Cannot believe this is what you had faced. Well this is ridiculous. But at the end of the day true love wins! dont worry canadian women... i m sure it will be positive..

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
iarblue said:
So when will you know how it went anyway,i know you think it went bad.....but when will they let you know the results?I hope it is a good result.I sent a copy of your post to my wife she said they were sick in the head lol.
Thanks.
Well, it is true the judge did not make a decision at the hearing. She said it would be 3 or 4 weeks. I'm hoping she comes to her senses and realizes that my husband did know almost everything they asked, and what he didn't know is not relevant to whether our marriage is genuine.

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
I'm very deeply sorry with your story. I hope you will find the ways to appeal it (maybe go publicly)and you guys can be together forever. Sometimes we do not know who is playing the games to us, especially this PR process. Where there is a will, there is a way!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I personally know of a case of a couple that lives on my street that did it only for the visa.. the guy got paid and the girl got to come to Canada.. they aren't even ashamed of it! And they had no problems, no appeal, etc.. This system is broken and if you are denied you really should go to the media. If you are in the GTA, the Toronto Sun runs stories on immigration. Be sure to include the racist remarks. It's disgusting and Canadians need to know what their system is like. Everyone thinks it's so easy.. my MIL was shocked to hear that we weren't approved yet and that it will probably be several more months, and we just submitted ours in May! People are really unaware of what we go through, and that needs to stop.

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
sbwv09 said:
I personally know of a case of a couple that lives on my street that did it only for the visa.. the guy got paid and the girl got to come to Canada.. they aren't even ashamed of it! And they had no problems, no appeal, etc.. This system is broken and if you are denied you really should go to the media. If you are in the GTA, the Toronto Sun runs stories on immigration. Be sure to include the racist remarks. It's disgusting and Canadians need to know what their system is like. Everyone thinks it's so easy.. my MIL was shocked to hear that we weren't approved yet and that it will probably be several more months, and we just submitted ours in May! People are really unaware of what we go through, and that needs to stop.
I agree with you, sbwv09. I think this kind of scams are everywhere with various embassies even here in Australia. Same stories like you said even the Australian immigration caught some people here who tried to have fake marriage for the immigration purpose also. That is really shameful! These people should know and think deeply of what we all have gone through and want to be with the family but those have ruined it. Also, the next generations will have much more difficult times to get through due to those people's nationalities whoever had done scam things before, so the IO might pay more attention to this as well.

It is unfair to the couples who are so genuine but being refused, there should be some measurements for the IO who should know who the real couples are in order to enter/immigrate to Canada.