+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

appeal against PRTD Refusal by visa officer at New Delhi- hearing notice

Kumar2018

Jun 17, 2018
I have received a hearing schedule notice in respect of my IAD appeal filed by me in Dec 2018 against refusal of PRTD by Visa Officer at New Delhi due to my not being in Canada even for a single day during the 5 year period used for determination of residency obligation. I had cited bad health as the ground while applying for a PRTD and had enclosed copies of some medical documents in support.
Hearing schdule notice dated 21st october 2019 received by me mentions/advises that i should submit documents in support of any reason i wish to mention in my appeal before a hearing could be scheduled.i have also received back a set of complete documents ranging from my initial application with documents submitted at the time of applying for Canadian PR IN 2010 to the documents issued to me by CIC, including the documents submitted by me at the time of applying for PRTD.
My query is : am i supposed to resend the same documents to the IAD and The Ministers Counsel in respect of my appeal against the decision of Visa officer at Delhi as i had sent to the latter(Visa Officer, Delhi) at the time of applying for PRTD or am i to send something additional in support of my appeal ? i must send my reply or supporting documents by 20th December 2019.
i know chances of my appeal being successful are almost Nil , but i wud still like to try my luck. any information in this regard wud be highly appreciated ..

Thanks in anticipation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to put a package together with all your proof that you were unable to move. In cases where people had true H&C reasons they would have had lots of medical and hospital records proving there inability to move. You spent 4 days in Canada when you landed in 2012. Is the time an effort that it would take to put together an argument be really worth it? It you have any chance you would need to hire a lawyer.

Reactions: Qwertypod

Kumar2018

Jun 17, 2018
You need to put a package together with all your proof that you were unable to move. In cases where people had true H&C reasons they would have had lots of medical and hospital records proving there inability to move. You spent 4 days in Canada when you landed in 2012. Is the time an effort that it would take to put together an argument be really worth it? It you have any chance you would need to hire a lawyer.
May be i m not getting it..but isn't the record with supporting documents that i had sent to the Visa officer at Delhi while applying for PRTD already with them? or is it that this record is also to be sent to IAD as well as the Minister's counsel by me only now.
as regards medical reasons, i was mainly troubled initially by an anal abscess and later by a fistula for around 4 years. this may not be a strong reason but i cant just abandon my appeal also.i am single, unmarried, will turn 40 tomorrow and my experience on the basis of which i had got this PR is also old now.. i wont be successful with a new PR application..i have no significant connections in Canada except for a couple of acquaintances there. i am finding it hard to abandon the appeal even while being aware that my chances are almost zero.
Thanks.